Reviews for Avatar: Legend of Katara
yournameandnumber chapter 11 . 3/25
Great story! But I had a realization: shouldn't Katara get a "animal guide" like Aang or Roku (Fang and Appa were their guides. Appa helps Katara, but I think he's more loyal to Aang.)
This is a great story! Please update soon! Also, is Ursa a firebender? The search is clearly non-canon here, so it's totally up in the air.
you're awesome. eagerly anticipating any updates :)
Catapapalilar x3 chapter 15 . 2/20
So... Wow! I generally babble on in a review for a while but I'm stealing some time at work so maybe next time! First off- thank God you decided to make a Kataang story with this premise. Zutara? Kill me now! So there's that! And I love how canon this is! I love certain AUs, which obviously this is, but I hate when the universe is so mutated it doesn't even seem like it is FanFiction anymore- more like an original story with familiar names. You are such an amazing writer, and I hope to see an update soon :)
CIVDC chapter 15 . 2/11
I love it! Keep it up :).
Southern Hearts chapter 15 . 1/25
Wow, this story just...has all my votes. I wasn't sure at first about Katara being the Avatar, but I think you've really made it fit well. I'm looking forward to more kataang moments and Zuko's entry. I'm forever a fan of the Zuko and Aang friendship, so I'm kind of hoping you'll do something with that eventually, but I do get that the focus is more on Katara. Still, this was a really unexpected treasure and I'm looking forward to reading more.
bellafan22 chapter 15 . 1/17
Keep it up
kail420 chapter 15 . 1/9
great.
Ecanus chapter 15 . 1/9
So I just read your story from start to finish last night, and I have to say it is very well written. I really like this storyline. Your ideas are so creative and your writing is so interesting and entertaining. I kind of wish this was how the series went instead lol.
I have read a lot of fanfiction and yours is definitely one of the best I've read in a long time. Can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the good work.
HVK chapter 15 . 1/8
This was another nice chapter!

I wasn't expecting Smellerbee to be a hermaphrodite; I almost suspected that she was somewhat transgendered or at least fluid from the writing until it was cleared up. Nice that its not treated as being... well, completely bizarre, just something that happens to be a thing.

AIR NOMAD REMNANTS. I love it!

The catdog thing made me giggle. An intentional reference to that old Nickelodeon show?

It was interesting seeing Zuko take the bandages off... and let's face it, still being a bit of an idiot.

The mandala thing was quite cool.

I find Aang's brief and even disinterested reference to his birth family to be an appropriate one; I'm a bit of a fan of the notion that Aang finds the idea of a traditional family to be, at best, a strange and alien one.

Three friends for MOST of her journey? I'm wondering if you'll shake up the traditional way how THAT worked out in canon!
Canada Cowboy chapter 15 . 1/8
"Unless today is the day that everyone is talking to dead people." For some strange reason, I keep getting Haley Joel Osment from the "Sixth Sense" in my mind when this line was used.

Moving on to the review, I really like how the new Team Avatar is getting to know each other better now. Longshot and Smellerbee are officially accepted into the team, and despite her heritage Ursa is also welcomed as well. I'm still a little shocked at Smellerbee being a hermaphrodite, because those aren't exactly common in the world. Even just looking up hermaphroditism on my own, there are various levels and stages of it, so I wonder if it's just that she has male features, or if she has a set of the male sex organs. Then again, you're the nurse, so you probably know the medical stuff better than I do.

As for the Fortune Teller herself, it's an interesting take on Aunt Wu's phenomenon. Part of that episode is about how our future isn't really written, and that the only people who can control the future are ourselves. It's certainly refreshing to hear how Suki got all her assumptions about life turned around by this experience (very creative on the Kyoshi Warriors having to remain single). Ursa not hearing her future is also unique, in that it reflects what she did in the trilogy (even though you said it shouldn't be canon).

But the most intriguing one is Aang and Katara, as we have a second person (first being Bumi) who can see Aang somehow. I'm happy to hear that Katara knows the truth in that Aang can be resurrected, and I sure hope to see their relationship build along the way. You already threw bits and pieces in here that allow us to imagine what Katara is thinking about when she deals with her feelings on Aang (even though they remain just friends at the moment). It'll be a good way to see what will happen as we work to the final battle and the ending.

I congratulate you on a fantastic effort and I hope to see the next chapter soon. If you have any ideas or brainstorming you want to do, please feel free to email me.
Lord Jaric chapter 15 . 1/8
I got to see some Tibetan monks make a sand painting over the course of a few days or so at my collage last year. Quite a beautiful work of art. Unfortunately I didn't make it to the ceremony where they dumped the sand into the river.

So how long do you think it will be before you get the gang to the North Pole?

Good work as always.