Reviews for Sorrow Heart
LuckyLadybug chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Oh wow. I thought I was the only one to ever write a fic where Perry dies. Mine's just a drabble and it's not up here.

This is so powerful and poignant and heartbreaking. You captured both Tragg and Paul beautifully. It's wonderful to see Tragg so well-represented in a fic. I love when I find gen fics popping up here and there in the Perry category. It used to be nothing but romance (which rarely grabs my interest like a gen or friendship fic).

The nods to the other characters are really well-done, too. I especially love the mention of Hamilton's cold fury in prosecuting Perry's murderer.

I can hardly believe there wouldn't be a crowd at Perry's funeral, but then again, a lot of the people who might have come were probably busy, or not there, or just didn't even know until it was too late. Perry really had very few close friends, which is what I imagine you're illustrating.

I'm curious, is there any particular reason you picked Fran to be the one other mourner?

Paul being so depressed and discouraged that he's shut down the agency is heartbreaking. And I wonder how Della's getting on in her new job, and if she and Paul stay in touch much.

It's chilling when Tragg mentions how the other lawyers just sit back and wait for the work to come to them. It's good that there have been improvements in the police department and the district attorney's office, but tragic that it took Perry's death for it to happen.

Your descriptions are just amazing and paint such a vivid picture of everything. I can clearly see it all, from Paul in the bar right down to Tragg's hand on the table at the end. The last sentence says so much, about the story and about him and his nature.

Beautiful and haunting, all around.
Captain Weirdo chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Oh wow - somehow missed this one earlier.

Great word pictures. I could feel the tension as Tragg looked for the right words.

Fran? Figures. :)

Well done!

cw
GratefullyDead chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
This was so well done. Even before your note at the end I knew who Fran was! awesome touch. Thanks for posting!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Sad story, but I really like your look into Paul's and Tragg's characters.
tengland2 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
The group quietly went their seperate ways. Thinking perhaps being around each other would hurt to much, being reminded of Perry not being with them. Nicely done.