Reviews for Third and Long
cmr2014 chapter 1 . 4/26
"He always writes with the same pens..."
I like Pilot Precise V7 pens. 1 in my jeans pocket, 1 in the toolbox, 1 pack of pens in the truck, with a pencil and little pencil sharpener in the toolbox with the pen.
I can get where Flint's coming from here - or at least, I think I can. There are things I make sure to have always either directly on me (or in the truck, if they're too big to fit on me), because even if I don't always use them in the course of a day, experience has shown I'm better off being prepared than not.

Coffee is best black and plain, hot and strong. Flint may take two sugars, that's fine. Nobody's perfect.

There's something to be said for structure. I tend to eat out at the same places. I know the layout, know the vantage points, and know what's good to eat. I tend to order the same thing, as well, or pick from two or three preferred things. Food is just fuel, so I find what works for me and stick with it. Fuel up and get out, there's work to be done.

"It'll be one more crime to add to the growing list of charges..."
I imagine if they had been put on trial at the end or just shortly before the end, it would have taken at least a full court day just to list all the charges against them.

"...but then again, not everyone can be a Falcon."
I love this! Made me laugh so hard.
I did like this series' take on where the name "GI Joe" came from.

This was very good. One doesn't always feel the weight in the series that Flint carries for Duke's injury...but there are moments when you can see he's always carrying it.

I always felt bad for him in his single-minded pursuit that he never stopped to really think about the whole situation. That's the downside of following orders.

You have to be careful in how you look at the world when you're a black-and-white person. It gets way too easy to just write people off.

Thank you *very much* for writing a story I enjoyed.
AA - MamaBirdCat chapter 1 . 11/11/2013
Terrific take on the characters.. Love your writing..
ZafiraMente chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
I only saw a few eps of renegades - who wanted to be an engineer?

Great story though! Love the interaction between these two!
FiveSecondsOfCrazy chapter 1 . 1/30/2013
"The orchestra is on a ten-city tour of his central nervous system and he's in the percussion section" is possibly my favorite metaphor ever, and I loved the ending, as well.
srlhmslrfnhlse chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Okay, I was searching for other Renegades fics, and I'm so glad I found this one. The characterizations seem excellent. I couldn't find any spelling or grammar errors, which makes my inner Grammar Nazi very, very happy. I love the fact that you're showing this from the perspective of the people who are trying to catch the Joes; as far as I know this hasn't been done yet, at least from the military side. Thanks for an awesome story; it's definitely a favorite.
Flint75 chapter 1 . 12/6/2012
Reading this story REALLY makes me want to watch Renegades again, such an underrated show. :) Your writing is very detailed, you can see everything and you definately have the characters emotions down perfectly.
Classic Cowboy chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Great work, you hit both characters perfectly!
tophat chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Lots of fun! :) I really liked the interaction between the two of them. And of course, Scarlett being a bad -ass is always great. :)
Cloudwalker chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Major congratulations on the Big 100! *hugs, very proud of you, then pops open a bottle of well-chilled champagne to share with you and Bronwynn and the rest of team Firestar*
Prairie24 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Scarlett is very passionate and knows exactly what she's doing. Let's hope she made Flint think. Great work!
DarkinUnderground chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Very nice! I especially liked how Scarlette was protective of Duke. It was fitting, the Joes have gotten close since their escape from Springfield, and I could see them all being protective of each other. Poor Flint learned that the hard way...

Hit him again, Scarlett!
str8jacket chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Good story... I really like reading about Flints perspective and how you tied it all together. Can't wait to read the update of Breathless.
idstealer000 chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I'd have to hunt down that cold killer bitch too.
Bronwynn chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
I don't know why there aren't more Renegades fics out there. I thought the series was excellent and I liked that it offered a different take on some old favorite characters. Flint was a character that didn't get much screen time, but I think you have done quite a job capturing him here. The details you have included about him and his thought process of seeing everything in black and white with no gray area seems perfect to me for Renegades Flint. The interaction with Scarlett was fantastic. Sure, she kicked his ass, but she also got him thinking, forcing him into that gray area that throws him so off-balance. The fact that Scarlett didn't kill him when she had numerous chances to do so is unnerving for him. And, the fact that she made it personal, referencing Duke as she did, was awesome. I hope to see some more Joe fics from you- after you finish Breathless that is. :)