Reviews for Heart of the Guardian
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 2/1/2015
Oh, how lovely! Harry does care for Snape, in the best ways possible; and is finally able to trust him enough to agree to the access spell.

I like how Harry takes the trouble to make the right tea for Snape, as well, when the poor man is finally sick enough to stay in bed.

And I really like the scene where they return the Elder Wand to Dumbledore.
excessivelyperky chapter 18 . 2/1/2015
Oh, dear. Severus is going through a lot, and offering up his soul for Harry-but Harry is having a hard time accepting it (just like Snape is having a hard time accepting that people seem to *like* him and that Order of Merlin). Neither one can trust anything good to happen, alas.

But Snape needs some Dreamless Sleep himself, or he'll starting making mistakes in the lab.
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 2/1/2015
It seems that Snape has inducted himself into the Feed Harry Club (president Molly Weasley) without quite knowing it. A pity that nobody seems to be that worried about him, though Bill does notice his withdrawal.

And Fred, Lupin, and Tonks are gone-but so are others, like Charity Burbage, that I think Snape would mourn more than those three. Or any of the Slytherins ejected from the castle into the battle whether they were ready or not.

But Potter is *his Harry* all right.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 2/1/2015
Good chapter. Yes, Sirius was in Azkaban for something he didn't do; but given his attempted murder by werewolf and his treatment of an unconscious Snape in PoA, I can't feel that sorry for him.

And Fred helped Montague acquire permanent brain damage and helped test new pranks on first years.

But it's true that students always think of teachers as ancient (even though Harry had seen that Snape and Lily and the Marauders were the same age).
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 2/1/2015
Yes, Aberforth is right about Snape taking on too much guilt.

And I still wish there was a Slytherin name or two in the graveyard, but probably not in this story.

By the way, Lupin *did* let a dangerous criminal into Hogwarts (and I bet the Fat Lady, who was stabbed, still resents it). But let us whitewash all the dead and gone; it's not like anyone will ever care what Snape suffered from them.

Snape needed this catharsis, though Harry did just as much.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 2/1/2015
Whatever Harry went through, Snape went through it worse-no friends but Lily, and then not ever her, an administration that turned a blind eye to attempted murder-

With all this destruction, he's perilously close to destroying himself as well. I suspect that only looking after Potter has kept it from him so far.

But if someone doesn't look at *Snape* fairly soon, Harry will have to shift for himself.

Which of course he won't have to-Harry has loyal friends. Snape? Not so much.

Dumbledore's portrait deserved everything it got an then some. Trying to play the guilt card one last time was the straw that broke the camel's back.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 1/31/2015
Ah! But they should really find Voldemort's wand, since some DE or DE wannabe is going to want it to worship or to try to carry out what he or she thinks Voldie would want. And then destroy it.

What does Snape want?

For himself, I mean. Does he know how to want anything to himself? Did he ever?
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 1/31/2015
It's nice the crowd is good to Snape and not spitting at him; but then, the presence of the Boy Who Won undoubtedly helps with that (sorry, cynical here).

And Voldie was wrong about the Elder Wand all along. But naturally, remembering Snake-Face condemn him to death is going to make Snape going all flash-backy again.

I'm so glad that Harry has someone to pour out his troubles too (what a pity nobody else of the staff can be bothered, but that's true in canon, too).
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 1/31/2015
I am surprised that Snape doesn't realized the jolly little Marauders used the Map to catch him alone, so they could have their fun and Lily wouldn't believe him.

And of course it's always all his fault that Lily dumped him for a rich, handsome pureblood (she was good at making people feel she was the only right one; makes a person sympathize with Petunia).

I am also surprised that Snape didn't recognize what was happening to Harry early on when he saw it; I always thought it was him that notified the Order of what the Dursleys were up to after the Occlumency lessons in the fifth book. And what were the other members watching Privet Drive doing?

But of course it's always only Snape's fault (and never Dumbledore's for leaving him there in the first place).

Ok, Snape has rescued Harry Potter, yet again. Here's hoping the kid finally says thank you, as he failed to do every other time Snape rescued Harry.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 1/31/2015
I'm surprised Poppy hasn't hit him with a Stupefy and dragged him off to the Hospital Wing for a physical examination and a few nights lying in the infirmary, getting him to eat again. And I think it's sad that he doesn't mourn any of the Slytherins buried there. I hope this isn't one of the Snape-Potter fics where all the Slytherins (except possibly for Draco) disappear.

I also found it difficult to believe that Snape would get rid of all the books at his former home. He strikes me as the 'cold, dead fingers' kind of bookowner; even if he had to Scourgify the lot to get the smell of Peter off them, I don't see him dumping them all.

And as usual, nobody is really helping him that much. Yeah, they're friendly *now*-but how can he trust that they won't turn on him in a moment for some other reason? But as ever he'll end mentoring and taking care of Harry, because nobody else can be bothered, and nobody will take care of him.

I see Snape as having severe PTSD, severe anorexia and nightmares and such, and certainly he will have trust issues. After all, has there been anyone in his life who didn't betray him, even if they pretended to treat him all right?

And it's still sad he doesn't think about his Slytherins-even with Sluggy there, a lot of the Snakes will turn to him anyway, because dear old Sluggy does whatever he's told, and if that means ignoring the needs of his house, well, he's shown he can do that already.
excessivelyperky chapter 9 . 1/22/2015
And yet, Snape will make a better head of Gryffindor than Minerva did. He'll do his best to squash bullying, he won't take 'well, the victim was a Slytherin/Hufflepuff/Ravenclaw' as an excuse as we all know happened in canon, and he'll keep far better track of his students than Minerva ever bothered to (let's face it, she was a bit laissez-faire, yes?).

But please, let's not have the "sometimes we Sort too soon" routine' - Snape will make a better House Head *because* he's a Slytherin.
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 1/22/2015
Oh, dear. What Snape doesn't realize is that boy is far safer with him, or would have been, than with Dumbledore pulling the strings. If he was Albus's handpuppet, then he was just one among many, and most would have happy had they known.

But he's blaming himself, as he always does.
excessivelyperky chapter 7 . 1/22/2015
Yes, in the tangle of Horcruxes and Hallows, Snape isn't the only one who is lost. But this is a tangle that Harry can sort for him.
excessivelyperky chapter 6 . 1/22/2015
Nice work with the tea-only affirms that Harry can brew properly if he really wants to.

Snape isn't the only one with nightmares.

And Harry is not the first, nor the last, to wonder about Albus and the Greater Good. But at least he is realizing how both he, and Snape, have been used.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 1/22/2015
Excellent, as usual. I'm glad someone is worrying about the Slytherin students; and it's too bad that none of them have come to visit. If they were allowed to, that is.

But having to take up the reins and finding out the count of the dead would be bad enough (and how embarrassed he was, I expect, when Poppy yelled at Arthur saying Snape was too weak to manage).

Still, he's beginning to think like a Headmaster again.
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »