Reviews for The Devil's Bench
LunaBianca chapter 1 . 9/4
Creepy as fuck and wonderfully irresistible. I like it very much. ;)
IggyInin20218 chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
Haunting.
MeAzrael chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I read a wonderful, special story a few weeks ago - then forgot who the author had been - then found the print-out between layers of stuff on my kitchen chair, and it was yours! So finally I can come back and tell you how much I loved that piece of imagination! How Dean is drawn to that bench from his not-so-apple-pie life, how he suffers, searching for comfort on that bench, the lights flickering... the woman, that somehow reminded me of Missoury, with her way of talking (and you gave her so much life in these few lines)... and the style in which this was written, mirroring Dean's desperation...

"The woman stares at him with an unfocused gaze for so long that Dean thinks she isn't going to answer, then she shudders and looks at him with clearer eyes. There's pity there too, and Dean can't figure out why a crazy person would be pitying him. "Most people just walk on by like he ain't even there. Boy, you another one that's gonna know the Devil when you see him. Already seen him more than once ain't you? I can always tell. You wanna see him again, you keep sittin' on his bench." She shakes her head and turns away, cart clattering as she pushes it down the path. "Sweet Jesus, save us all."

"Jesus isn't going to save you," Dean yells after her, angry at her faith in something that let him down so badly. "Heaven doesn't give a damn about you. Sam saved you. My brother saved you all." He drains another inch from the bottle and as he lowers it he thinks that maybe calling out one of the Devil's names isn't such a great idea when you're sitting on his bench. Then he snorts and takes another drink. Yeah, the Devil sits on this bench at night and watches your house and you believe it because a crazy lady told you so. She knows he's the Devil because he looks just like everyone else. You're a moron."

This is just perfect, Tifaching!

And then Sam/not-Sam and Lucifer himself and the carvings on the bench - not only one cage - two... the last link between the brothers, probably, the only way to have an eye on Dean from the other side - and since Dean is captured in his pain anyway, does it matter WHERE his cave would be? I don't know if that was your interpretation, but anyway - I really liked it a lot.

x Kate
GrimmXEchelonXShipperXNut chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
:0 All I can muster up cause I'm in too much shock. Oh my goodness, Sammy why!?
Sharlot chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
A very compelling and eerie take on a gloomy period for the boys! My heart aches for Dean...watching him ache for Sam. /sniffle.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
That was a unique twist on things, and very creepy. Good job!
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Holy crap. This was creepy. And good.
Maz101 chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
A convincing take on that sad time. Nicely done.
CandyCakes chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Ohhhh, very very creepy! Awesome job as always!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I love how twisty this is for Dean; plus the whole idea of Sam preparing the way for Dean, then Lucifer putting that spin on it (whether that was what Sam intended or not), is so possible, given how calculating Sam can be sometimes... In so many ways, it's simultaneously heart-warming and chilling.