Reviews for My Nephew Harry 2: The Hogwarts Years
Mikee chapter 2 . 9/9/2012
Too bad Harry and Neville didn't get a chance to actually meet. Oh well ... I do hope they become friends at school, if not sooner.
Mikee chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
I'm glad you're continuing the story.

Moving on to chapter two now.

thank you.
Dethryl chapter 2 . 9/6/2012
I absolutely love the way you write Aunt Marge. Please show us lots more of her if you can.
Fanfic Allergy chapter 2 . 9/6/2012
Interesting story, I am liking Aunt Marge and the dynamics of Remus and Snape here. Keep it up!
Sailor Pandabear chapter 2 . 9/1/2012
dianaanne chapter 2 . 9/1/2012
Very glad you are continuing this ... I like this Marge very much. Choked with laughter at the "comptetition" for Harry's attention by Remus and Severus.
Badbonita chapter 2 . 9/1/2012
I guess harry does understand Snape. It should be interesting to see how the upcoming train ride goes cause I certainly don't see Severus not telling Harry to get on platform 9 3/4. Or perhaps, Remus will take Harry to the train.
Anyway, good so far. It should be interesting to see how Marge 's 'there-has-to-be-a-logical-reason-behind-what-Harry-can-do' will impact how Harry views Hogwarts, Dumbledore and the others.
karthik9 chapter 2 . 9/1/2012
it is excellent chapter i look forward to future updates.
Harriverse chapter 2 . 8/31/2012
So Harry is going to try to apply science to magic in order to make his Aunt M. proud. Goody.

I can see Mrs. Longbottom despising Snape because he was a Death Eater; like those that harmed her son. I'm hoping since you mentioned Harry meeting Neville, he will play an important part of this fic. Let's see what a scientific Harry can do with Neville at his side!
Harriverse chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
You do know how to stir the pot, don't you?
Lynabelle chapter 2 . 8/30/2012
Interesting. I like how Snape and Harry's relationship is
RatherFabulous chapter 2 . 8/29/2012
I'm enjoying your story. In canon, Marge was an over-the-top beast. Okay, the books were, at times, VERY broadly drawn (Rowling seemed to waffle between "children's book" and adult-ish fiction, but T. H. White's "The Once and Future King" did it beautifully), but in real life, there are often people with two perfectly valid viewpoints, neither of whom has the least desire to understand the other and every motivation to villify the other. In retelling a tale, the narrator will apply their "spin". Viewpoint matters.

In this story, Marge is a disciplined person, a rather stern-but-fair person who has been lied to and that makes all the difference. (And of course, she's NOT an overweight one, ah, biases. I know a person who is VERY MUCH like your Marge, bright, honest, an awarded talented-and-gifted teacher. She has lost 125 lbs. - because she's disciplined, BUT - she put it ON in the first place. They are not mutually exclusive.)

I don't think that THIS Marge would have been quite so horrible to Harry as the one from canon. She seems a reasonable sort, so it's a parallel universe and I'm fine with that.
I really like her habit of applying her intellectual drive, willingness to learn and discipline to Harry's world. (When Harry introduces Hermione to his aunt, those two will get along like a grassfire - as I can also see this Marge being censorious of Ron's laziness.)

I can also see this Marge wanting to learn all she can of this new world. I can't begin to imagine how much of a furor she might raise if her intellectual curiosity results in some sort of breakthrough as to the nature of magic itself. Assuredly, there will be factions who will wish to suppress such a thing.

Marge had never borne a child or had responsibility for one when she chose to walk this path, to care for this child. He will now be leaving her for most of the year. How will this affect her? I have some ideas, but that's a personal call. Now we will see how much is duty and how much is Marge WANTING a child? From personal experience, I can say that you can think you're FINE, you are HAPPY that a child is moving on, but at moments it can unexpectedly ambush you and, just a little bit, break your heart.
disneypenguin chapter 2 . 8/29/2012
I just finished your first story and I loved it, so naturally I came right over to read this one. The only thing I have to say is IT'S TOO SHORT. Keep up the good work.
Beccaccebecca chapter 2 . 8/29/2012
I really am enjoying your second story. I read the first one a while ago and am glad to see that you have a sequel. Can't wait to read more!
AB Feta chapter 2 . 8/28/2012