Reviews for Avatar: Legend of Katara
Daziy is SoniQ chapter 1 . 3/19
Please tell me this will still be continued
This is amazing story, hope you can update soon! I couldn't help but read all the chapters through in one go! Too bad I'm really curious how Aang's second chance at life would actually work but it's so far in the story...I love it how much you do justice to the characters, like Ursa!
bookygurl3400 chapter 11 . 2/23
So... Lan Fan, eh? I would recommend watching or reading Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's a manga (if read, but if watched it's an anime), but Lan Fan, old man Fu, and Ling are to die for, even though they're minor characters. Maybe especially because they're minor characters... What ever. So many Easter Eggs (intentional or not); you're amazing! It's so hard to find good AU FICS these days - most are self insert, there's-an-OC-but-it-doesn't-change-a-thing, or really, really, REALLY sucky grammar. Even if they have a good plot, most fics are ruined by writing so terrible you can't tell what the author meant. This went on longer than I expected, but fics like these are a treasure. Please, don't ever give up! Have a great day!
Guest chapter 17 . 12/24/2016
Wow. This is amazing! Please update!
bellafan22 chapter 17 . 11/14/2016
Glad to see a new chapter, It was really good :)
SpiritMonkey chapter 8 . 11/10/2016
I still like this but you gotta work out the inconsistencies with Aang. Sometimes he can pass through people, sometimes he can touch them, it changes every other paragraph. Since he's invisible and only heard by Katara/Appa it would make much more sense if he were also unphysical. It seems like lazy writing.
SpiritMonkey chapter 3 . 11/8/2016
Found this yesterday, looks really good! I appreciate that you aren't making it Zutara (though you could've kept the other ships to yourself to surprise us/had something not canon, but I get why you're keeping it that way).

I'm also surprised at the choice to keep Aang's spirit only visible to Appa and Katara. Though it'll certainly lead to some awkward events in the future, if he's truly a spirit passed into the real world everyone should be able to see him I would think, like with Hei Bai.
Looking forward to reading the next 13 chapters, and hopefully more :)
TaangPhan chapter 17 . 11/7/2016
Finally had that chance to read it. I love your stuff! Aang visiting Ursa in her dream, brilliant. I was seeing the spirit/dream world as we went along. I'm already anxious to see how she and Aang are going to interact for his chi blocking training. I'm securely on your hook, I'll be here for as long as it takes. You just can't rush the good stuff.
Congratulations on your second child. You really are the adventurous one aren't you? Our one and only child has left us with an empty nest. He's been married for a year as of last month. It's left the wife and I wondering where all the time went. That, and what do we do now? Oh yeah, wait for more good stuuf to read.
Kol Tuv
Overjoyed fan chapter 17 . 11/7/2016
I got so excited when I saw you posted an update!
This story is amazing!

And take your time with the updates if you need to - or if real life gives you no other option - it's fine. Stories can take months or years to write, so don't feel bad. I'm just glad we did get an update. :)
Guest chapter 17 . 11/7/2016
Kelev,
I'm so happy to see you post this. I've not had a chance to even read it yet but I'm so happy I just have to let you know. I've been patiently waiting, hoping that this would come. I will review after I've had a chance to read it. Gotta to the work thing first though, argh, Monday.
Thanks again,
TaangPhan
Canada Cowboy chapter 17 . 11/6/2016
Very glad to see you back doing this story again. It's been a while and I did wonder what will happen to it. But now I'm glad to see that it will be continuing and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

First off, your twist with Ursa is really amazing. I read before that you made her a chi-blocker, which made me wonder if she trained Ty Lee before she was banished. However, now we get a different trait, in that she is actively helping Katara (through the requests of Sokka and Aang) to do chi-blocking. We know Korra would become the first metal-bending Avatar, but it looks like Katara is the first chi-blocking Avatar. It's an amazing twist you pulled, and I'm glad you choose to go with that.

Next, I like how some of your head-canons actually make this story more intriguing. I didn't care too much about whether it's Ursa's father or mother who is the child of Avatar Roku, but I did like how you made it so that there are Roku loyalists out there. I'm glad you kept the explanation from "the Search" where Azulon wants an all-powerful Fire Nation royal family by marrying his son to Roku's descendants, but the twist with Iroh meaning to capture Ursa rather than a forced marriage to Ozai is really neat. We always know that Iroh had a past that he's not too proud of, but we barely god any glimpses of that in the show. I'm glad you're trying to fill in some blanks and hopefully make what is already an excellent franchise even better through your lenses.

Finally, I'm glad that you are taking this in a different direction, highlighting the differences in mood between Aang's journey and Katara's journey. Aang is a happy-go-lucky air bender who really wants to have fun, while Katara is a bit more bitter and cynical due to her mother's death and the raids on the South Pole. Setting the different tones really highlight the way these journeys are dealt with, and it may lead to growth being seen differently. I would have liked to see some growth for Aang as well, given how we're trying to move him away from the happy-go-lucky side and into a more serious Avatar (or Avatar mentor). We did see the maturation of Aang from Book 1 to Book 3 in the show, so now I'd like to see how this gets tackled with Katara.

I'm glad to hear that the baby is doing well and you have other things on the go. It is unfortunate that your house is in a rural area with limited Wi-Fi access, or we can go into more detail in discussing this fic. I'm also glad to see Katara reaching the Northern Water Tribe soon, and how she will stick it to Pakku this time. I'm also eager to see how you incorporate some of your head-canons all the while staying true to canon. I'm not too fond of Gene Yang either, especially with the whole breakup of Mai and Zuko, and the introduction of a love triangle in "Smoke and Shadow" with Kei Lo. I'm just glad Mai dumped that butt-monkey as harshly as she did, and I hope Kei Lo stays true to his word and never go back to Mai.

Best of luck and let me know if you want any assistance. Please note that I've already posted 2 chapters of my Korra fic. If you finally get Wi-Fi, please drop by and give those chapters a read.
KaelThasSunstrider chapter 17 . 11/6/2016
I'm glad you're back :D
Looking up for the next chapters!
KaelThasSunstrider chapter 16 . 11/3/2016
You're wrapping up a Great story. I really hope you're still there and update soon :(
KaelThasSunstrider chapter 10 . 11/3/2016
I was really digging this fic, I was trying to find something with this theme that actually included Aang, and you've managed to do it wonderfully. I'm just sad to see that it's been a while since you've updated :(
MetroNeko chapter 7 . 9/3/2016
Great story, just one thing, when an avatar activates their state for the first time in a long while, shouldn't all the statues have glowed? Why didn't they glow when Katara was little?