Reviews for James and Me
NoTagBacks chapter 6 . 1/18
Annie is very much like her mother: introspective but uncertain, intelligent yet insecure. She enjoys swimberling and motorcycles. She knows there are nagging secrets surrounding the Potters, yet she's trusting enough to let them be, although she notices all the little ways that James sidesteps away from violating the Statute of Secrecy (just like her mother). I'll have to re-read the story to see the ways that the two differ.
I assume you, put some effort into making her similar yet different from her mother; was it difficult to keep them as two differentiated characters?
BlueWater5 chapter 6 . 1/18
I like how the relationship is evolving.
Eep! I am so so so excited for the new chapter. Annie is a great character.
wrappedinharry chapter 6 . 1/17
Absolutely brilliant! Your descriptions of the landscapes from your part of the world lend so much authenticity to your stories. It makes me very nostalgic for the very short time I spent in the peak district in Derbyshire. Magnificent countryside. I know you're from much further north, but it seems as if you are familiar with as far south as the Midlands.

And the little titbits you throw in: like the different origins of names. You must do a great deal of research. But perhaps you have learnt these facts over the years and are then able to incorporate you're knowledge into your stories.

James has certainly got a lot to be going on with. Perhaps I am being thick, but I didn't get the reference to James putting his hand in his pocket (perhaps touching his wand) while touching the grave with the other hand. Is it a particular talent James has, determining the size of a skeleton. It is obvious he is thinking that Little John is a part-giant like Hagrid.

Looking forward to more.

Lesley
Kasey60 chapter 6 . 1/17
Glad to see you back, Neil! Great chapter as always :) Did you realize that James' eye color changed from hazel in the beginning to chocolate brown in this chapter?
Oh WoW! And the plot thickens even more! Thank you for writing a next chapter to my absolute favorite story of yours. I love how you mix reality with fantasy, with magic, with potter, old english and myth and history. It's also great how you make both Annie and James unsure and bold at the same time. I am really exited how things will turn out and when James will tell Annie about magic... I would love another glimp into their future like in Centuries. Great!
poetrywoman chapter 6 . 1/16
I know I've said this before, but I love the way you write. It makes everything seem so believable and real. I really can't get enough of it.
MuggleCreator chapter 6 . 1/16
Great chapter. I love your characterisations.
The Three Stoogies chapter 6 . 1/16
a great chapter glad you have keep writing keep up the great work
sroyonline chapter 6 . 1/16
Good to see you getting back, doing what you enjoy. Great chapter. I can see that a future Hagrid story is on your agenda.
Xanoka chapter 6 . 1/16
Awww, I'm so glad this updated! I made myself read it from the beginning. I love this story! It's so well written and sweet. Poor insecure James. I am liking his character development. Though, Hagrid! I can't believe you did that, though I guess it makes sense. Enjoying all the history/Peverell stuff, and loving the UST between James and Annie! I can't wait to see where this story goes. Will Annie meet the rest of the Potters again? Will Annie tell her parents about James? Can't wait to find out! Please keep writing! And thank you for the story!
Bubbles of Colours chapter 6 . 1/16
I love this fic and you are my favourite canon fanficker. Thanks for the new chapter!
aalens chapter 6 . 1/16
Thank you so much for updating this oneā€”this one which is an offshoot of Strangers. How many chapters, approximately, do you think it will it be before James reveals all to Annie?
ST-DL chapter 6 . 1/16
I'm just so so happy to see another chapter of this wonderful story. I love Anne & James and the interaction between them. James squirming whenever a reference to magic comes about, Annie being clueless... just perfection. I keep wanting to read more about them, see their story unfold. And with it, the story James wants to unearth. I also get to learn a lot about England and their culture and language, which is an added bonus :)

I can't wait to get to the part when he tells her that Hagrid did come out of the fireplace.
Please, update more!

Estee
Satchit chapter 6 . 1/16
Wonderful to see this story updated. Most HP fanfiction authors seem to be non-British with no understanding of the setting. This is refreshingly accurate.
310 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »