Reviews for Brief But Beautiful
Dotty Harrison chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Lovely. I wanted to hate it for not ending on the beautiful relationship you built throughout the story, but it's all too true that some loves are brief and end without too much heartache and are beautiful at the same time. I can't wait to read more from you!
oxycodone chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
I think I might be in love with this story. Luna is one of my favorite characters and you have written her perfectly ! Everyone and everything is how I would imagine them to be and your writing is simply gorgeous :) Thank you so much for this beautiful fic, it was a joy to read :)
Palefur chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
Holy (insert word) that was long! I especially liked this half a sentences "then, bang, over, gone." See? It is quality not quantity mister 3B. I stand correct. Yet again just ask Dobbs for clarification. "She sees there face light up at such small delights" this is so true sometimes the smallest things make you the happiestperson in the world. That's why I like cookies... yup I'll shut up now. O.o Luna's house is pretty... very bright and cheerful like sunflowers. Did you do that on purpose? I love how at the ending you make them bith reappear at Ron and Hermione's wedding. -.- I never actually thought the proffesors at Hogwarts got married or had kids. Maybe I'm wrong or I'm losing my mind both are highly likely. I love the fact that you charcterized characters with flavors, like vanilla, mint, green tea, et cetera. I love this piece I really do.
DobbyLovesSocks chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Are you freaking serious.

Oh my god. This was beautiful. This was painful, and YOU ARE BRILLIANT.

[sunflower cupcakes that are as bright and sweet as the summer days themselves] Possibly the most vivid, gorgeous simile ever. That was just a perfect description, and... gah.

[...not with a girl. But when you've been through war and seen so many lives that never got the chance to know such happiness...well, you don't question things.] THAT LINE. That line was so perfect. It just goes to show that love is love, and after the war, they started to /appreciate/ that.

[She pulls the curtains so she doesn't see the tops of the trees with their changing leaves] I could've died there. The changing leaves... like they are the trees... That was so painfully amazing.

[But she knows that love is love and sometimes it's forever and sometimes it's just brief and beautiful.] TitlePerfect. This linePerfecter

This was /amazing/, Paula. Beautiful writing, and although it's not a pairing I read much of, I absolutely loved this. Fantastic job.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Gaaah, this is just... perfect. There are no other words for it. It is just astoundingly beautiful and I just adore it. It is a pairing I have never read before, but I must say that I am intrigued. I love the beauty of it and the way you have just captured something so flawlessly haunting. Absolutely incredible. Please, never, ever stop writing.
don't.diss.the.puff chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
Wow! I've never really been a Hannah/Luna shipper, but you wrote it really well and it seemed almost poetic. Great job!
kci47 chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Ah, I love the randomness of the pairing and thought you wove the 'yellow' into the story really well. Brilliantly done!
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
This was stunning. The writing is just so beautiful and all the images are amazing. I love how they fell in love soon after the battle and everything feels surreal, but they're there for each other and comfort each other and make each other so happy in the short time they're together. Hannah's thoughts about how she knows it can't last forever were really interesting, and I like that their goodbye was sad, but not heartbreaking because they know it's their time to separate. And I liked the hopeful ending with Neville. Thanks for entering!
weasleyjumper chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
The pictures! And the beauty! It's so wonderful! Wow! Wow! Wow! Very well done! I love this pairing thanks to this, it's so ... pretty!
owluvr chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
*sigh* How do you manage to write everything so perfectly? I don't ship Luna/Hannah, and now probably for the rest of my life I'll consider this canon because it's just so perfect. Why do you do these things to me? I can't read anymore of your stories now. But I will. And you know how I feel about your last lines. Gah, stop making your stories so perfect! It's not fair.
And ha! You made this story work for three challenges! I must be rubbing off on you.
Thanks for entering and good luck in the competition!
the lola chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
This was fantastic - breathtaking. Something about it, the way your words just fall together so perfectly but it doesn't seem vocabulary heavy. It was such a light story, for such a heavy topic which I really really liked. I loved your ending, where they're both happy and Hannah realises there is something more for her, yet they hold the hints of each other within themselves. It was a really lovely story, so thank you for entering my competition :)
FlashFiction chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
This was so beautiful! I'm usually not one for non-canon pairings but this was so convincing that it could have been canon. Your language and writing style is just a pleasure to read. So many stories always end with people breaking up and being sad (*looks guiltily away*) but I love how you've shown that people actually can move on and love again.
Eilish chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
That was beautiful... Stunning.

Thank you for writing this story, it has made my day.
hasfihasifgaoifg chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Oh, Paula. Wow. This was so beautiful and heartbreaking and gorgeous that I just want everything about this to be real because then the world would be amazing and just-
I feel like my reviews suck in comparison to yours. You just render me speechless so I can't think of anything clever to say save for 'wow' and 'avjkdfasfdasglk.' Everything about this was spectacular; the imagery, the speech, the way that you made me want TO CRY AND CRY AND CRY. GAH. TOO MANY FEELS.
I just want to take these words and to eat them. EAT THEM I SAY.
dayflow chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
oh this was lovely! i was wondering how they were going to breakup and you played it nicely, like a slow, inevitable fall.