Reviews for Dragonfasting
Sardonic Irony chapter 7 . 4/8/2013
I liked how Merlin and Morgana when they got angry rocked the windows but again, I would say people just accepted Merlin's magic that bit too easily. Overall your plot so far is great, only thing I feel is missing is enough personal feeling about things that are life changing. Still, good fic :)
Sardonic Irony chapter 4 . 4/7/2013
It's perhaps a trivial complaint to make, and honestly, you may just wish to ignore me, but with this chapter it just felt too... easy. Arthur was almost too understanding and reasonable, and Merlin too honest. I think had Arthur found out about Merlin poisoning Morgana he would have been more angry that he was here. I undertsand that perhaps such a tame reaction was needed to move the plot onwards but still...
For the record, I'm still enjoying the fic, I just found that part a bit strange. Otherwise, it was great.
Sardonic Irony chapter 2 . 4/7/2013
And however much the later part of chapter 1 jarred, this worked so freaking well. Honestly, this was a genuinely well done evil Morgana, particualrly for someone who professes to disliking her. Honestly, for something thar could have fallen flat on its face this was great!
Sardonic Irony chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
I like the start. Honestly? I think the first part was better than the second, only because Merlin so suddenly developing that lonliness and sadness felt a bit jarring. It was still well-written but it didn't quite seem to fit Merlin of that time and place as easily as did his desire to simply sleep. Still, I liked it, and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the fic, but I know as a writer my favourite reviews are always the ones with one piece of constructive criticism. Overall, as I said, I liked it, well done.
holly chapter 15 . 4/1/2013
fantastic story i loved it, im about to check and see of you have written any others, well worth the time and effort thank you!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 15 . 3/16/2013
Excellent bit of work, to say the least.
If nothing else, I really appreciated your new take on Aithusa, far more than the canon version; considering that Merlin HATCHED her, it never really made sense to me why Aithusa would go to such lengths to help Morgana try and destroy Camelot, whereas the idea of her attempting to redeem what good she sees in Morgana definitely works, even if her naivety and Morgana’s ego cause a few problems.
The moment when Arthur and the knights learn about Merlin’s destiny is very well-handled- nice touch with Percival having learned the story of Emrys as a child to provide independent confirmation of Merlin’s story-, and your exploration for the reason for Morgana’s corruption works, ranging from his discovery of the spell to his efforts to release her from it, even if Aithusa’s assistance had unexpected consequences.
A bit ambiguous about your ideas regarding the level of awareness Morgana demonstrated regarding her past actions in the aftermath of the spell being broken- it might have been more interesting for her to remember some moments where she was acting like herself more clearly than others, exploring how she ‘rationalised’ her actions in the past compared to her present horror at her methods-, but you make for that with some very interesting scenes regarding magical combat, to say nothing of a very dramatic final clash with the awakening of the Niðhöggr (Just out of curiosity, where did you get the idea for that creature from?) and Mordred’s mad vendetta against the loss of his destiny…
All in all, a bit more detail in some areas might have made things better, but I can’t fault your central concept, and you generally had some excellent characterisation; keep up the good work!
violet-snowflake chapter 5 . 3/7/2013
i just wanted to tell you that your story is awesome!
WalkingStranger99 chapter 8 . 3/4/2013
HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA
WalkingStranger99 chapter 5 . 3/4/2013
Can not wait till someone tells Merlin's mother
Guest chapter 15 . 3/4/2013
This story was fantastic! You have some serious writing talent!
icarusLSU chapter 15 . 2/23/2013
I truly loved this story. I really enjoy the idea of Mergana kids talk about some strikingly beautiful children, wow! You did an amazing job on this story had me laughing out loud, crying for sadness and joy and anxious in different parts so thank you for the experiences. :-)
JessieDog chapter 1 . 2/17/2013
Ohhhhhh *sobs* so beautiful. I love that you explored the lonliness & melancholy Merlin feels. I know he is ecstatic that Arthur & Gwen have found each other, and there isn't a jot of jealousy there. but I beieve their happiness highlights his own alone-ness.
Well written!
fieldsoffebruary chapter 15 . 2/15/2013
I really enjoyed your story. :D Sometimes, the revelations parts were getting repetitive. But I'm a sucker for Mergana redemption fics so there. :))
Vicki219 chapter 15 . 1/19/2013
Fantastic story!
Holly chapter 15 . 1/15/2013
you have a real talent, that was amazing! i wish merlin had actually had a happy ending like that one! loved it!
270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »