Reviews for James and Me
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 4/22
Wow, I am so much more excited for this story than I thought I would be. I was skeptical that I'd have no reference points with anyone here and wouldn't care (from the summary, only James Potter, and a grown-up James hasn't been in any of your other stories.) But I was a little hopeful, because the story with Tom Riddle ended up having Camelia in it. And it turned out great!
I first started to think she was a Muggle when she said she left for weeks by taking a bus, and then I thought, "Hey, Annie could be short for Annabel, couldn't it?" And then her Mum mentioned Mike and I got really excited.
I am so not surprised that James would do something like that, but it's still really sad.
Iwik chapter 6 . 2/11
I'm really glad you're writing again and this chapter was amazing! I'm just sad Hagrid died. 95 is a good age to go, but still it's sad.
yiota146 chapter 6 . 2/10
Now isn't this interesting! It's not as if James really needed to move to Sheffield, he can Apparate there from anywhere. But living with Rose and still not telling her about Annie, when Annie has told her friends and Henry... I suppose a reunion is imminent. I wonder how Annie's parents will react initially. And are the Peverells really connected to the castle? Thank you for the update, I'm looking forward to the next one!
Lilyp chapter 6 . 2/9
I love this story so much. Annie is a great character and the fact that she is helping James a lot without having the faintest idea is very well written and enjoyable.
Their relationship is really interesting too. James must be extra careful, because she is a muggle and knows him a lot, making it more difficult to hide his magic. And that makes him the perfect male companion for her at this moment of her life, when she is vulnerable and prone to do something fool to get back at Simon. One day at a time is perfect for them, but if James didn't have all those hidden concerns, perhaps he wouldn't be able to really make it work, and Annie certainly would accept going faster than what is reasonable in her situation.
Anon chapter 6 . 2/8
I like the way Annie can sense she is missing pieces of the equation. The attraction between her and James could start coming out more. The one thing that really intrigues me and the question that has me hoping you finish the story is when and how will Annie find out about magic and the wizarding world.
inlovewithguysinbooks chapter 6 . 1/30
Ahh! I love it. Great story. Just read all the way through. I love the wizard references and your characters. Hope for an update soon! Keep it up. :)
FriendofMolly chapter 6 . 1/28
North,
I've come to the end, so far. When Annie brought up Hagrids name, I thought she was going to guess the truth. It was heartbreaking to find he's on his next adventure. But this one leads me to great excitement for the future.
FoM
I just realised I never actually reviewed this! Seeing the email come into my inbox marked 'James and Me' was so freaking exciting I actually sent a screenshot to a friend. Okay that sounds a little strange but they recommended this story to me so... anywho super excited and the chapter didn't disappoint! I love how you've worked history into this and that alone is fascinating as well as the great ship you're creating. Please post more soon! KL
Beauty Eclipsed chapter 6 . 1/25
Interesting chapter.
ngayonatkaianman...yay! you have updated. how exciting. what a first friendship date for james and annie. i so look forward to the time when annie will get to truly know who james is. what is james doing with his life at this point?
StevenG chapter 6 . 1/24
THANKS FOR THIS UPDATE!

It's good to see this story hasn't been abandoned.
Oriondruid chapter 6 . 1/22
Nice to read the latest chapter of this. The area of the Peak District around the Hope Valley, Edale, Castleton and Mom Tor etc is one I know well and love to visit when I can. I've walked/rock scrambled along both sides of the valley and along the rigdge where the hang gliders launch themselves and up the Tor the hard way from the opposite side to the tourist steps when I was much younger and fitter. The moors and bogs beyond Kinder Scout are magnificent, endless miles of b**ger all where it doesn't do to let oneself be caught out if the mists close in. :o)
The chapter was very well written (as ever) and the descriptive stuff about the villages and small towns/places was good, as were the character interactions and the atmosphere around their tentative reunion and emotions, which are still clouded and confused by the secrets James must keep.
I never have linked the Peverells to the castle at Castleton, but it makes sense, since as you say spelling in Old English was never an exact science. It's Ye Olde English Pie Shoppe problem. ;o) Loved the folk song too, heard versions of it before, very Lair of the White Worm and also a somewhat Lovecraftian folk tale, it sounds a bit like one of those nasty beasties he called a Shoggoth., that's definitely not something to meet on the moors on a dark night! :o)
I will post a review to your other recently posted chapter to the M.I.T. story soon as possible this weekend.
Many Blessings.
Oriondruid.
Amanda Pall chapter 6 . 1/21
OMG! I should know that anything you write will be incredible! This has the makings of an incredible story! I hope you intend to take this for the long haul because you have me completely fascinated as to how she is going to accept the wizarding world!
HermesThriceGreat chapter 6 . 1/19
Thank you for another chapter! Besides being entertained, I feel like I have learned something as well, usually either something of British English, British geography, or both. Indeed, I've consulted Google Maps many a time to trace the characters' movements. Yes, Great Britain itself is an unstated, star character of your story(-ies).
nanaeleanor chapter 6 . 1/18
I love your writing. As they fly across the landscape I feel like I can see exactly where everything is and what it looks like. Your stories make me feel very connected to that part of Britain which you so clearly love. The details remain in my mind making me yearn to be there. Truly, ever since I began with your stories I have wanted to visit all these places. Sometimes it feels like I already have. Glad you're still working on several of them. I want to see what happens to James and Annie. I look forward to Friends and Foes too. Thanks
310 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »