Reviews for Cairns
KB chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Poor Dale. He may have been a geek, but in his heart I think he was a noble spirit. I like to think that his legacy was something big - like a calendar. Beautiful story - thanks!
shestarsky chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Nice tribute to a character that is sometimes overlooked.
Cu Chulainn 1945 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
... What? I just added this to my Rumbelle community on accident XD I meant to put it in my favorites. Um, I really like the sort of ... bleak loveliness this has to it. The sort of bittersweet last moments you have with someone when you know they'll die soon - you captured that wonderfully. And the idea that Dalehenge is revered even by later generations touched my heart. Awesome job.

*carefully clicks on the favorite story box*

There.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
What really amaze me is this whole wonderful world that you inhabit and make it so evocative for us readers. We love these people so much, and we're always curious as to what happened in the alternative timeline. It's really heartbreaking to hear about our Dale dying, but we're hopeful that that the other one is still alive. I remember hearing about the story of why cairns are built and for some reason, it brought tears to my eyes, simply because the very thing is such a powerful acknowledgment to those that were there before us. Well done. I love this! Sad, but not maudlin. Inspiring but not pretentious. Keep up the excellent writings!
Soten-ni-zase chapter 1 . 8/25/2012