Reviews for Out of the Ashes
Nic Coay chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
This story started out very well and was quite interesting and unique, but by the end it had devolved into a strange and bizarre series of unexpected events. Both Maleficent and Aurora were so wildly out of character by the last half of the story, that it felt like the first half (which was rather good) was written by someone else entirely. Aurora had little reason to hate Phillip and even less reason to curse her mother with such over-the-top cruelty for a lapse in judgement she made several years ago. It simply made no sense at all.
carriemarie78 chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
Love
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
Good. Beautiful. Great.
Spatterson chapter 1 . 12/30/2012
Oh my goodness! Maleficent sick, Aurora knowing magic and visiting her, Phillip turned down, and Aurora now evil?! This is so amazing. I'm impressed. Good work!
AimForTheJugular chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
Hi! Just wanted to say that I really love this story! I've probably read it like twelve times already. Are you gonna add more to it?
Data Seeker chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I don’t like this story. But for the record, just because I don’t like something doesn’t make it bad. It has good points to it.

The quality is good in many areas; good narration, interaction, dialog, suspense, drama and emotion.

A few areas in the paragraphs and details need work. And the length chapter is a major improvement. Good job.

The characters have depth, complexity and scope, though they feel…slightly OOC due to the way you set up the AU.

The basic story has complexity and detail, though its grim, dark and tragic with Aurora joining the dark side and all.

This is what I think of the wholesome standards.

The language is clean.
Nothing is suggestively offensive, and you handled mature references well (THANK YOU).
No extreme violence or any other vile content. Also, thanks for not using SLASH.
I am dubious about one area. The concepts of good and evil are very ambiguous in your story, so its hard to tell what your promoting or condemning.

As I said, just because I don’t like something doesn’t mean its bad. God bless.

Data Seeker
whitetigerwolf chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Wonderful, though it makes me wonder what Aurora would be like if raised by Maleficent from the start.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
awwwww! its beautiful
drippingwithsin chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Awww I loved this story...It was so sweet