Reviews for What The Water Gave Me
ziggy.uk chapter 3 . 3/1
Awesome fic, glad I found it. So in tune with that time in canon with the boys relationship and a really well thought out story with some great limpSam! Loved how Rex and Will mirrored Dean and Sam and the ending was perfect.
An awesome read and a definite fave
Frakking Toasters chapter 3 . 1/31
That was really great. But Dean still got off easy by not saying out loud to a fully conscious Sam, all those wonderful things that he came to realise about himself and the situation whilst Sam was at death's door. I mean, not EVERYTHING that has gone wrong in the world is Sam's fault. Just like Sam's relapse wasn't the Doctor's fault (shoulda read that paper Dean!) Alas... at least he had the realisation at all. It IS Dean after all, so baby steps I guess lol!
Anyway, I really did love it. I think that Power Ranger will become one of Sam's most prized possessions. xo
mara-isamoose chapter 3 . 9/30/2013
I can't form coherent thoughts, let alone try typing complete sentences. Just know that I am spouting inhuman noises and flailing around a lot.
Cruelest Sea chapter 3 . 2/18/2013
I loved this story! Wonderfully done' (:
MysteryMadchen chapter 3 . 2/12/2013
Loved the story and loved the limp Sam. I can't WAIT to see what your blizzard story entails, hopefully some good old fashioned injured Sam. Maybe some permanent injuries? But with all his beautiful body parts still intact? As for your comment about season 8 I'm right there with you. I did NOT like how they portrayed Sam, with him not even looking for Dean or at the very least making it clear that Sam thought Dean was dead and that just kinda was the last blow for him. Instead they portray selfish Sam again, which just irks me to no end. Furthermore, Sam was always the one that gave the benefit of the doubt to the "not quite humans" they dealt with but all of a sudden he's dumped the prophet and hate Benny? I think that was poor judgement on the writers part there. But like you the last two episodes have installed a little bit of the old time goodness that I missed and was lacking. I LOVED in the last episode how Dean referred to Sam as "little brother" something he hasn't done in a very long time. I also liked that they limped Sam a little in the episode, but I am STILL annoyed that out of all the character's, save Benny, Sam's the only one that has not been hospitalized. Ruby was in a hospital bed, Dean countless times, John, Bobby, even Cas but not Sam. The closest we got was last season when they had him strapped to a gurney but even-though Jensen was directing the episode and was supposed to be in it less, he ended up in a hospital bed in a gown, while Sam was still clothed and on a gurney the whole. At least they could have gowned him for me, but no. :( I loved your story and am bummed that it's already over but I can't wait for whatever you come up with next. Whelp it is now waaaay past my bedtime, 11:22pm here in Oregon and I gotta go to bed, but hopefully I'll dream of the guys and it will beeee sweat dreams from there. Have a wonderful rest of your week, Nicole. :)
MysteryMadchen chapter 2 . 2/12/2013
Ok so Loved this chapter too and at first I was thinking WTH Sam? Why are you being such an ass and then you explained it later on, Sam wanted to die and it didn't happen he had reached a place that was indicative of suicide and when he woke up he was just pissed! I like that idea and hope you keep going with it, it'd be great if the story went on for a while more. Now as to what I think is going on with Sam right now, I'm going to say secondary drowning? I hope there's some permanent inflection's to come and that there may even be a sequel, thanks bunches, Nicole. :)
MysteryMadchen chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
Well I got one thing to say, whoever designed that pool should be shot. Not a good idea to put a suction drain in the baby pool. Now I loved the fact that Sam gave his life for the little boy and I can't wait to see what comes from his sacrifice but I'm hoping that Sam doesn't get brain damage in the form of mental retardation. All the other effects I'm totally up for but hoping that Sam is still Sam at the end. Hope for some good old Sam limping to come. I wish I would have been up for the challenge. The more Sam based, especially Limp/blind/deaf/sick/injured Sam stories the better in my opinion. I think he could be soo more utilzed in the series but I'm a Sam girl so what can I say? Thanks for the great story and although I should be heading off to bed I just gotta read some more so I know what's going on. Nicole. :)
anon chapter 3 . 2/12/2013
So good
rozzy07 chapter 3 . 2/12/2013
Loved that you posted this heartfelt final chapter. It surely was a rollecoaster of a ride with Sam seemingly so close to deaths door so many times. Loved also a reflective Dean pondering on all the mistakes made, not just Sam's, but his own to. And just like you I have found recent episodes in S8 a warm reminder of what the show should be about - those two brothers and the bond they share.
Supervillegirl chapter 3 . 2/12/2013
I know what you mean. I was starting to get a little disappointed by where the show was going. It seemed to be losing its spirit. But, the Winchesters always pull through just in time.
scootersmom chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
Such a great story. I'm glad the boys worked things out. It was such a nice touch when Willy gave the action figure to Sam.
Sparkiebunny chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
Wonderful wrap-up to a great fic! Well done! :)
hotshow chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
I just found your stories and have finished reading this one. I thought it was great. I'm looking forward to reading your other stories. Thank you.
deanssammy chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
Oh i love the last chapter and specially the end. I couls so imagine it.
sarah chapter 3 . 2/11/2013
this was awesome
loved every little bit of it