Reviews for Kouki
Awsaya chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
I usually tend to review only when I'm really loving a story, and I definitely am very excited about this one. Jin is also my favorite character, and so I was absolutely thrilled to come across this beginning jewel you have here :)

First of all, I was absolutely engrossed with your summary from the start. I mean, a woman (Fuu, I'm hoping and assuming) that makes him, not only a better fighter, but also a better man? Sounds kind of like true samurai love to me.

Your portrayal of the characters is so rich, from the already familiar Jin and Mugen to the historical characters of Jin's family memories. Jin may be quiet and stoic but he is very interesting, very mysterious. That's why I was so thrilled by your take on his past and his familial background. I even loved the way you wrote the division between Jin's lives. Even him receiving his name and, especially, the notorious glasses. It was subtly sentimental and even adorably funny that the specs were too big for him at the time.

Let me also say that I do appreciate the research you obviously did. Your descriptions of feudal-era Japan are alive, intriguing, and accurately depicted as far as I know according to my own studies.

The slight irony that Mugen is the first to get married is hilarious, by the way. And now I'm curious as to how the wedding will go and how Fuu will make her entrance.

As a reader that has been enthralled with both your writing and the beginnings of what looks to be a very promising story, I'm hoping that you will update soon or, realistically, whenever that flighty thing called "inspiration" rears its elusive head again.

Please, do update soon keep up the great work :)
Mary Lou chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
This is nicely done. Your explanation of Jin's background is just as tangible as anyone else's. Works very well. I admit to being surprised that Mugen was getting married, but not that he was drunk and passed out.
Zaryin chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I really like this! Will there be more..? Please?