Reviews for A Lot To Live Up To
SkyHighFan chapter 16 . 9/6/2013
Nice but why would Noel be dead before Gaeta? Adama had him tied up not executed. He only had Gaeta and Zarek executed and everyone else imprisoned.
SkyHighFan chapter 4 . 9/5/2013
Nice but Galactica fixed her FTL and jumped away before Pegasus' suicide run. Also some of the ships from New Caprica should've been there already as at least most jumped before Galactica did. The only one that really shouldn't have been there yet was Colonial One as that was the last ship to leave. I would've liked to see the battle from Dee's perspective though given that we got to see very little of it from Pegasus' perspective.
UConnHusky90 chapter 16 . 12/15/2012
I just finished this and, once again, you have a way of making me cry. The ending was both sad and uplifting at the same time as we get to see Dee finally at peace after such tumult and hardship (I know, I know...it IS Battlestar Galactica, so that's a given).

As Gaeta is your favorite character, Dualla was mine. (But then Uhura is mine on the "classic" Star Trek, so go figure...) She was the perfect excellent choice as she would be privy to much of what goes on in CIC but not to the many closed-door meetings between the Fleet's leadership. (In the beginning of the show, I thought she and Billy were so cute together. I liked her pairing with Lee, too - even though most of the scenes that led up to their romance were left on the proverbial cutting room floor). When she realized she was Lee's second choice was heartrending, as the slow and painful estrangement of the Adamas.

I love how you've fleshed out these characters so much from what we saw on the show. I never saw Hoshi as much of a badass or malcontent, but your interpretation of him and his attitude toward Dee in the early chapters was masterful. (If you should ever consider it, I would love to see this narrative continued from his POV and see the arrival of the Fleet at Earth (2.0) under the command of Admiral Hoshi.) I really enjoyed seeing his relationships with ex Narcho (of which small snippets were seen in "Those Who Lift Each Other") and Gaeta. (BTW, Gaeta comes out as a much more sympathetic and likable character here than when he's Kurt's foil in TWLEO!)

Even more enjoyable was the gradually evolving camaradarie that formed between the four principals as they went from strangers and adversaries to a de facto family/support group. The most perfect example of this was when the four of them gathered in the officers' rack with Louis in Felix's arms and and Dee in Narcho's to muse on what they would find on Earth. (Shame two of them never made it there.)

As with TWLEO, you have a knack for protraying the BSG universe that is head and shoulders above any of the other fics I've read.
munchie19 chapter 16 . 11/13/2012
confession, i have never watched a single episode of BSG but reading your work i didn't have to. the characters come alive, the ship comes alive and everything else is just reachable with a few clicks of the keyboard. I know the televised storytelling didn't go like this but your version did much justice to a character that had no voice. I love the relationship that she shared with the men in her life and her trials were heartbreaking at times.

michelle-fan chapter 16 . 10/26/2012
I LOVE THIS STORY! :) Absoulutely amazing and wounderful! :) I hope you will write more Stories about Dee in the future! :) I love your writing :D
Ryan Chessman aka Crys chapter 16 . 10/22/2012
Again with the view of the series from a different perspective.

And again it was excellently written.

That last chapter was depressing, but it was supposed to be.

Thank you for writing it. Thank you for sharing it.
tangielove chapter 16 . 9/21/2012
Great story! Dee is one of my favorite characters, its great to read a well written story where she is the main character. I hope you continue writing...
Dearland chapter 16 . 9/15/2012
This is by far one of the best stories I've have read. I felt some many emotions, from joy to sadness to anger and to hope. To feel so much from a story centred on Dualla (an often overlooked character) was just marvelous.
chyron girl chapter 16 . 9/9/2012
This is a great story. I'm not the hugest fan of Dee, but you really hooked me. This really worked in the realm of what other things could have been happening while the main plot lines were taking place. Good work.
michelle-fan chapter 10 . 9/3/2012
I LOVE this story :) It so good and well written :) I check everyday to see if you have updated the story :) The updates make my day :D I can't wait to see what will happen next :D This is one of my favourite stories :D
prettyfits chapter 9 . 9/3/2012
Great story, I check up everyday for your update.
michelle-fan chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I LOVE this story :D It's very good and exciting :) I am so glad that I found a story focusing on Dee :D There aren't so many Dee fanfics on this site :) Dee is one of my favourite characters in the serie so I am so happy and excited that you are writing about her :) I love the way you write :D you are a very good writer :) The chapters are very long and interesing which I love :) I haven't had the time to read all of the chapters but I will :D I can't wait :) I hope you will countinue to write this :) Looking forward to read more :D