Reviews for James and Me
ST-DL chapter 10 . 3/24
What a chapter! Good to see Vicki as an active and organized person, instead of the weak blubbery thing she used to be. Of course, we see her through Anna's eyes and so we see whatever she wants to see... Also seeing all her friends come to her defense was awesome! Poor Alex... Still not my fave character but I feel sorry for her now, mostly.

Simon is an idiot. Anna calling him off in front of his friends was priceless!

As for James, I missed him. That last paragraph was not enough :( I need more Jamie in my life.

And what do you mean by "Annie is not exactly a muggle"? But truly, I am just glad that it is an officer who obliviated Anna and not Harry or Ginny.

Anxiously waiting for the next chapter
Estee
Chipps AS chapter 1 . 3/24
Wonderful update, as always. I vascilate between thinking you go into too much detail about Annie's friends and loving the way these tidbits help to create a fully realized world for James and Annie to inhabit. I can't wait to see how James responds to Annie's questions. He's clearly aching to tell her, but also deeply insecure about his own judgement given his past. I hope he ignores the rules and goes with his gut the way his dad did with Bobby! Please update soon!
melakem chapter 10 . 3/24
Every time I finish one of your chapters, I'm excited by the writing and all the things I've learned. Then, I'm sad, because I've finished. I do often go back and reread, while waiting for the next bit, though! Thanks for the read!
kmagarden chapter 10 . 3/24
Oh boy. How is James going to handle this?! Very anxious to see the next update. And interesting 'And anyway, Annie's not exactly a M…' Lily began...

As always your stories are fantastic. I love getting updates. Hope to see another one soon.

K
dmrahn chapter 10 . 3/23
Such a great chapter. So much more of the great writing that has made you one of the best Harry Potter writers on FanFic.
Gizzy's Mama chapter 10 . 3/22
You have an absolute gift for writing chapters that answer certain questions while at the same time creating a bizzilion more! How did James know where to be and how will he answer all of Annie's questions? Will Simon be a worse threat now that Annie has humiliated him? If Annie isn't exactly a muggle, what the heck is she? Will Alex ever learn to use a condom because 2 STDs in 2 years is pretty irresponsible. Ok, maybe I don't care so much about that one but the other questions certainly have me hooked! Who am I kidding...I've been hooked on your stories for years. Lol. Can't wait for the next update. Also, I'm so sorry about what happened in London today. When will this madness end?
Noonie1 chapter 10 . 3/22
I love that last line, it's perfect!

I don't get why all the cloak and dagger if he just wanted to ask her about that, why make it all stalky for that? Why not just ask to meet?

But I loved the dream and her writing things down and trying to remember...
janka1234 chapter 10 . 3/22
Always so glad that you updated :) and because you usually do not update too regularly, it gives me an excuse to reread your work a couple of chapters back.. Anyway, I really enjoyed this chapter, even though there was not much James in it (I really like how you write his dialogues, he is so lively and believable). But after this chapter you really got me intrigued to what has happened to the kids so they needed to be obliviated..and also why don't Anna's memories and timelines match.. I am really looking forward to finding out more and also how this story ties to the mysteries of "Strangers"
Oh wow! I was so happy to see you'd written a new chapter and now I'm even more curious! What was Lily going to say? Annie isn't a real muggle? Is she a squib? Can you be a a daughter in a long line of squibs? So there, you've got my hypothesis. Please write the next chapter soon, because this is such a cliffhanger!
HermesThriceGreat chapter 10 . 3/21
I realized that I have repeatedly forgotten to log into the website on my computer after reading these chapters on the morning train on my phone. For that, I'm sorry, for I really want to let you know how much I appreciate your work. For this story, I wanted to tell you that I think that Annabel-Anna-Annie is your best OC. She's a well-rounded character, in no small part because she is a flawed character as well as a redeeming, likeable one. You don't write "Mary Sues," but in this, her flaws are somehow more 'real.' I can't wait to see how this ends.
memnarch chapter 10 . 3/21
I loved seeing Annie and her friends' interactions. While Simon's goal may have been an afterthought, it was the relationships and the insights into Annie's deductions that got the lion's share of the focus, and good on you for doing that. I'm really looking forward to seeing how her conversation with James goes now as well.
HP4Ever chapter 10 . 3/20
I'm loving this story! I can't wait to see what James has will do!
mumphie chapter 10 . 3/20
Wow - please keep it coming! Can't wait to see how you fill in the story line that you have developed. Love to see if Jacqui's distant Wizarding heritage has also gone to Anna, and how it will all work out.
Keep it up! :)
0902FRIENDs chapter 10 . 3/20
To be honest, when you first described Obliviator Patterson, I thought you were talking about James. Needless to say I was absolutely bewildered for about two minutes! - Patterson... That name sounds familiar. Should I reread your stories...?

