Reviews for The Last Son, Book Four: Destinies
This is a great story and I hope you update it again soon because I would like you to bring the character of shield agent Phil Coulson into the story because in my opinion I think he would make a great asset.
Also I would like to see a chapter where Clark goes into the future (30th Century) and meets the Legion of Super-Heroes or they come to the past to help with Apocalypse or some other terrible thing.
Also since Chapter 10 Upon The Misty Moors where now dealing with magic I would like to see John Constantine come and lend a hand and join the Justice League and be the Head of there New Magic Division.
Also Since Lex Luthor is now turning semi-evil can you bring Mercy Graves on as his bodyguard/assistant and also since in the Comics Lex is now with the League you could have him defect from Cadmus to the League.
Also could we have more chapters with batman, green arrow and ironman in it because maybe they could merge there companies and they could help a whole lot of people.
Also could you bring in Ra's al Ghul his three children Dusan, Talia and Nysssa al Ghul and there League of Shadows.
Also could you bring A.R.G.U.S. as a rival for Shield.
Also could you bring on more Branches of the League
Also could you bring on Ted Kord (Blue Beetle) and K.O.R.D. Industries.
Also could you bring on S.T.A.R. Labs and in the universe you have created Virgil Swann own it and his daughter Patricia Swann run the company for him.
CainVulsore chapter 10 . 5/1
So, I know it's been a while sense you updated the story but I just have to say it is without a doubt one of my favorite stories I've read on this site. The detail you put into it along with the characterization and actual story in of its self is fantastic. I can't wait to see what you do with it next and how things play out. Although if we are getting a bit of a boosted gold then I hope we'll see a certain sky colored beetle in there too.
bluemarvel0 chapter 10 . 4/14
Nice to see Superman trying to do the best he can after the whole thing with Darkseid. He may still have a ways to go, but he's getting their as is Kara and Aly. I also like that Captain Marvel(Shazam) is going to make his debut sometime in the future. keep up the good work.
Guardian of Azarath chapter 10 . 3/29
Ok, first off, sorry it took me so long to read this, got distracted by other fics :P

Now on to the review:

This chapter was awesome, like they all pretty much are. When clark spotted the Kryptonian text on that mosiac, I thought the city was Kryptonian, but apparently not. Shame it didn't survive, but at least they got the library.

Loved the fight scene between Kal, Nur and Merlin. There aren't many things that'll set Kal off, but threatening or hurting Alison is a guaranteed way to get him ready to kill. Somehow, I think Nur is gonna push him over the edge like that again, and next time, there won't be any frightened bystanders there to snap him out of it right at the last second, either that, or Kal throws him into the Phantom Zone.

Though it looks like Kal isn't exactly over what happened to him, and now Kara's suffering too, poor girl. At least Scott and Alex's brother is making some progress, though I imagine it'll be a bit of a shock to him when he finds out who they are.

The little scene with Kitty, Amanada, Tinya and Mark was pretty nice, a nice little 'break' from the madness, so to speak.

So, Excalibur is the only weapon, at least forged on earth, that can hurt or even have a chance of killing Nur, the only other thing I can think of that could do either, would be the Sword of El, but i'll be surprised if Kal uses that again.

Although Legion is still a bastard, at least he got his ass kicked. And Merlin's brother is Shazam huh? Interesting...I have a feeling that's who we'll be seeing next.
OMAC001 chapter 10 . 3/22
Looks like Captain Marvel will soon make an appearance! Hope to see it soon!
Finmonster chapter 10 . 3/20
Hey great chapter! Was great to see Excalibur again and to touch upon the Gabriel storyline. Also nice to see Apocalypse as the villain again. Your use of Merlin was great and I loved the backstory you created. Excited to see you hinting at Shazam coming in soon and my guess from your preview is that Booster Gold will make an appearance next chapter. Can't wait! Keep up the good work!
Agent Reptile chapter 10 . 3/15
Finally had a chance to really read this and to appreciate the update. Hope your training went well and look forward to your next update where we likely will see Booster Gold.
Fox McCloude chapter 10 . 3/11
You know, when I read the description of Superman's new costume I couldn't help but think of Superman X from the Legion of Superheroes animated series (which by the way I actually liked, the design was pretty cool). Am I right?

Anyway, this was a great chapter, the wait was definitely worth it. It was good to see someone actually hurting Apocalypse, if only a little just to show that he's not as invincible as he makes himself to be, and I was surprised that you inserted Merlin into the story, didn't see that coming. With that last scene, I can safely asume we'll be seeing of Captain Marvel/Shazam in a near future. I hope he's not the last hero you plan to add further into this story.

