Reviews for For Your Entertainment
blterhune chapter 24 . 7/9
I have to be honest, this was really hard for me to get behind. The main character was too Mary Sue for me. Random bits would just jump out and really bother me, like how everyone expects her to be pitch perfect and know how to play every instrument and Coco immediately bonds with Miestro and only Miestro. I also didn't like that Miestro chose Crain over John. I do appreciate that she acknowledged that it isn't love though. It wasn't all bad, or else I wouldn't have finished it. Just remember that it's ok to get characters into situations by coincidence, but never out.
Guest chapter 24 . 11/14/2016
Well, I've finished your story and now its time to write a review, though I'm not sure it will be much use because the fic that you've crafted is just shy of amazing. It's not like there's much to be improved on.

So I'll just use this space to praise your good work, hm?

Maestro was a great a character. I feel like the whole wrestling-with-the-past-keeps-everyone-at-a-distance-spitfire-independent-to-a-fault character troupe is pretty overused but you've crafted her in such a realistic way that she's much more believable than the usual. She was frustrating to read at times, other moments I just wanted to make her some tea and wrap her in a blanket. She was very well rounded, and I found it easy to sympathize with her situation. She's a character that readers can relate to; passionate and strong but still human. Still making mistakes. Still falling for men she knows she cant be with.

Which brings me to my second favorite part of the story, Blake and Crane. While I was rooting for her to be with Blake since chapter five, I will happily sit back and read about her and Crane. I wanted so badly for the vigilante and the detective to be together, but (as you pointed out so beautifully) it just wouldn't work. Blake deserves better than Maestro. She comes with a lot of baggage that I think Blake would want to carry, but that's just not his job. Crane on the other hand, while their relationship would be tumultuous, would be a better (read: wonderfully chaotic) fit. Blake and Maestro is a fantasy relationship, her and Crane is a nightmare. Both are achingly beautiful and I find myself torn between the two. The scene where Blake finds Maestro after she escapes and helps stitch her up was perhaps my favorite; it was the start of deep friendship, one I think Maestro was in need of. Alternatively, the scene where she tells Crane her real name. Both scenes/chapters only reiterate to us readers how different these two men are for Maestro. The symbolism you played with her name, her most guarded secret, was very well executed. I hated when she gave it us.

Onto the Young. I've never thought it was very easy writing kids, or even teenagers. I think adults sometimes forget how adult-like young kids can be, and tend to write them silly and immature. But your kids were (like all the other characters) so believable. The death of Stiches was sad, but I felt a bit more sympathy for Matchstick. Her flashbacks really helped to make her character more memorable, and not just a device to help make the plot more interesting (something I would have done with a traitor) so I applaud you for that. Scouts relationship with Gordon was a nice touch. Savvy and Jazz were great too.

The symbolism with her mask, Batman, her mother, her fears, and everything else you intertwined with Maestro's story made this fic so interesting. That's an element I think gets missed a lot in fanfiction. Writers work on crafting an interesting plot that they forget about substance (again, guilty) and end up with a very one sided, cliched story. No matter how interesting plots are, or how well its written, stories will fall through if they don't have support from other elements of writing. Readers need symbolism, they need motifs, whether or not they realize it. It's what gives stories that je ne sais quoi that pulls a reader to a fic. And you, my friend, have that.

A side note, I appreciate the lack of swear words in your story.

Whether your have a natural talent, or you poured over your chapters for countless hours to get them right, you have created a story that would fit right into the likes of Nolan's universe. You're very good at writing, are you planning on pursuing it as a career or just doing it as a hobby? Either way, you should keep up with it. I realize this is just fanfiction, but you have over 400 reviews praising your work so you must be doing something right.

I look forward to reading the next installment!
TheDayDreamingWriter chapter 6 . 5/24/2016
I have lost count how many times I've read this story. It's got to be at least a dozen times, honestly. It is just so damn amazing, and I have such a huge love for your writing style. It's so descriptive, but not too heavy, and it has humour and drama and suspense, all conveyed as well as any published best seller. You really have a talent.
FangirlintheForest chapter 24 . 10/11/2015
You know you've got it bad when you want to write FANFICTION about fanfiction! I've been obsessing over this fic for like 3 days now! This has got to be the best Fanfiction I have ever read. Period.

Everyone is completely in character and everything about the plot makes sense. I never second guessed anything that happened, and it all flowed very smoothly.

Normally people HATE love triangles but I ate this one up every step of the way. It even made sense and I love how you explained that Maestro chose Jonathan. (I WILL NEVER SHIP HIM WITH ANYONE ELSE BESIDES HER EVER AGAIN my otp foreverrrr)

Just, kudos to you for writing this superb fic that I will never be over ever in a million years...lol
Mciky chapter 24 . 8/9/2015
This is such a beutifull ,amazing,incredible, story, and this words doesnt even cover anything of the maginifent of this story. thank you so much for sharing this with us you have a beutifull talent . Its incredible

AngelxPhoenix chapter 24 . 7/26/2015
Ok, I've spent all weekend cooking up a nice, long review, and here goes! This was so. Freaking. Awesome! I'm gonna start off with Maestro because I loved her so much. She was so likeable right away, her devotion to her city and her Young, and it was fascinating and gut-wrenching to watch her wrestle with the demons in her past. I got such a good vibe from her, I feel like I want to hang out with her, if she'd accept the company. Her love of music was really cool, too. Reminds me of another masked, reclusive composer I know...and I love that she plays the violin!

