Reviews for Reckless
Ensimismada chapter 27 . 1/14
Reading your Spidey stories is having a serious negative impact on my chores and responsibilities, but they're just so well written! So happy you've posted them here.

This tale is a hell of a lot of fun, but it falls into the same trap I commented on with "Birds of a Feather" - namely, that a lot of conflict is created simply by having the characters choose not to talk to one another/not to be honest with one another. I got to the point where the pathos was much less effective, just because I was miffed at people for not talking to one another.

On the other hand, pretty much everything else here was awesome. Your supporting, original characters are interesting and real, you balance action with drama well (when the drama isn't too artificial because of failing to talk), and the sentence-to-sentence writing is really, really solid. Gwen is clever as ever, MJ is fairly interesting, Owen wasn't as annoying as I (or Gwen!) anticipated. I like that people are piecing things together, especially Gwen's mom. It's inconvenient and difficult and frankly, spot-on.

I also like how I kept expecting Chameleon to show up as one of those supporting characters or even as a main character, screwing everything up by being trusted. For example, I kept bracing for some of the lovely P/G interaction to have actually been Chameleon. And that never really happened, which itself subverted all my expectations! This was clever of you because it helped me, as a reader, feel something of the constant mistrust that the characters would have felt. Brava, brava.
heyfreckles chapter 27 . 9/16/2014
This story is incredible, and I know it will always be one I come back to. Thank you so much for writing this :) it was truly a pleasure to read!
Guest chapter 15 . 8/17/2014
fav chapter :)
TrixieW chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Great job on the self control!
mecaka chapter 14 . 5/6/2014
Okay, I'm thinking now that I was completely wrong... Hmm.
mecaka chapter 13 . 5/6/2014
Oh gosh. So, earlier, I was thinking SHIT THEY CLONED PETER. I'm guessing that this was a correct conclusion because this "Peter" isn't really acting like Peter... So... I'm feeling jittery. (Oh, and I'm reading this one now. Started the other one about 24 hours ago, and I'm already like halfway through this one...)
TheHallow chapter 24 . 4/1/2014
Ohmygod I love hearing about your dates XDD Just the way you write about them is so funny! hahaha
Guest chapter 22 . 3/24/2014
I'm scared to even read! Just listening to happy from despicable me to keep me going! Eep
Guest chapter 17 . 3/24/2014
And amazing story line by the way... forgot to tell you that
Guest chapter 17 . 3/24/2014
Let me guess! Its a Richard Parker clone!
Issuino Yumi chapter 25 . 2/15/2014
Hey, so you know, I freaked out when Peter and Gwen became "involved". I thought that the clone had taken advantage of Gwen and was scared that this would damage her relationship if not lead to an immediate, life-threatening situation.
Issuino Yumi chapter 27 . 2/15/2014
DAMN.

I cannot believe you made Gwen Stacy...a character I only know from the latest Spider Man movie... such an attractive... emotional... _person_. I am so glad I found your author page.
luversblues chapter 27 . 1/7/2014
IS THERE A SUQUEL? OMG i read the first one and now this and its amazing. like, i failed 2 test because i was reading this. i love how more realistic this is, like how it shows him getting hurt because the movie doesnt show this. i mean, you should be if ur running around getting smack around right? anyways, im sleep deprive, dont know what im saying, and im going on ur profile to check if theres a third
7-12m3 chapter 27 . 12/26/2013
This story (Lying Heart and Reckless) was a very nice change of pace, so rarely do you see a fanfiction with a sad ending. Most of the time we ( the Fanfiction community) hide behind a world of "what if's."
What if Peter had been better-faster-stronger-smarter, what if Gwen had been more forceful, what if greengoblin had been slower-weaker-dumber. A million possibilities all seeming to end in a happy way.
But that's not life. The better-faster-stronger-smarter you are the bigger-harder-more unsolvable your problems become. Not all stories have a happy ending. And it was nice to see a fanfiction author that sees that fact.
Thank you.
his velvet touch chapter 27 . 12/20/2013
Dearest, dearest dear.

So I just spent the last perhaps, mm, six hours reading through this story and its previous companion, six hours I should've spemt doing math homework like a responsible junior in high school. And to be honest, I'm not even mad. You gave me hope that me, a girl who fanfictions like mad because she never ends up finishing her original stories and is nearing her sixth year of doing so, a girl who memorizes actors, movies, songs, and artists cuz she's intensely passionte about even though she sucks at memorizing in Physics, a girl who's so completely strained and tumblr-ized and not exactly normal, a girl who would happily marry Spider-Man in two seconds, can be unbelievably amazing and spectacular throughout college.

Please be amazing. I'm so unbelievably happy thay someone else loves the Garfield like I does, someone else watches TASM more than should be legal, someone else is inexplicably obsessed with a man bitten by a spider. I comb through the Gwen/Peter romance section on fanfiction about once a day, and I'm so blessed to find something decent on this site again. God, no one seems to write about TASM in 2013. Dammit. How about that trailer, huh? International one has to be my favorite. "I love you, don't hate me!" "PETER!" :3

I adore you, living without your fanfiction until May 2nds gonna be difficult as hell,

Me. With love.