Nothing else to say, except, keep up the good work.
syed chapter 10 . 3/8
I forget have they encountered the savage land yet. I think some survivors of that ancient civilisation ended up there as well so some kryptonian artifacts are there. They might even need to seach atlantis and the other under sea outposts. If the books were network, i wonder if they could also learn and update over the centuries.
I wonder if shazam has another piece of the device.
How big a group are the friendly magic users, i can see them forming their own magical group. those magic secrets would allow them to build a magical school i am hoping.

i guess we will see booster gold, blue beetle and the suicide squad? I am clueless about the new threat.
bee14ish chapter 10 . 3/8
Nice chapter, man. And aww yeah, it's about time Shazam was introduced; we could use someone with enough power to beat Superman. Keep it up! And don't be too long with the next update!
Pyeknu chapter 10 . 3/6
*smirks* Finally . . .!
animelovercamcam chapter 10 . 3/5
I must say this is one of my favorite fanfics out there! You can focus on more than one character or character ark at a time (which some professionals can't do) and you don't stoop to harem fics just because and you are so good at describing its like a comic book and truly please continue writing!
Araytigre chapter 10 . 3/2
Exit Merlin and Nemue, enter Billy Batson, aka Shazam! Fotrunately they were able to save the Library, now, aside of translating it, Kal needs to figure out where the other Crystal is. That, and also figure out the rest of the message at the Museum, and when it was made (besides the why). At least Kal realizes that He also needs support just as much as those he supports, when in need, therein lays true healing. Thank You. TTFN
Circus Child chapter 10 . 3/2
Good. God.

Welcome back dude. I had forgotten how loud, ambitious and creative you could be in your chapters. This was a nice surprise to start my weekend off on a Saturday morning and I needed some time to process this incredible chapter and here’s a review on a Monday.

Once again, you show off your talents for creative storytelling in tying the origins of Merlin, Apocalypse, Atlantis and Shazam together that goes back several thousand years. It’s truly magnificent and there are very few writers on capable of such a feat and you could rival several writers in the comic book industry with plots like this.

But there’s still one part of the origins that was left untold and it goes deeper than Apocalypse, Merlin, Atlantis and Shazam. That’s Darkseid’s role in how he put all those installations on Earth. I would wager that has something to do with the old mosaic with the old Kryptonese characters on it that told our heroes to never let somebody conquer Earth. I would wager there was a huge battle between Darkseid and a group of Kryptonians in the very beginning of Earth’s infancy and Darkseid was beaten back thanks to the yellow sun powering the Kryptonians. The answer to this question is probably in the mysterious nano-crystal and/or the Atlan database but I doubt they were able to record such an event.

If Darkseid built and left that many strongholds on Earth, then Earth has to have a role in his ultimate plan to remake the universe in his own image. He also probably indirectly had a hand in Apocalypse’s origins too given that Apocalypse can use the strongholds and its technology too. It’s shaping up for a big confrontation between Apocalypse and Darkseid and that’s sure to be a big fight that will be no holds barred. I can’t wait to see such a matchup taking place.

Apocalypse and Darkseid is awesome enough in this story but what would really round out the threats in this book is Thanos being added to the mix. A mixture of a threat between those three would be great to read, especially if they teamed up after sorting out their differences after a fight or something like that. We all still would like to see conflict between those three and we still want to see that but a team up later would be just awesome.

A team up of Apocalypse, Darkseid and Thanos would require more than the Kryptonians, Sentrius and the Six Superdreadnoughts to defeat them. It would take the participation of the entire Meta-human community on Earth, the Confederacy, The Green Lantern Corps and every able bodied space faring military in existence including Krypton’s old friends.

It’s only fitting that Captain Britain gets to use Excalibur. King Arthur, Merlin and the Round table is a story that’s as British as it gets and such a weapon being supplied to him is only possible in a universe like yours.

I wonder what the reaction will be from Arthur’s family back in Atlantis with his new hand and new powers. It will probably play up very well with Namor how Arthur will finally have a power to rival the more powerful members of the League and be able to provide better protection to Atlantis.

I get the feeling that Wanda’s new gauntlets are not from Earth and they are not good news. I will wager they came from Raven’s home world, Azarath or something like that.

Superman’s new suit sounds like a mixture of the Man of Steel and Injustice suits. I particularly don’t like the idea of gloves but given they have a new cool toy in there that’s like Wolverine’s gimmick, I can dig it. The shield is a nice touch as well as Superman may be invulnerable but others around him may not be and he needs to protect them from incoming fire and that was a needed upgrade.

Amanda’s relationship troubles with Kurt reminded me that we haven’t checked up the other couples in this story in a while. I think it’s safe to classify Clark and Alison as the only Omega couple as they are super powered Kryptonians with access to technology and strongholds that would make almost all worlds more developed and powerful than Earth in the universe nervous as hell, therefore they’re going to get the most attention. Kara and Lar Gand could be the Alpha couple if they do get together like I feel they will and they both share the same superpowers but it remains to be seen if Lar can access and make use of Kryptonian technology. The beta couples are Scott and Jean, Mystique and J’onn, Logan and Madelyn, and so on. The gamma couples are Kitty and Lance, Anita and Rasputin, Kurt and Amanda, Wanda and Todd.

