Reviews for Heart of the Guardian
MsMuffetsTuffet chapter 31 . 6/4/2015
Brilliant. Utterly brilliant. I will have to amend my first review to say that this is THE best story I have read in a great while! I will now have to read this again and again! Bravo!
MsMuffetsTuffet chapter 15 . 6/3/2015
I think the title is exactly what it should be for this chapter. Harry sharing his memories with Snape of what it was like to speak with his parents and Sirius and Lupin before going to Voldemort and then his "death". Excellent story so far! I love all of the interactions with all of the characters. Fantastic!
MsMuffetsTuffet chapter 6 . 6/2/2015
It is 4:00 am and I must give a quick review NOW before sleep claims me! This is simply one of the BEST stories I have read in a great while. The characters are spot on and Snape being alive and rescued is one of the things that I wish would have happened. I love, love, love this fantastically written piece of masterful work! Can't wait to finish!

A big SQUEEEEEE for my favorite character - Severus Snape!
Mary Sparks chapter 31 . 2/19/2015
I swear to God - the best story EVER! Intense, truthful, deep and clutching ones heart and simply...wonderful. Awww! I finished reading...my world collapsed.. I wish that the storyline continues, please consider writing a sequel... That was a pure pleasure, chapeau-bas wandcrafter, THANK YOU for that unforgettable experience :-)
Mary Sparks chapter 10 . 2/17/2015
Found it! Finally the story describing my wishes about how it all should ending! Thank you soooo much for creating this masterpiece!
I've just finished 9th chapter and happy to see that there's more ahead:-) I love how Snapes moral struggles are described, how Harry cares for him and how Hogwarts regains her magnitude.. I definitely live in this world too, thanks to YOU!
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 2/12/2015
It's nice that they visit Fred's grave, but aren't there any Slytherins who died in the battle that the professor misses, too? It's nice that Harry and Severus are so close, but it's sad that Slytherin apparently doesn't exist in this story, except to be disdained. Snape's totally Gryffindor now, and the world will be a poorer place.
Honor chapter 31 . 2/11/2015
For a story with a happy ending, not unreasonably angsty or dark, it really should not have made me go through half a box of tissues, but it did. Congratulations on writing well enough to elicit a sincere emotional response.
Katzura chapter 31 . 2/3/2015
Hello,

just let me say that your story had me absolutely hooked. I adore it. Your characters are really believable and your style is easy to follow. Thank you very much for this.

Take care

Katzura
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 2/1/2015
Yes, Harry would feel right at home with the cleaning to do; and finding out that a father is allowed to offer reasonable discipline related to what he actually does, instead of the abuse of the Dursleys or the license given the boy by Dumbledore.

All settled over some French onion soup!
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 2/1/2015
Oh, my yes, he used to word 'son'. I expect that got through to Harry, and would if Harry were on Mars.

I'm glad Severus is going back to the Burrow, though; he needs to be around people who want to help him when he has his own breakdowns.
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 2/1/2015
The having drinks with the dead scene is poignant; and would be more so if Snape had actually had a close relationship with any of the three that we know of.

By the way, I am surprised that Draco hasn't managed to visit Snape yet. Yes, he's busy, but couldn't he find time for his former Head of House?

I always thought the Occlumency lessons were the first time that Snape knew about the Dursleys and that's how the Order learned about the Dursleys, too. But would like to point out that Snape was undoubtedly not the only Order member to witness the abuse, and they didn't do anything either, including Albus, who sent Harry back there after admitting he knew about it in fifth year.

But Aberforth is right. Harry thinks of Snape as his dad now, and it's really obvious that Snape treats him like a son.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 2/1/2015
Oh, yes, Harry wants to stay there. He is safe and loved there, things he has always needed.

That is also a good discussion about potions; I can only imagine the kind of *intent* Harry could bring if he learns Snape's flying spell, heh.

And I think Snape is doing much better at helping and protecting Harry than Albus ever did.

But why should Harry have to leave the school? He never had his seventh year, he never sat his NEWTs, and I can't imagine the Quidditch team that would reject him. This is Harry's chance to have a 'normal' year, like he never has said.

The same can be said for Snape.
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 2/1/2015
Oh, how lovely! Harry does care for Snape, in the best ways possible; and is finally able to trust him enough to agree to the access spell.

I like how Harry takes the trouble to make the right tea for Snape, as well, when the poor man is finally sick enough to stay in bed.

And I really like the scene where they return the Elder Wand to Dumbledore.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 2/1/2015
Oh, dear. Severus is going through a lot, and offering up his soul for Harry-but Harry is having a hard time accepting it (just like Snape is having a hard time accepting that people seem to *like* him and that Order of Merlin). Neither one can trust anything good to happen, alas.

But Snape needs some Dreamless Sleep himself, or he'll starting making mistakes in the lab.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 2/1/2015
It seems that Snape has inducted himself into the Feed Harry Club (president Molly Weasley) without quite knowing it. A pity that nobody seems to be that worried about him, though Bill does notice his withdrawal.

And Fred, Lupin, and Tonks are gone-but so are others, like Charity Burbage, that I think Snape would mourn more than those three. Or any of the Slytherins ejected from the castle into the battle whether they were ready or not.

But Potter is *his Harry* all right.
312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »