Reviews for No Requiem For The Damned
Duckie chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I especially like that idea of YnMalik as a stranger living inside the body of her brother, somebody different than him, somebody she doesn't know. That part really worked for me. And you really do have a recognizable style-it's so neat how even though we all approached the pairing in different ways, the writing itself is very distinctive for each of us.

The only things I didn't like as much is the 'apocalypse' in your summary-it's like using the word in the definition-and the 'was-it-all-a-dream' moment at the end tends to reduce the payoff for me a little, but I really liked your pacing and the aura of the piece. My favorite part was probably the comparison between Malik and Kaiba, and how the Rod has a type-that was so intriguing. I wish there was more of Kaiba! (But I always want that xD)

Great job, and thank you for writing this!
MMF chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I like that you've used the Millennium Rod-ownership as a way to link Marik and Kaiba, that's something that didn't even cross my mind when writing my own fic but it's a really neat way to connect them. The way you wrote this is neat, too, the focus on shadows and illusions is well done and it's smooth to the point that I'm not sure what was illusion and what wasn't, which I think was kind-of your point. So good job there. I do wish it had been a little longer or that there would have been a bit more to it, but I liked your approach to the pairing and it was a good read. Good job on this, and keep up the good work! :)

Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
OxEyed chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
You always do really well with horror stories, and this was no exception. The characters were all written splendidly, especially Ishizu. The tension between her and Yami Malik was very gripping to read-this all felt like a very real alternative to canon events. The use of Kaiba as a weapon against her was also good-I would have liked to read a non-brainwashed version of him, but I can't have everything, ha. Nice job!
This-Account-No-Longer-Here chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
I...Should not be reading the contest fanfics at college. People turned to stare when my hand flew over my mouth. :'D

But it's the kind of sick thing Yami Marik would do. And the idea of having him use Seto break her spirit...It was the pairing yes, but this plot made it so much more interesting.