Reviews for Because I Care
GeneaLady chapter 4 . 5/14/2013
"I guess that I took your advice. I sort of, uh, - how did you put it? - let my parents be a part of the process. Grieving process. I, um, ended up, uh," he rolled his eyes and then his head. "Added some extra salt to my pasta." lol... That's exactly the way a teenage boy would put it. Too funny.
Hildegaarde chapter 28 . 1/24/2013
Hope you don't mind but I'm not good at reviewing so I'm going to do the whole story in one review rather than break it up into chapters.

I like the direction you've given this story, focusing on the responsibilities that a man (and woman) of God has in maintaining Godly relationships, and in that I feel you've stayed closer to the original movie than even the author who wrote the 'Courageous' novelization.
This is a little strange, considering that one of the things I strongly appreciated about the movie was that it stayed away from sending Dylan and Jade into a relationship, but I like what you've done with these two characters. There are not many authors out there who are willing to create/write about teenagers who are 'swimming upstream', going against what culture and the rest of society is doing, but you've boldly gone ahead and done it. Please accept my congratulations and my thanks!
I'm glad that the kids could look at David & Amanda's situation and learn from it. A smart cookie learns from his own mistakes, but an even smarter cookie learns from someone else's.

There were a few things that -I won't say annoyed me, because that isn't the right word- that didn't seem to quite fit with the story. The biggest one was the arsonist. Without turning the story into a whodunit or a Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys remake, I would have liked a little more information about who this guy was, why he targeted the houses he did, and why he left the Mitchell house without torching it. My teenage years weren't that long ago, and I know in Dylan and Jade's place I would have been asking my dad when he came home from work what he'd found out and what exactly was going on. It seemed like they shrugged their shoulders, "oh, my house is burned down, I have nothing but the clothes on my back, never mind, let's get on with this relationship."
Another thing was the way that Nathan and Adam reacted to their kids' relationship. It seemed like Nathan was constantly fretting, thinking about the things he didn't like about the situation, while Adam was sitting back almost as a passive spectator, far less involved in something that is going to potentially alter(add to) his family permanently.

On the whole I enjoyed this story, and I'm headed off to read more of your stories. I wish you all the best for your future writing!
ima jean reily chapter 28 . 1/17/2013
WOW! This is REALLY, REALLY good! :)
HannahbananaJane chapter 28 . 11/16/2012
I found a fireproof story you wrote and decided to read more of your writing. It's amazing!
If people only knew how good this story is! This story should be one of the top followed, favorited, and reviewed on Fanfiction!
Well, I'm off to go read more stories by you! (And especially more about Dylan/Jade!)
Ariyah chapter 28 . 9/18/2012
"Smart money management." That's funny.

Well, you know probably just about all my thoughts on this story, so... :-)

Ariel_of_Narnia
Jesusfreak17 chapter 26 . 9/2/2012
Great chapters! Please update again soon! :)
Jesusfreak17 chapter 20 . 8/24/2012