Reviews for Heart of the Guardian
Ravenspy chapter 3 . 12/24/2016
I wish I could write like you. Your style is just so beautiful, with all of the polysindeton and repetition for emphasis. And the story itself... I loved how you characterized Snape, it was very well done. The opening scene was one of my favorites; it was so simple and yet so dramatic. I loved how you got in Severus and Harry's head. Thank you for giving me the happy ending I wanted. I would recommend this story to anyone.
EspirituDelMar chapter 31 . 12/19/2016
Oh my god, this story... It was lovely. Really, really lovely, I love Father!Snape/Son!Harry fics, and this was THE BEST I'VE EVER READ. So beautiful... :')
Zalia chapter 31 . 10/6/2016
Lovely! Thank-you for seeing it through to the end!
Jlbrew85 chapter 31 . 9/17/2016
Absolutely lovely! An exceptionally well written and well done story. I loved it!
quafflechaser23359 chapter 31 . 9/17/2016
I loved your story! (Read it twice through) How about a sequel?(:
Guest chapter 31 . 9/16/2016
It touch me, it had me crying about the last few chapters about how bittersweet it was
KKM chapter 31 . 9/3/2016
I really love this story. There are several times where I litterally cried because of how beautifully emotional everything was. There are times when you captured their depression, worry, grief, love, and eventual happiness so strongly I juat couldn't help myself. I loved how you included the 54 and how Fred, Remus, and Tonks were never forgotten and how Snape also went to Harry's parents tombstones with him. Very powerfull. I do think people forget how young they were when they died. Children indeed. Def one of the best Snape/Harry family stroiea I've read.
EbonyWing chapter 31 . 8/22/2016
What an amazing story! It's a rather different take on the "what if Snape survived" angle and I really, *really* like it!
You're a very talented writer-I was so hooked on this story as soon as I started the first chapter. Very well done! ;)

I love what you've done with the characters; Snape's visits and coversations at Remus' grave were wonderful-I loved those moments when Remus appeared and gave him advice.

Also, Snape's interactions with others and how he slowly came to forgive himself or at least let go of the past was very believable. I especially love the Severus-Aberforth friendship! This story is going into my favourites and will be re-read and recommended many times!

Brilliant stuff! ;)
Faith-Kiamn chapter 31 . 8/2/2016
I love this. I love this, I love this. Not only because a post-war Severus-Harry adoption fic solves the whole Snape-dies-in-the-war problem, but because it shows such different facets of their characters in the context of the adoption.

It's so easy to think that once Harry reaches adulthood, he no longer needs a father. And that's convenient, because in canon, he doesn't have one. . . or anyone, really, other than Arthur, to fulfill that role. In canon, Harry steps into the role of father - or godfather - himself, and the assumption is that he's ready for that. But why would he be? He's 17, and for all his willingness to sacrifice himself for the wizarding world, he survives that and is left dealing with the aftermath. Who wouldn't need guidance and protection and support and reassurance after that? Harry deserves a father. . . he's deserved one his whole life, of course, but especially so after the war.

And the way he reaches for Snape in this? And the way in which Snape reaches for him as a son? Through grief and guilt toward safety and fierce, selfless love - it's so beautifully depicted. The characterization strikes true at every moment - and not just for Harry and Snape. Ginny's practicality and humor, Arthur's warmth and grief, Ron's protectiveness, Aberforth's blunt wisdom, Neville's self-possession, even the ghosts of Lupin, Tonks, and Fred: you bring all of the surrounding characters to vivid life, and considering how much Harry and Severus need those people, that's no small thing.

This is a wonderful fic! I'm so glad I found it. Thank you so, so much for writing it.
Guest chapter 22 . 7/16/2016
you do a very good job describing the feelings, just, personally, i feel so wasted that harry ends fighting as auror, he could be anything, travel, and make new friends, i love when fanfiction allows him other options.
joshsmom1983 chapter 15 . 7/2/2016
If you still want another name for this chapter I think the phrase from the third paragraph "the burden of survival" or "loss, regret and guilt" might work.
Krialke chapter 11 . 6/20/2016
To whoever wrote this, I applaud. This is really insightful and touching and I really enjoyed it. Not overdone, just as perfect as it could have been. Great job, I congratulate you.
ashleywong0609 chapter 31 . 6/4/2016
Severus "Alan" Snape. Am I thinking too much or are you really doing this on purpose?
Yuu101cutie chapter 31 . 4/2/2016
Okay I love this story. I do not know if there is a sequel or not. If there isn't can you please do one. I would love to see the craziness that occurs throughout the year. What happens? How long does Snape survive and so forth.
If they have a philosopher stone would that increase Sev chances of serviving longer?
I also want to see how much Harry is actually able to do when he puts his mind to it.
Keep up the amazing work :3
WriterJace chapter 31 . 2/9/2016
This story was fun to read, and I would give anything to be in that potions lesson you described in the last chapter!
324 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »