Reviews for Awakening of a Sorcerer
qwertypous chapter 4 . 5/15
wow! i loved this chapter! i loved it when you explain things and you make it more believable.. and i'm curios how the hell a englishman like you know too much about my country (philippines) about those beings. and i loved it when you make them a magical beings.. haha
Traveler301 chapter 24 . 4/29
Great story. Loved every word of it. I've read very few stories in my 72 years on this earth that have simply screamed "READ ME!" This story would not leave me alone until I had finished every word you've written on it so far. Authors with this kind of style, imagination, and wit are few and far between. So far, this is the only story of yours that I've read. As time permits I hope to read others. I also hope that you finish it someday.

Great job and well done,
Ron Pate
Traveler301
fraewyn chapter 24 . 4/24
Awwww, well, I hope to see you return one day, this is great!
bad liar
Kyoya chapter 24 . 4/11
Hey, I really love your fanfic, being quite frantic I've to say you have a very imaginative way of develop the plot in comparative with the JK Rowlings books, but it's amazing. I really hope you could continue it in the future, I'll be checking if you update.
Serpentine13 chapter 17 . 4/8
"Sigh" I am seriously considering dropping this story right now. An artificial intelligence capable of using magic? A robot using magic? There is a limit to how much crap I can take and while I guess the benefits of such an idea are interesting, Harry does not need it. He's a fucking genius, oh sorry he just works really hard... not really, he just needs to retain everything he sees and learns; he's already more powerful than many adult witches and wizards as a soon-to-be mage; he holds a lordship in the wizarding world, practically royalty not to mention rich as fuck; he's a freaking sorcerer (with an entirely different type of power), no lights, movements, or incantations here, good luck duelling him along with all his other powers; he's a goddamn shape-shifter, can be whatever (slightly limited) or whoever he chooses to be at any time (forget battles you'll never find the bastard anyway); he's "unicorn blessed", meaning he has nothing to fear from magical animals, please no; he can converse with and presumably command serpents (if not dragons to boot); he has a PERFECT memory, meaning his head is an organized library, no he IS practically as good as a self-programming computer; but no, really, lets make it so he can build magic wielding machines, maybe he'll make an army for himself? Fuck all, let's do it. Challenge? Pffffft what's that? All this power and he's not the least bit mean? Christ on a stick. He's far beyond superior to every one else, he should act like it. He's also ELEVEN years old. Children are mean, or at least selfish. He might be mature for age, but that doesn't mean he isn't immune to the mental effects of beginning puberty and shit. Tom Riddle is a great example of a mature kid with a lot of power and all the failings of a selfish, fearful child.

I'm done raging. I'm done getting further and further disappointed in this story. It had some decent potential, but it's gone now. Probably never to be finished anyway. Go ahead, call me an asshole. I probably am, but I'm tired of reading unbelievable fanfics in which the main character is made so stupidly over-powered, yet for some reason feels the need to hide this fact or be all pathetically humble saying "I'm not a prodigy, I'm just a hard worker..." no your right, you're not a prodigy. I think we're just teensy bit past that point. Maybe? Yeah. Good day sir.
Serpentine13 chapter 15 . 4/8
Please have Harry kill Vernon. In a sneaky manner, of course. Ridding oneself of such an obstruction in one's life shouldn't be considered "evil", by any means. Simply a logical necessity. I don't know how I feel about all the forgiveness. Disgusted at first, but I guess it would make sense to turn an enemy into an ally. However, I really hate mushy scenes, especially ones like this where a victim such as Harry all of a sudden has the power to seek justice and reap vengeance. Yet he somehow instead finds it in his "tender, loving" heart to forgive his abusers? Bullshit. This dissatisfies me in the extreme.
Serpentine13 chapter 14 . 4/8
Sooooo does this mean he can't be attacked by werewolves unless they're forced to? I honestly think the sorcery, the Parseltongue, and the eidetic memory he's been gifted with was quite enough, the shape-shifting and powerful, shadow traveling canine were pushing it. Please resist adding any more blessings or highly questionable abilities to your already unbeatable protagonist, otherwise this story will go from being good to being ridiculous and irritating. Also, why in the Hell did he succumb to Neville's obvious and pathetic guilt tripping act? Harry is dropping in levels of coolness, awesomeness, and respectable to being easy, farcicle, and a cliche hero. Heroes die.
Serpentine13 chapter 13 . 4/8
That is such a "Sirius" thing to do, set up an account for a secret allowance for his godson haha. Great idea!
Serpentine13 chapter 6 . 4/8
If I wasn't so much of a fan of Dark!Harry your story would be in my top 10 favorites for certain. It still might be, I like that he's powerful, independent, inquisitive, ruthless, cunning, and intelligent. However, he doesn't have the hidden hate or anger, the want for cruel vengeance, and a morbid creativity (the third is yet to be seen) that I can relate to on a personal level. Fantastic story though.
Serpentine13 chapter 3 . 4/8
Great chapter! Intriguing information you shared. The creation of a hierarchy for magical potential was cool, though I'm not sure how I feel about Harry being the only sorcerer in a thousand years since he'll be on Dumbledore and Voldemort's level as a mage in a matter of time. His eidetic memory will make up for the difference in experience between him and them. I hope Harry doesn't become too open with his friends, since I personally prefer a coldly aloof and solitary Harry Potter, but that's just me. I'm curious if the Dark Arts are their own branch of magic, a collection of forbidden branches, or a mix of transfiguration, potions, charms, and maybe arithmancy (since I don't really understand the workings of it beyond it's purpose for crafting spells)? If it is its own branch or a collection of other branches, then I'm disappointed slightly that Harry has no affinity for them, though I'm hopeful he'll still learn some and utilize them (Fiendfyre's crazy cool, but not much use beyond causing destruction and terror, testing the caster's willpower, or creating Ashwinders). I am glad Harry's shape-shifting ability is limited to his connection to the animals he wishes to become, because while Super!Harry is a cool idea, it seldom works well in a story that I've noticed due to being so powerful that the challenges Harry is presented with tend to be pathetic and the plot soon becomes boring.
Serpentine13 chapter 2 . 4/8
I kind of wish Harry was a little more malicious towards the Dursleys. I know I wouldn't be content with simply ignoring each others' presences, I'd savor their fear every now and then. Then again, I suppose he does that through the open display of his sorcery. Sorry, I'm a Dark!Harry fan. The selfless, kind, and heroic Harry Potter just seems unbelievable to me considering his upbringing, that and I have a bit of a fascination with villains and snakes so Voldemort was a priceless work of imagination to me.
Serpentine13 chapter 1 . 4/8
Aside from some grammatical errors I really enjoyed this beginning. I'm curious if Voldemort is also a Sorcerer by your definition? I'm assuming a Sorcerer is defined by their feats of magic without the aid of a wand, which would make Voldemort and Dumbledore Sorcerers, yes? I realize you haven't updated in quite some time, but I'll be reviewing as if you were going to read them anyway in case you do eventually "pick up the pen" again. Hopefully you will, because this story seems to be pretty decent.
finish this one love it
Lamreal chapter 20 . 4/6
Hi there, almost finished catching up with this awesome story, just wondering tho... have you stopped? been awhile since an update...
1,742 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »