Reviews for Heart of the Guardian
Katzura chapter 31 . 2/3

just let me say that your story had me absolutely hooked. I adore it. Your characters are really believable and your style is easy to follow. Thank you very much for this.

Take care

excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 2/1
Yes, Harry would feel right at home with the cleaning to do; and finding out that a father is allowed to offer reasonable discipline related to what he actually does, instead of the abuse of the Dursleys or the license given the boy by Dumbledore.

All settled over some French onion soup!
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 2/1
Oh, my yes, he used to word 'son'. I expect that got through to Harry, and would if Harry were on Mars.

I'm glad Severus is going back to the Burrow, though; he needs to be around people who want to help him when he has his own breakdowns.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 2/1
The having drinks with the dead scene is poignant; and would be more so if Snape had actually had a close relationship with any of the three that we know of.

By the way, I am surprised that Draco hasn't managed to visit Snape yet. Yes, he's busy, but couldn't he find time for his former Head of House?

I always thought the Occlumency lessons were the first time that Snape knew about the Dursleys and that's how the Order learned about the Dursleys, too. But would like to point out that Snape was undoubtedly not the only Order member to witness the abuse, and they didn't do anything either, including Albus, who sent Harry back there after admitting he knew about it in fifth year.

But Aberforth is right. Harry thinks of Snape as his dad now, and it's really obvious that Snape treats him like a son.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 2/1
Oh, yes, Harry wants to stay there. He is safe and loved there, things he has always needed.

That is also a good discussion about potions; I can only imagine the kind of *intent* Harry could bring if he learns Snape's flying spell, heh.

And I think Snape is doing much better at helping and protecting Harry than Albus ever did.

But why should Harry have to leave the school? He never had his seventh year, he never sat his NEWTs, and I can't imagine the Quidditch team that would reject him. This is Harry's chance to have a 'normal' year, like he never has said.

The same can be said for Snape.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 2/1
Oh, how lovely! Harry does care for Snape, in the best ways possible; and is finally able to trust him enough to agree to the access spell.

I like how Harry takes the trouble to make the right tea for Snape, as well, when the poor man is finally sick enough to stay in bed.

And I really like the scene where they return the Elder Wand to Dumbledore.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 2/1
Oh, dear. Severus is going through a lot, and offering up his soul for Harry-but Harry is having a hard time accepting it (just like Snape is having a hard time accepting that people seem to *like* him and that Order of Merlin). Neither one can trust anything good to happen, alas.

But Snape needs some Dreamless Sleep himself, or he'll starting making mistakes in the lab.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 2/1
It seems that Snape has inducted himself into the Feed Harry Club (president Molly Weasley) without quite knowing it. A pity that nobody seems to be that worried about him, though Bill does notice his withdrawal.

And Fred, Lupin, and Tonks are gone-but so are others, like Charity Burbage, that I think Snape would mourn more than those three. Or any of the Slytherins ejected from the castle into the battle whether they were ready or not.

But Potter is *his Harry* all right.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 2/1
Good chapter. Yes, Sirius was in Azkaban for something he didn't do; but given his attempted murder by werewolf and his treatment of an unconscious Snape in PoA, I can't feel that sorry for him.

And Fred helped Montague acquire permanent brain damage and helped test new pranks on first years.

But it's true that students always think of teachers as ancient (even though Harry had seen that Snape and Lily and the Marauders were the same age).
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 2/1
Yes, Aberforth is right about Snape taking on too much guilt.

And I still wish there was a Slytherin name or two in the graveyard, but probably not in this story.

By the way, Lupin *did* let a dangerous criminal into Hogwarts (and I bet the Fat Lady, who was stabbed, still resents it). But let us whitewash all the dead and gone; it's not like anyone will ever care what Snape suffered from them.

Snape needed this catharsis, though Harry did just as much.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 2/1
Whatever Harry went through, Snape went through it worse-no friends but Lily, and then not ever her, an administration that turned a blind eye to attempted murder-

With all this destruction, he's perilously close to destroying himself as well. I suspect that only looking after Potter has kept it from him so far.

But if someone doesn't look at *Snape* fairly soon, Harry will have to shift for himself.

Which of course he won't have to-Harry has loyal friends. Snape? Not so much.

Dumbledore's portrait deserved everything it got an then some. Trying to play the guilt card one last time was the straw that broke the camel's back.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 1/31
Ah! But they should really find Voldemort's wand, since some DE or DE wannabe is going to want it to worship or to try to carry out what he or she thinks Voldie would want. And then destroy it.

What does Snape want?

For himself, I mean. Does he know how to want anything to himself? Did he ever?
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 1/31
It's nice the crowd is good to Snape and not spitting at him; but then, the presence of the Boy Who Won undoubtedly helps with that (sorry, cynical here).

And Voldie was wrong about the Elder Wand all along. But naturally, remembering Snake-Face condemn him to death is going to make Snape going all flash-backy again.

I'm so glad that Harry has someone to pour out his troubles too (what a pity nobody else of the staff can be bothered, but that's true in canon, too).
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 1/31
I am surprised that Snape doesn't realized the jolly little Marauders used the Map to catch him alone, so they could have their fun and Lily wouldn't believe him.

And of course it's always all his fault that Lily dumped him for a rich, handsome pureblood (she was good at making people feel she was the only right one; makes a person sympathize with Petunia).

I am also surprised that Snape didn't recognize what was happening to Harry early on when he saw it; I always thought it was him that notified the Order of what the Dursleys were up to after the Occlumency lessons in the fifth book. And what were the other members watching Privet Drive doing?

But of course it's always only Snape's fault (and never Dumbledore's for leaving him there in the first place).

Ok, Snape has rescued Harry Potter, yet again. Here's hoping the kid finally says thank you, as he failed to do every other time Snape rescued Harry.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 1/31
I'm surprised Poppy hasn't hit him with a Stupefy and dragged him off to the Hospital Wing for a physical examination and a few nights lying in the infirmary, getting him to eat again. And I think it's sad that he doesn't mourn any of the Slytherins buried there. I hope this isn't one of the Snape-Potter fics where all the Slytherins (except possibly for Draco) disappear.

I also found it difficult to believe that Snape would get rid of all the books at his former home. He strikes me as the 'cold, dead fingers' kind of bookowner; even if he had to Scourgify the lot to get the smell of Peter off them, I don't see him dumping them all.

And as usual, nobody is really helping him that much. Yeah, they're friendly *now*-but how can he trust that they won't turn on him in a moment for some other reason? But as ever he'll end mentoring and taking care of Harry, because nobody else can be bothered, and nobody will take care of him.

I see Snape as having severe PTSD, severe anorexia and nightmares and such, and certainly he will have trust issues. After all, has there been anyone in his life who didn't betray him, even if they pretended to treat him all right?

And it's still sad he doesn't think about his Slytherins-even with Sluggy there, a lot of the Snakes will turn to him anyway, because dear old Sluggy does whatever he's told, and if that means ignoring the needs of his house, well, he's shown he can do that already.
290 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »