Reviews for Avatar: Legend of Katara
This is really lovely. I see it has occasionally taken you 11 months between chapters, so I'm hoping you haven't given up on this yet.
fun fact: "Agni" is the hindu god of fire. and he is the fire nation'sgod.
pm me at anonof5puns to relly
kataangfan1999 chapter 16 . 8/9
Next chapter!
Sean Mulligan chapter 1 . 7/14
This is a great story. Please update it soon.
asiastana chapter 16 . 2/27
I am so glad this story exists. It is beyond interesting! Can't wait for more!
katara chapter 16 . 2/16
silverspigot chapter 16 . 12/24/2014
Firstly, I'd like to say that I've been looking for a story like this for like a week, but I've only found ones that didn't include Aang in any way. So finding your story was something of a lucky break for me lol

I've been really enjoying the story so far. I'm enjoying reading your author's notes almost as much as the story itself. And about the relationship between Aang and Katara, I'm so glad you haven't just forced romance because it would be so weird and unnatural at this point in their timeline. Keep up the good work :)
Kali chapter 16 . 12/23/2014
Just wanted to tell you that I'm really enjoying this story, and the careful way you've chosen to explore the concept of Katara as the avatar. It feels really fresh and original, and the writing is solid. Just something that struck me, since Aang is able to interact with the physical world, couldn't he use writing to communicate with the others?
TaangPhan chapter 16 . 12/21/2014
More! More! More! Outstanding writing! I've arrived late to this party, but I'm so glad I finally arrived! This whole fanfic 'thing' is something that I've just recently started exploring. My handle tells my interest, and I don't even remember how I started reading this story, but you've got me hook, line and sinker. I hope and pray that you are still working on this project. I so appreciate the effort that you've put into this story with all of the research of the cultural details and such. I've tinkered at a few different Taang inspired stories, non of which I feel are ready to see the light of day. I might be a story teller, but you are a gifted writer and I love your work. I look forward to the next installment. I have only seen the original series. I started watching them with my son a few years back and bought the series on disc. I've not seen any of the Korra series and based on the reviews and comments I keep coming across, I'm not sure I want to. I know for certain though that I want to see more of your wonderful story. Best wishes to you and your family.
theb3arjew chapter 16 . 12/1/2014
Hey, if you need a new beta, I could help you out.
thedoctor11th chapter 16 . 12/1/2014
cant wait for the next chapter
eragon5443 chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
WhiteAsukalover chapter 10 . 11/19/2014
Whoa, hello tongue-lashing!
WhiteAsukalover chapter 9 . 11/19/2014
Oh boy, not good.
Canada Cowboy chapter 16 . 11/13/2014
Wow, so glad to see this story being updated again. Doing 8 drafts cannot be fun, but I'm so happy everything worked out. And give yourself some credit, because things are unraveling in this story.

First, the discussion between Sokka and Ursa is very interesting, especially when you brought in the Kya factor. Sokka misses his mother a lot, and imagines Katara in that role. Ursa, on the other hand, lost her own children when she was exiled. Having them find comfort in each other is an interesting twist, which forces Sokka to re-evaluate his views on the Fire Nation. I think this may go a long way when we reach Book 3, where Sokka and Zuko become BFF's and start cooperating with each other.

Next, Katara pushing herself and Aang telling her to take a breather seems to be the exact parallel (or opposite, pending your POV) to the show. In Book 1 of the show, Aang can't seem to grasp the idea that he has a duty to the world until halfway through, while Katara is already stressed out in this chapter. Of course, there are things in play in your story that aren't in play in the show, such as the life of the last air bender, but I think it's an interesting take nonetheless. I feel like this can only strengthen the Kataang relationship, which is always a good thing.

I think overall you're doing okay, but I really wonder what direction you will take it. We already have some hints as to what the Spirit World looks like, and there's definitely something regarding the Fire Nation threat. I still hope Katara and Aang get in touch with some spirits before they hit the North Pole, just so they better appreciate what being the bridge between worlds is like. We used the example with Hei Bai before, so maybe you can throw something in here along those lines. If you have regular internet access now, let me know and I'll do what I can to contribute to your ideas.

Very well done, and good to see you back. Best of luck for the next chapter and stay in touch!