Crane next, because he was such a good...whatever he was. It doesn't feel right to call him a villain, though he definitely has those qualities in surplus. He was just...*shivers* And I loved every second of it. Creepy, menacing, fascinating, and distinctly alluring. I never knew what he was going to do next, and while he kinda scared me (Master of Fear, and all that), he was also so...O_O Know what I mean? I can't get over what an incredible job you did with him.

Mixed stuff now. You kept the canon characters in character, which I appreciate, you added some pretty righteous characters of your own; I'm a fan of Scout in particular. You folded your story into the timeline of the movie so well it's going to be easy to watch it again and imagine this going on alongside it. And YES, that was a much better death scene for Talia. I'm going to pretend that's what really happened from now on. LOL

Give yourself an enormous round of applause from me! You set the bar high for any future Batman fanfiction I read from this moment on. Everything else will be compared to FYE. High five!
lostiesgirl chapter 24 . 6/25/2015
This story is truly amazing.

From the first chapter I was hooked. There are so many great things about it that people had probably said of.

First off, it's very pleasing to the eye. No excessive misspelled words, or swears. Punctuation's all good.

Second, how three dimentional your OC were. Even Matchsticks, who could been just a token prop character has a good few flashbacks to her. How they had grown throughout the story.

Third, the way you build up on the themes of the movie; the identity issue, fighting the monster makes you one, and orphans dealing with their pain.

It is one of the better stories that I've read with OC in the greater fanfic realm, and the best one I've read in this category.
SweetSouthernSass chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
I just want to tell you that I adore your story and your OC! It's so creative and original, the storyline and all you've come up with. I'm new to reading this fandom (I love OC's too! Haha) and so I was just scrolling through and clicking what looked interesting. You had be hooked by the second chapter. This is the first Crane/OC story I've ever read, and I've got a new soft spot for the bad guy. Can't wait to move on to the next story!
Random Citizen chapter 24 . 3/22/2015
*I would suggest reading the following only if you have the time and patience for some fairly extreme fan-girling*

I would like to begin by saying (or writing, rather) that you have made a trying time in my life at least a little easier. It may seem foolish to some, but I tend to lean very hard on the stories in this site, and I have to say that yours has provided the most comfortable of crutches. Simply, your story made me feel very, very content. The ending is wonderful (I see that you put a sequel up, one that I will be sure to read), the setting and plot are believable and fun, but what really made this story for me are the characters.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like Maestro (whose name I had initially guessed as Jay/Jae, but Wren is equally as fitting), but she was so... fun. Scout is adorable, and I -felt- something when Stitches died. In fact, all of your characters were so delightfully REAL (Matchsticks story really stuck with me, and I admire her strange, insane courage). And your nicknames were an amazingly balance between predictable and creative that was deliciously delightful.

In short, this was an excellently spun story, with the perfect balance of action (which you describe amazingly well), detail, and, obviously, emotion. Your writing style is familiar enough to read easily, but has enough of yourself to pull the reader into it.

My dear, you should write novels.

Sincerely,
some person who admires you
(really, my name doesn't matter- this review is about YOU and YOUR AWESOMENESS)

p.s. I am so glad she ended up with Crane. John is equally as deserving, but he seems more fit for someone with a little less baggage (he deserves a break, at least for awhile((I don't know what you're planning in the sequel))).

p.p.s. I apologize for my poor writing, I know it pales in comparison with yours. But know that I deeply admire you and your skills!
PlaidPajamas01 chapter 24 . 2/23/2015
My lord was that a wonderful story! Man oh man I absolutely loved that! I don't really have the words to accurately describe how I'm feeling after reading this. There were moments where I cried while reading this. There were moments when I couldn't help but laugh. It was just so wonderful and original and I'll never forget this story.
TheOneWhoRulesThemAll chapter 24 . 2/5/2015
This was fantastic! I guess it doesn't have that many reviews because of the copious amounts of OCs but I personally love them! This is the first well written fanfiction I've found in a long time and definitely one of say . . . three that has been able to keep my attention longer than 110K words. I congratulate you on such good character development, the way you somehow made her choice of Crane feasible and your presentation of what went on during those months Gotham was under siege. All together, it made for an exciting read that kept me from human interaction for the past three days (except for the obligation of school and the occasional distraction of homework). I can't tell you the amount of times I squealed when Crane appeared or shouted Wren on during her fights. It made my days better. I have so many ideas for my own stories now.

Thank you for the story. I loved it.

P.S. Rococo was my favourite character. Now, on to the sequel!
TheDayDreamingWriter chapter 24 . 9/30/2014
This is my second time reading this in two weeks, there is literally nothing about this story I don't like. It's fantastic and definitely one of my absolute favourites!
Amy chapter 24 . 9/27/2014
This is fantastic, You are fantastic, this has immediately become my favourite fic.
ivegotpurple chapter 8 . 9/3/2014
I just want to say that this story is intriguing so far and I having fun reading it. But I want to point out that an octave is a very noticeable difference...think the doe ray me fa so la ti doe. The first doe is an octave lower than the second, very noticeable. You might want to say his voice lowered a half step, which implies, for example, going from a D to a D flat (on a piano, a white key then then black key to it's left) which would be harder to differentiate.
ClockworkDoll chapter 24 . 8/30/2014
I will never be able to describe how amazing this story is. The Maestro is such a perfectly-formed character that she is completely /human/ which is impressive because not many OCs are - heck, not many characters, in general, are. Your story is beautifully written, the canon characters are in character and - above all else - your characters are /relatable/. There are not many stories that I form an emotional attachment, but this is one of them. It will always be something close to my heart - that sounds childish and stupid, but it's true.

Thank you for writing such a beautiful masterpiece - even if it caused the emotional damn to break (yeah, the final chapter brought me to tears - I admit it).

All the best,