Reviews for Mission Zero
Summoner Luna chapter 4 . 10/13/2012
I don't even know where to begin with reviewing this because of how much I loved it, so I'll try and just hit my favorite points, in no particular order:

-How completely, sappy-sweet newlywed Squall and Rinoa are in this. And I'm tagging into that how lovestruck they are, but particularly Squall, since that doesn't always come out in writing. And the fact that they physically cannot get enough of each other, since really, that's pretty much what it's like.
-Zell making the letter-opener, and the idea for the letter opener in general. What a perfect gift for Squall.
-That in one story you incorporated their passion, their comfort with each other, and their bond, without any one element overshadowing the other, and without any of it feeling contrived.
-Squall being more open and willing to talk without losing sight of a lot of his inner demons. This is a balance I very rarely see, and you nailed it.

And really... All the rest of it. I liked the scene with Ellone as well, though I almost wish he had said something to Rinoa about it. I'm sure he does, but it would have been nice to see. I love Squall and Ellone's relationship, so that was nice to have in here.

This is just perfect, really and truly.
LaylaEvercrest chapter 4 . 8/27/2012
I was trying to guess what her gift would be but didnt guess it. Good call rinoa/writer. Love all the "steamy" scenes. You do those well! Go away plot bunnies! I want to read more!
LaylaEvercrest chapter 3 . 8/27/2012
LOL, poor Squall. Tries to do something nice for Rinoa but fails. I loved the little strip tease! HAHA
Emerald-Latias chapter 4 . 8/24/2012
After being waylaid by work and sickness, this was the perfect pick me up! Between all the great Squinoa interaction just building upon that connection of theirs (mind link or just in general) and the sad, touching moments presented by the flashbacks Elle presented Squall with in her valiant efforts to remove the stigma of his birthday, I just loved it. The latter elements are especially believable when you think about the canon - Squall would be the type to internalize the association with the last time Sis was around and the further disregard for his birthday stemming from Garden's lack of celebrating individual birthdays. I also loved seeing Squall's mindset slowly change for Rinoa to actually wanting a quiet birthday with her once he realized that his avoidance made no sense anymore.

All and all, it was a really well done and expertly-crafted story! Also can't wait to see what those plot bunnies of yours cook up. Hopefully not rabbit stew. (...Oh god that was a bad pun.)
Chel-esque chapter 4 . 8/24/2012
I loved this! Especially the part in the chapter before where the landlady mistakes Squall for giving her flowers. That part made me laugh so hard imagining his face. xD And the scene with Ellone showing Squall her memories of Raine? So epic and original, and I never would have imagined her dying the next day instead of Squall's birthday.

This is set after your other story, "On Angel's Wings", correct? Anyway, awesome job! :D
Shortie630 chapter 4 . 8/24/2012
I have not read a squinoa story in probably six years. So yesteday, as I randomly remembered it being the birthday of one of my favorite male Final Fantasy characters, I decided to read one. I had planned to re-read one of Ashbear's old stories, but as I was looking on her profile, I noticed the Where I Belong challenge. I just happened to come across your story in the forum and I'm glad I did. After being out of the Squinoa relationship loop for so long, I can say that I truly enjoyed your story and style of writing. Thank you for writing a story that made me want to fall in love with Squinoa's all over again.
Ao Sekai chapter 4 . 8/24/2012
So I see, having a bad memory on his birthday, Ellone finally clear things for him. i think he felt guilty about raine died giving birth for him. and um he, giving rinoa flowers on his birthday as if it's reversed and it's really sweet of him although he is shy on the umm singing happy birthday.
Bebedora chapter 4 . 8/24/2012
I loved this! The cookie was so cute, and Squall's willingness to open himself up, only to Rin, about celebrating brithdays...I liked how he wanted to share it with her, and only her.

And I'm glad we share a mutual hatred of carrots for Squall... :)

Fantastic, as everything you write always is...can't wait to read the AU! Oh, and Bells? Please? *hint hint*

Bebedora chapter 3 . 8/24/2012
You made me cry! That was a beautifully written chapter! I really don't have any other words, it literally left me speechless.

Hmmm...should I go play grocery store with the little dude or should I read the last chapter? I think the Cat in the Hat cartoon will keep his attention for a bit... :)

Bebedora chapter 2 . 8/24/2012
Great chapter! I really like the idea of the two using their linking ability in battle. It definately gives them an upper hand, when Squall isn't seeing double, of course!

I reaaly enjoyed Squall's "interrogation" of Rinoa, and how she was trying so hard nit to spill the beans. Very cute.

Off to read the next chappie now!

witheverytouch chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
I couldn't stop reading! Very well written and I enjoyed it very much :)
gleamfang chapter 4 . 8/23/2012
oooo AU fic! I'm looking forward to reading it!

I seriously like how Rinoa's letter opener instantly become 'oo DAGGER' in Squall's mind but hey, Letter openers have been used as lethal weapons before and to be honest, having a mini Lionheart as a letter opener? LIKE A BAUSE! hmmmm now where can I get one made for myself...

It truly was a perfect birthday for Squall and I'm glad that you really layered everything in very nicely in a 'but wait there's more' fashion kind of like an adaptation of his last birthday but I think, as Squall would agree, in a much more satisfactory fashion (Cookie cake FTW). Great now I'm hungry...

gleamfang chapter 3 . 8/23/2012
That was tooo damn funny. The land lady scene i mean...Oh gods...so many shiver inducing thoughts(not the good kind mind you)

I was really glad to see Ellone make a return in this scene and help to clear some of the darkness about Squall's life. In a way, it kind of helps his healing process and removes some of his darkness and misconceptions about life that made him want to distance himself from everybody.

I always feel sad about Raine though, picturing that scene of Raine holding baby Squall is kind of painful really but I'm glad you managed to explore it and show it to us!

gleamfang chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Dammit I can't seem to remember exactly which Story that cookie thing was included in...Was it "On Angel's Wings?" As I said before, I do so love Rinoa's thought processes here...a BIG cookie. (trolololol)

While this is markedly more lighthearted stuff, in no way at all is this any less enjoyable It's really funny, it reveals the characters' emotions, thoughts and runs perfectly parallel to how I think they would interact if given a chance to delve into it. I completely love it(as usual).

Bebedora chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
So sweet! Leave it to Squall to want to avoid his birthday. I do like that he eventually started to feel a little guilty about abandonning Rinoa once again in his birthday, and his way of rectifying it was to bring her on "official" business. Only a SeeD...

Can't wait for the update!