Reviews for James and Me
numquam chapter 14 . 2/4
I love your story. It's beautiful and chilling, and casts a shadow even on the events in Strangers at Drakeshaugh, and muggle-wizard relations in general. It's heartbreaking to realise that Harry and Ginny failed to protect their children, and James especially.

You're doing amazing work; your characters are so alive, and I can't wait to find out about everything - why James was arrested, and what exactly he's banned from, and what happened all these years ago.
I do like your stories a lot, but this one is my favourite. I love the use of the song (which I looked up), and the build-up of both the romance between Annie and James and the mystery is perfect.
Katerina95 chapter 14 . 1/26
Despite loving all of your other fanfiction I had never gotten into this story. Until a couple days ago, when I started reading and couldn't stop. I'm so curious as to what James did that continues to worry Harry and Ginny, what happened that they were all obliviated as young teens, and what will happen to the elections for Minister of Magic. Of course we know that James and Annie do get married, from that Valentines Day story, but there's still so much other stuff to discover here! I also suspect that this story ties in somehow to the events of Strangers at Drakeshaugh, which currently sits at a dramatic turn in the story line... keep up the amazing work! I dare say your plots may be more complex and your characters deeper than Rowlings. Love this universe you continue to build on.
murrk chapter 14 . 1/10
I just recently rediscovered your stories! I’m so happy to see that they’re continuing and will definitely follow now for (hopefully) upcoming updates!
Guest chapter 14 . 12/22/2017
This is good stuff
Guest chapter 14 . 12/19/2017
Guys it’s been another two weeks
Guest chapter 14 . 11/30/2017
Guys no one has reviewed this for two weeks and that’s not allowed because it’s too awesome.
melakem chapter 11 . 11/17/2017
I owe you an apology, because I've been missing for a bit, and when I was here, I read without reviewing. I promise that I haven't abandoned your stories, though!

There are so many things that I love about this chapter. Your characters interact very naturally, and I always appreciate the intimacy that shows in their relationships. I like seeing James stand up for Annie, but, still make it clear that he believes her to be strong on her own.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/13/2017
Oh My God!
Are you kidding me!
A story this good actually exists on and it took me so long to find it!
Dayum!
This is some good shit!
Please continue!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 14 . 10/31/2017
Oh no! Dumb kids! This person's gonna be dangerous!
I think this is turning out to be my favorite of your stories. It started as a great little romance, and I didn't even realize at first that Annabel was Annie. Once I finally did, that made it even better. Then it morphed into one of your better mystery stories, and now the whole prior story acted as an interesting framing device for the further adventures of the kids in Drakeshaugh after they grew up a bit. It's cool getting to see the kids actually at Hogwarts age.
Guest chapter 14 . 10/28/2017
oh wow! I remember reading this fic a long time back, only a few chapters had been updated then and I had thought it was abandoned, this has grown splendidly!
keep the chapters coming!
wonderful work!
you are very talented!
lizzzsunshine chapter 5 . 10/25/2017
Wow, when I first started reading I wasn’t sure if I would enjoy an OC fic from a Muggle POV, but I’m really enjoying this so far. I think I’m going to have to have to revisit your other fics after this as well!
Guest chapter 14 . 10/23/2017
Mysterious Pink Person? Umbridge? That's an interesting development. BTW I had always believed that adding an 's' to the word 'anyway' was a habit peculiar to Americans. Not so?
Guest chapter 14 . 10/21/2017
Oh this is a wonderful story!
I am not into OCs but for the first time I actually wish there was really a Annie Charlton in the Harry Potter universe!
Good job!
0902FRIENDs chapter 14 . 10/20/2017
North,

Thanks for all the answers (or clues) in this chapter. They're much needed.

Your attempt at this "memory within memory" thing helped us peel the onion, though it's a little confusing at the end. I was expecting you to start and end with Annie "in the present". Even just a hint like "As we sang once more, the energy enveloped us, sending us into an endless tunnel of memories" to begin with and "a breeze dispersed the energy, and we were back again in the present" at the end would make things a lot clearer. There are also a few times I think maybe mentioning the kids' ages or the time early on would be a good idea. As a reader, I don't mind, but as a writer/critique, it matters. Maintaining consistency, building suspense, and guiding your readers to the right conclusion all at the same time is a tough act. I do believe there's room to do better.

Now to the details.

"brewing storm" - good one. Would love to nick it, if that's okay?

I think you mentioned singing the song twice for the memory when they decline Al's request to add Scorpius into the gang, and that's what threw me off (re the above). So maybe working on that line would help without changing the overall structure.

I do love how you portrayed the club (or the gang) like the Fight Club. Adds a sense of solidarity between the kids. I suppose it also explains why Annie and Henry are informed about the others' Hogwarts lives? It's quite amazing what the adults idon't/i know.

Emotional moment when Al is finally convinced. Henry looks like a good leader in the making, so does James! Wonder how he decides to quit school? Is it related to what the kids see that day Annie gets Crucioed, and the subsequent Obliviation?

Sad that Teddy wasn't too enthusiastic about the club, but he's only human! Would love to see more of Teddy in your future stories though! What does he do now that he's graduated?

I somehow think Lily and Hugo being older than Henry and James were when they sighed the covenant a bit odd, but I can be mistaken. My brain's not up for algebra at the moment.

Is there any significance with the Easter hols in this story? Feels like everything is happening over Easter, and never summer!

Their signing, albeit driven by fear of prospective separation, truly bonds them together! Now that you've revealed James' interest in history starts early on, I'm starting to think he's researched on purpose!

The "be true to each other" clause in the rules makes me wonder if the signing is the reason why the adults haven't been able to Obliviate Annie and Henry - not even the Obliviators could prevent the truth from coming out once Annie meets James! And if James has researched it on purpose, it's almost certain he, at age 11, has guaranteed a breach of the Statue despite all potential consequences. The nerves of that child!

That reminds me... Is that why James has trouble stopping himself talking about Hogwarts in the earlier chapters? Because he's so used to talking about it with the Charletons and sometimes forgets that they've been Obliviated?

Looks like you've opted for the "I'd always fancied him" type of romance. Personally I think it a bit cliche, especially when the same is used on Rosie and Hugo, and the kids already seem to have fairly stable personalities, but it's your decision.

I'm intrigued about this Craig character now, but I won't make any guesses yet. Keep the hints coming!

Henry in his big brother mode is my favourite! The incident also showed Jamie being deeper and more sensitive than he appears to be... Given how livid James had been about his punishment back then, I wonder how he didn't tell Harry about Craig? Or he might be both furious at his dad and blaming himself?

So... Umbridge? You didn't say anything about her looking like a toad, but again I think that's only because of the distance, and her looking at Drakeshaugh and not the stone. And where has the other person gone to? I'm still a firm believer of there being two perpetrators. Does the other Apparate to the other side of the stone or something?

"Her outfit was a bright beacon against the shadowy trees" - I first read it as "bright bacon" and it brought a chuckle to me. Maybe "bacon" is in fact a better word? It certainly fits pink in my head.

Trash talk are the best, if only I can follow them! I need to learn myself some proper pop culture!

Looking forward to see the kids fending themselves!

A few minor adjustments could improve the overall tidiness of this chapter - but that's not the point of this review. I need to shut my harsh-critique-brain before people think I'm imposing my unaesthetic views upon them.

Hope I didn't bore you with this review.

0902FRIENDs
coki83 chapter 14 . 10/19/2017
Loved this chapter! I can tell triple p is trouble if it’s who I think it is!
Just finished reading all of your stories again and with out doubt this and Strangers are definitely my favourite closely followed by Battle.
Keep up the fantastic work, can’t wait for more
Chlo