Reviews for James and Me
Satchit chapter 6 . 1/16
Wonderful to see this story updated. Most HP fanfiction authors seem to be non-British with no understanding of the setting. This is refreshingly accurate.
wrappedinharry chapter 5 . 1/15
Hi Neil, long time, no communication. I never read this chapter, a fact I discovered when I got the alert for chapter 6. I reread 4 too, just to get back into the swing, and remembered how much I was enjoying this story.

First of all, I want to comment on just how well you write your female characters...particularly Annie. She's a bit of a hard nut but with a soft centre, which, unfortunately, she keeps well hidden. She will hit first, just in case someone-read James-decides to hurt her first. She's as brittle as drizzled caramel, and is not the easiest character to like. But as she spends more time with James, I hope she will keep softening. If she can get past her wreck of a love life, she might end up being able to function as a strong, indepenent woman who doesn't have to prove she is as tough as any bloke...tougher. She has already stopped swearing like a trooper, though the habit will really be harder to break than tobacco, I think.

As I was saying, you have your female characters, female characteristics down pat...you write them better than many female writers do, so very well done.

I am really looking forward to future revelations from both James and Annie. I am looking forward to both families finding out who each of their children is seeing. I want to know why the families fell out, I know you said in reply to my last review (yes, I went back and read it...it was a long time ago) that you have been dropping hints. I'm usually pretty good at picking up on things like that. I wonder if it is just the fact that the Potters ending up being just a little too out there for the Charltons. Perhaps either Annie or Henry bought home a tale of seeing something just way too weird (weirder even than some of the things they've already seen) at Drakeshaugh and they were finally a little too afraid for their children's safety.

I hate the fact that Harry and James are not on the best of terms with each other...Harry would hate that. And Kirsten,,,what a charmer she is! God, I hope James gets some kind of revnge on her, or at least gets some of his belongings back: most importantly his watch.

I cannot wait to read James' revelation about the existence of the world of magic and him being a wizard. I so hope you continue the story to get that far.

Hope you and your family have been well, Neil.

Lesley
keeptheotherone chapter 6 . 1/15
I'm with Annie-James is definitely not being clear. But I love all the history and knowing what she doesn't, it's fun to watch James squirm :D
ssigerson chapter 6 . 1/15
A really great story. Looking forward to more.
Waited quite awhile for this! An excellent read, love your style of writing and hope to read more soon!
banzi chapter 6 . 1/15
Happy to see an update. I like this story very much. Was sorry to hear about Hagrid. I like James and Annabe.
jmcmutt chapter 6 . 1/15
Enjoyed the update. Interesting seeing how James and Annie are renewing their childhood friendship
potternut190 chapter 6 . 1/15
Another excellent chapter!
Roff chapter 6 . 1/15
Thanks for the update. I love the story so far. Of course, one of my favorites is "Strangers at Drakeshaugh."
JetLaBarge chapter 6 . 1/15
I am very glad you are back. I have always thought you were the best Harry Potter Fan Fiction author out there. I have no idea how good your command of the various British accents are, but I love the way you use them.

I also like the way you are carrying the tale into the next generation. Maybe one day you will even finish some of the first generation stories you have started.

Thank you again.

Jet LaBarge
GinnyPotter6891 chapter 6 . 1/15
I really like this chapter and think I'm almost as excited as James about Peveril Castle. Does the fact that this is about "James and Me" mean we won't find out anything more about the castle? I sure hope not. The lesson on the origins of surnames was most interesting. The chapter was satisfyingly long, too. TFS!
Shalli chapter 6 . 1/15
I think your James Sirius is now officially my favourite character within all your works. Cracking read, and I got to learn something new which makes it even better. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Vexed Eloquence chapter 6 . 1/15
I loved this story, and I can't wait until it gets to the point where James drops the big 'W' bomb.
kaz17 chapter 6 . 1/15
I'm home sick with a cold, so this new chapter has been a pleasant distraction. Really enjoying this story, please update again soon!
pettybureaucrat chapter 6 . 1/15
I'm delighted to see another chapter of this fascinating tale. I assume all the places in the story are real, or almost real. Is there really a Peveril castle? I'm really enjoying the dynamic between James and Annie; I do hope that they keep getting closer and closer. And I'd love to see her kick his arse swimming. Maybe seeing her in a swimming costume will really stoke up his hormones. Again, this was a real treat to find in my inbox.
311 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »