Reviews for Loud and Clear
UnpredictablyRandomOne chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Poor Billy. Always getting the sharp end of a knife embedded in his gut. Ha Short but to the point. I don't think Casey would have been as merciful as Michael. He wouldn't have just shot him, either. I think Casey can be quite creative when it comes to revenge. Great job!
Cathy chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
You always do such a great job at capturing their personalities, and this story was no different, even if it is an older one. That just goes to show that you've had a knack for these four guys for a long time now.

Thanks for sharing.
soccermom72 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Awesome. I love the way you whump Billy.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I just don't know how you make each of your stories different. The Hurt delivered in a differnt way each time. Always with a plot (expanded upon or not) to give enough background to be convincing. This was so tightly written. I'm always impressed.
Lena7142 chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I really love this fic. The moment where Billy is stabbed: "...he misses the blade as it slides deep into his gut. At first, there's no pain, just pressure and shock as the man pulls him close to finish the job..." is just fantastic and makes me flail like a madwoman.

And then THIS happens:

Eyes locked on Michael's, he has to say it. If it's the last thing. "It's worth…everything."

And Billy has no regrets when he closes his eyes.

... And I go utterly to pieces.

This is such a lyrical fic, in terms of the structure and repetition and the patterns and themes. There are times when your stories seem less like they've been written so muh as they've been crafted, like beautiful objects. Bravo, as always!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
Wow, you sure love to bend, fold, spindle and mutilate our Billy. You shot and beaten and stabbed him. Have you bended or folded him cuz the stabbing and shooting work for the spindle and beaten works for mutilate.

Brothers *sigh* this show gave us such promise.
penless chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
You. Amaze. Me.

I don't think I can be any clearer.
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Need I have to say why I liked this so much?

Billy in peril, Billy wounded, possibly dying, Billy's "dying words" to Michael about how it's worth everything...*THUD!

I also love the focus on Michael in this, that an asset of his takes out his revenge on Billy and I LOVE the idea that the very nature of that act, specifically against Billy (though I know he'd do it for any of them, I'd like to believe Billy is especially personal for Michael) brings out a decidedly dangerous and violent side to Michael, a protectiveness that totally makes sense. I also love that he doesn't kill the asset. The Pollyanna in me likes to think he doesn't for Billy's sake, that Billy wouldn't want to be the reason that Michael would take such a violent act through his rage. I'm just all giggly about this fic!

Billy sees the movement. But as he's disarming the man of his gun, he misses the blade as it slides deep into his gut. At first, there's no pain, just pressure and shock as the man pulls him close to finish the job, hot breath on his neck.

"Tell Michael things change," he says, the words thick but clear, every one enunciated and perfected. "Though this time, it's entirely personal, I'm afraid. Still, he can have your body."

The blade is pulled free and hot blood wells, slipping down Billy's stomach as his breath catches and he gapes uselessly. The Olabode pulls away, still smiling, one hand gripping Billy so tight that he's sure there will be bruising.

"For whatever that is worth," he finishes and he lets Billy go.

And Billy's body goes weak, knees giving way. He hits his knees hard, the jolt bringing fresh pain. It burns up toward his head and his vision tunnels out. He looks down, sees the bloody spot on his stomach, covering his hands.

He blinks.

Then his body goes lax as he collapses the rest of the way to the floor.

Billy's eyelids flutter. He swallows and tries to speak, but he coughs instead. He chokes for a moment, tasting acid in his throat. His eyes water and his vision tunnels as everything starts to go numb.

Michael is watching him, face barely containing the worry. "Hang on, Billy," he says. "Just hang on."

Billy hears the order but it doesn't seem relevant. It's not why he's here.

The asset.

The message.

He sucks in again, finds his breath. "He left a…a message," Billy says, the words stuttered and choked as he starts to tremble.

Michael doesn't look away, even as his hands press down hard on Billy's stomach. Billy flinches, but he can't feel it, can't feel anything.

"Things change," Billy murmurs, because it seems important. The world is going gray and everything is heavy. "Personal…or not."

Michael's jaw locks and Billy feels himself fading. His ears ring and breathing becomes superfluous.

Still, he has to say it.

And Billy has no regrets when he closes his eyes.

-*SOBS! He's so heroic! I SO LOVE BILLY COLLINS! And I love that Billy finishes the asset's sentence, answering his "for whatever it's worth" with saying that it was worth everything. *swallows the lump in my throat.

He's not alone, though. In the dark, he hears Casey: "I don't care if you've got a stethoscope, I want to see a medical license or you're not going near him."

And Rick's there, too: "I don't understand. He can't die. He can't."

Above all else, though, Michael: "You won't die, Billy. You just won't."

Mostly Michael.

-SIGH! It's like hearing his friends, gives Billy the will to live, not that he doesn't already have a tremendous will to live already.