Did I see that Sinister say that he has plans for infiltrating or even outright attacking the Fortress of Solitude? I wonder what he has up his sleeve to infiltrate it. Could it be through a spy seeking to upload a virus or some new technological measure from Darkseid’s strongholds to outright attack it? I get the feeling that this will be used as a justification to bring Fort Rozz, The Supreme Headquarters of the Kryptonian Defence Force, back from the dead and online ready to replace the Fortress.

If Sinister and Apocalypse are successful at infiltrating or even attacking the Fortress, how could it stand up to off world threats going from class four societies all the way to class six in Darkseid and Apokolips? I hope that would convince Superman, Power Girl and Supergirl that it’s time to replace the Fortress to something on the level of Fort Rozz in order to withstand threats from Apocalypse and from beyond Earth as well and still have a Kryptonian installation on Earth. You know I’ve wanted this. Don’t tease me lol.

I liked the moment where the Kryptonians finally had a moment to get together and reflect on what’s happened since this book started, they found out the truth about Krypton’s death and meeting Darkseid and his terroristic and evil regime. It’s a lot to process for them. Kal-El, despite being a representative of his people that the Council of Twelve would be proud of, never really knew Krypton. Kal-El spent his very brief infancy there and that was it for him before he arrived on Earth. Kara grew up on Krypton and had solid, entrenched memories of a life there and it was only a year ago before that she was with Jor-El, Lara, her parents and even Saer-El, that she felt a natural love and was safe. Now she has to grow up into adulthood in an environment that’s foreign to her despite the generous yellow sun without her family. That’s quite a load for a teenage girl to handle.

There was a time in Book Three where it was just the three of them for Kal-El, Alia Ka-Lir, Kara Zor-El and the Fortress of Solitude on Earth and they were only worried about threats on Earth that they had a good handle on and little to no contact with the rest of the Universe. But it’s entirely different lives they live now in Book Four as not only are they in command of the Sentrius Battlesation, the greatest technological achievement in Kryptonian history, they must take great care of it and use it wisely in their endeavors and protect it from people who would misuse it. They also have to act as Krypton’s last remaining survivors and representatives to the universe and that’s quite a legacy to handle.

They are also facing terrible and formidable threats from beyond Earth’s solar system that only Kryptonian might and intelligence could hope to defeat. They have people looking to them for help and solutions. They literally have the tasks of being benevolent gods that are charged with protecting Earth, their home, and the universe wherever possible. It’s quite a challenge for three very young people in their early 20s that just several short years ago were living very ordinary lives respectively.

All in all, this was a great chapter to read and one of the most plot revealing and advancing since chapter 7’s rescue of Superman from Darkseid. You explained a lot about the origins of several key components of Book Four and are on the verge of introducing another in Shazam. I can’t wait to see where this goes and thank you for continuing this story. It would've been a tragedy to leave this incomplete when it has so much potential.

If you’re delivering quality material like this to us, we are more than willing to be patient to see the next gold mine of a chapter you have to offer us. Given that you say that you’re back on schedule, a new chapter in May would be ideal but I wouldn't be surprised if it’s a July release for Chapter 11. I can’t wait and see you around dude. Good Luck and happy writing.
cra0422 chapter 10 . 3/1
First of all, I want to give a huge welcome back to my favorite fanfiction author. I’ve said it before, if this is what you’re giving us in your stories, then take your time in writing. Now, on to the review.

I like how you gave some focus on Excalibur in this chapter. We hadn’t seen much of them outside of the Kree-Skrull invasion and then finding out that Siryn, Black Canary and Banshee have the same sperm donor (lol). I like how you had Brian get a boost here, it’s only fitting that Captain Britain wields the sword of King Arthur. You did a good job of blending the origins of Merlin, the origins of Atlantis, with Apocalypse and his origins. I think I know who we’re going to be seeing in the future, and it’s going to be a real “Marvel”. Last thing, I’m glad to see Arthur get his hand upgraded. I’m sure it’ll go over really well with his family and people

It must be difficult for someone like Apocalypse to experience something like fear. It seems he’s not as invincible as he likes to believe. I wonder if his army realizes what they’ve gotten themselves into. Considering how he left them to die for being weak, I wonder how many are having second thoughts about joining him, or were they being controlled by Legion the entire time. Speaking of Legion, I was surprised his mother acknowledged he had a hand in him joining Nur, but then she was his only source of information on Xavier. I hate to say it, but in David’s case, they may have to put down a rabid dog. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

I can’t really say I’m surprised that the Kryptonian group really needed a family moment at the end here. Clark’s getting better from his time on Apokolips but you don’t go through something like that and come out unscathed. By the way, kudos to Allison for redesigning his outfit. No matter how inspiring he tries to be, you can’t ignore that it looked like he had his underwear on the outside of his pants. Given what’s she’s experienced in the past year, is it any wonder Kara had a breakdown here. One last thing relating to Kara, on why Lar was more nervous talking to her than when he told off his father, well Kara’s a lot prettier than his father.

Again I want to say take your time in your writing. I know life can often interfere with it. Considering what you’ve been giving us, I’m more than willing to be patient for updates.