Her? So there have been a prison break in Azkaban... And it's neither Bellatrix nor Carrow... Can't be Narcissa, either. Could this be the famous Dorian Gray...? I find it very unconvincing but that's the best theory I've come up with so far... Or Milicent B. from Slytherin and Friends and Foes...? She seems quite daft, though that's a better guess than Dorian, I think.

Those kids are bloody awesome! But I still think there needs to be two people to pull that Cruciatus/Imperius stunt...

Annie's not exactly a Muggle? What? How? Because of their bloodline? How did the kids know that? Does it mean the two families had this "we're magical" talk after this incident, and the Potters explained a few heritage-related things to the Charletons? Also, why isn't it "Annie and Henry are not exactly Muggles"? When did the bloodline die out anyways? Must've been fairly recent? Should I make a bold guess and say the Wakes are related to Mary MacDonald...? Damn North you're driving me nuts and it's still the beginning of the chapter!

Magpie? Just looked up the song and I have to say... Took me a while to realize it's about "the devil's bird". Not sure how you take on it, but I spotted parallels between this song and how Aboriginals in Canada used to see (and still see) Christian missionaries... But I also have a feeling that the Unthanks are as British as HMHB.

Annie changing the song to one that she presumably grew up with - good signs. She's starting to re-connect with her past!

Buying shoes kids sized? Oh I know the pain (and perks)! I am awkwardly between the biggest kids' sizes and the smallest adult sizes, so I usually end up getting none... Kids options are loads cheaper, though!

Vicki on guard is one of the most adorable things in this story so far! Also good to see Alex apologize

The content of this chapter made me check the ratings lol. You really do talk about all aspects of life... Another thing I like about your stories, really. Just didn't expect the STI talk on a fanfiction website... Guess it's better than no one talking about it.

Just curious, how do you say "rota"? Should it be rot-ah, or rot-eh, as pronounced in its unabbreviated form?

There's probably enough people commenting on Alex's "smallest cock" crack so I'll only give it one word: "burn!"

What's the mumbling about boxes and rules about? Looks like the Statue of Secrecy was explained to Annie after all, but by James or by Harry/Ministry crew? Or was she simply putting things together as we know that she knows James has secrets and the Drakesaugh Seven most likely made oaths about trust?

Personally I find Simon a bit over-doing it? He acts as if he wants to do something so vindictive to Annie when he only wants to get his work done by someone else? I don't dismiss the amount of work, just thinking it's a bit anti-climatic... It's still a very nasty thing to ask, though, not least from your ex-"girlfriend" whom you cheated on. Now I'm starting to think Simon only "went out" with Annie because she did his homework... Also, how did Annie piece it together? I didn't see it coming, but I'm also getting a bit rusty with this story lately...

I must say I'm getting more and more excited now that all the Obliviations are failing epically. Hopefully the next chapter will show some form of explanation as I don't see how it should proceed otherwise... By the way, James' face must be priceless at the end...

0902FRIENDs

PS. Not sure if you go on HMHB lyrics project for gig reviews, but you might find this amusing:
Nigel "had to adjust the mike stand. “That’s because of Little John,” he observed. “That would have been a good thing to say at a gig in Nottingham.”" - quoted from the Oxford review page.
coki83 chapter 10 . 3/20
Fantastic as always! The last line is brilliant
Can't wait for more xox