Reviews for Iceland's Birthday Cake
AlbinoMuskrat chapter 3 . 1/9
Fun fact about this.

I just finished reading (and listening to the subsequent piece by Sibelius) the Finnish myth of Kullervo, which is extremely morbid and extremely hard to read. In the story, the boy, Kullervo, is taken from his parents. He shows magical powers at an extremely young age, which frightens his 'adoptive' parents and they decide to sell him into slavery. The only heirloom he owns from his childhood is a large knife, ala Finland.

Anyway, the wife of his master is extremely abusive. One day, she sends out a loaf of bread with rocks in it. When he tries to cut the loaf, his precious knife breaks. Furious, he turns the cows she's milking into bears, and they (quite graphically) eat her.

And that's why you don't mess with Finns and their knives.
Guest chapter 3 . 8/8/2014
Please continue! This is a great story!
Guest chapter 3 . 4/14/2014
Oh god I just want to hug Iceland! I'm sure that cake was delicious, if only those cowards would try a piece! When they all have extremely low levels of iron and weak jaws they'll be no running to him at ALL.

Heehee. This story was funny, but are you ever going to continue it? I liked it a lot. :)
ShrapnelGirl chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
Please continue! This is hilarious :Þ
DitzyBulgarianBrony-Koopanovic chapter 3 . 2/4/2013
Things got a little more dirty-mouthed, but still was funny. I especially liked Norway's axe.
I wonder what happens to Iceland next.
DitzyBulgarianBrony-Koopanovic chapter 2 . 2/4/2013
As a Serb, I find the whole 'Bosnia's missing hand' funny yet rather bitter. I hate my country for the war. :C

"Metal nuts." "Iron in the diet." XD I love love LOVE this FanFic. Humon should make a full length comic like this. Can't wait for Norway to eat the cake!
DitzyBulgarianBrony-Koopanovic chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Woah man, this is fantastic! I just found this, and I shall read on! This is downright hilarious!
Cocolada chapter 3 . 1/19/2013
Poor Iceland.../:

I'm so glad you updated this though I have been waiting for a long time
HelsinkiAngels chapter 3 . 1/16/2013
These reactions are perfect - I imagined these guys would, naturally, have to resort to some drastic and hilarious measures to face up to what Iceland had created, but you've got this down extremely well. The humor is outstanding, too!

Also, I want to copy Karalora: Poor Iceland. Nobody understands his drooling demon-baked insanity.
Karalora chapter 3 . 1/15/2013
Aw...poor Iceland.

This was definitely worth the wait! The humor seems like a departure from your usual style, though I'm not sure how to describe the difference. More subtle, maybe? Taking place more in the narrative than the dialogue? Something like that. It definitely works.

Tidbits I especially liked:

"You're not the boss of me anymore!" (I've sometimes been tempted to tell my boss at work "You're not the boss of me!" in jest, just to see his reaction.)

The "STD scare" line, which you had shared with me before.

Denmark claimed he "accidentally" had sex with the cake, which is just such a bizarre concept and is especially weird in conjunction with the above.

"Holy mackerel!" A perfect example of the subtlety in the humor in this chapter.

Don't keep us waiting so long next time!
CrystalSushi chapter 2 . 11/8/2012
Oh my Goddess, you HAVE to continue this; I almost died of laughter!
HelsinkiAngels chapter 2 . 9/13/2012
Is it wrong that this made me hungry for coffee cake?

I love the demon dynamic in this. Nothing is ever going to be as creepy-crawly as those little guys (not even a 'cake') and it's just plain fun to watch Iceland interact with them.
Karalora chapter 2 . 9/13/2012
I shouldn't have read this at work. I'm having trouble keeping the giggles quiet. You always do the most hilariously disturbing things with Iceland. Maybe the best part is how he goes from "What if they get sick?" to "Yay, death!" in a matter of minutes.

Also, I am forever going to think of that particular song parody as "The Museum-Stocking Song" now, thanks so very much.
OurLordDisco chapter 1 . 9/13/2012