Reviews for The Long Game
HPMARIE chapter 68 . 8/9
Oh my god, you're a wonderful writer! I cried and laughed while reading this story, I'm glad I was alone or people would have thought me crazy :)
perhaps something that looks good with green (loki), contrasts but doesn't clash.
NorthernMage chapter 68 . 6/12
...I don't even know what to say.

This fanfic is probably the longest I've read by about 30,000 words.

And it's amazing! I mean, I loved the way the characters were portrayed. Loki was a lot less mischievious than I expected, but it's actually perfectly justified. I'd never read much about Sigyn, so she was a welcome surprise, and Thor...well, I think what you've done with him is fine. Had he realised that Odin wanted him to become merciful, he would've come home. But, he still thinks that defeating enemies and killing them is the answer. His anger about Sigyn, though...well, he didn't exactly deserve her and he just acts like she belongs to him.

While I skipped a lot of chapter 50, that's more due to the fact I just don't read scenes like that.

I'm definitely going to go read the next story!

Loved this!
theFGnat chapter 68 . 6/11
Geat story! I absolutely loved it and I'm looking foward to the sequel! :D
luna chapter 68 . 5/10
A fantastic work that skillfully weaves mythology with the Thor universe! This has been an absolute joy to read and I regret that it is over so soon. Even knowing a sequel is in the works is not enough to erase the sting and sadness of the end of such a beautiful work.

Daring to reach to the highest heights, you have created a fascinating multi-faceted world rich in culture and personality that has some how balanced the idea of a wounded, mischievous, Loki with a dubiously affable Thor in a way that feels natural and not offensive even to a Thor lover. Furthermore, you have dared to go beyond the confines of the tibits given in the movies and comics, to create people that are real, full of suffering, joys, and hopes, each with their own good and evil aspects that the world has been previously lacking.

Bravo! And I beg you, please do not make me wait long for more in the sequel! I couldn't bare it!
Kirlial chapter 68 . 4/22
Hey this was a great story! I read the whole thing and it consistently interesting. I guess my only complaint is that Thor didn't really seem to grow very much but then it is Loki's story. I liked how you laid out the politics of the worlds and of Asgard.
Amazing, amazing story! A work as grand as this deserves a long and detailed review but I'm afraid I'm mostly speechless. And hungry. I've read the whole story in seven hours without taking a break, so captivated was I. I really, Really hope you'll write a sequel!
Kudos
mayfire21 chapter 56 . 2/23
If you ever become a novelist please tell me about it
Sudoku.Music.Banana chapter 68 . 1/21
Well that was.. eventful. I have no words. Sequel status? Hoping we'll see one soon! Oh, & Dead Letters on AO3? Not too sentimental.
royuki chapter 68 . 1/12
This is a great fic! I'm so impressed by how you plotted everything out and kept everyone so in character. I can't wait for the sequel.
I hope to see the sequel up soon. No pressure, it's just such a great story I would love to read more. I know you're probably busy with life, so whenever you get the chance to it. Mostly I just hope to see Loki and Thor eventually reconciling, but most importantly I can't wait for Loki's family to be all reunited and Loki and Sigyn to finally be together.
Thanks so much for writing this, you've written such a great Loki fic it's a gift to the Loki fandom.
inginuyasha chapter 68 . 12/31/2014
You are brilliant, your story is brilliant, and I can't wait to read the sequel :)
NoToLogins chapter 68 . 12/20/2014
So I've started reading this story thinking "Oh well, this story has an OC as one of the main characters, there is no way it would be even half as interesting as stories without an OC. But I must give it a try, it has Loki on the throne. In one-two chapters I'll see that this is nothing special, and abandon reading..."
I. Never. Was. So. Wrong!

Why didn't you warn that this story has such lovely humour? I had to use pillows to muffle myself each time I encountered it! When Loki wanted to eat Ravens it was cute and kinda funny and I thought "oh well, that's a one time thing", but then there was Kvasir muttering "Oh good, he has a plan.", and Thor with his goats, and after this there seemed to be no end to these comical moments! I loved them.

Why didn't you warn that this story is filled with such epic moments? My absolute favourite was Loki getting Mjölnir. These scenes often were so charged with foreboding, I thought I'd die if I stopped reading before knowing the results.
The world there seems to have only one goal - make Loki's life as full with fiasco as possible. There seems to be no moment when everything is all right for him and there wouldn't brew even more devastating threat at the same time. Poor poor poor His Majesty Loki. I hope now that Norns have promised not to touch Loki and his family, the world would lay off. A little. Sometimes. It is amazing that Loki seems to win these encounters with the cruel world.

I'm so glad he got his kids back! And without these awful memories too. I'm really looking forward to seeing them begin to grow up while being princes! Loki's overreaction to his boys being "unsafe" was very endearing. Though I was surprised that he would spiral down to his scared by Angrboda self - I was so sure that gods minds are much, unbelievably much stronger than humans minds (then again he DID come out of his room). I don't know where I've got that "minds stronger than humans" from, that surely would affect their sentiments. Anyway, that Loki seems to be delicate makes this story vastly more interesting. I love how he may be so insecure (especially at the beginning of his rule) and gentle. I was very surprised to see Loki who is so not-cruel.

Romance in this story is...romantic. I would've been all "stop this OOC nonsense, it is too sweet and where are explosives and some actual plot!?" - only this story has enough explosions, plot is so thick I could barely take a breath before something happened again, and sweetness of this true romance can barely survive in the depravity of Asgard and is pretty much bittersweet. And still this story is so romantic, it should be nauseous only it is not, and makes me love the pairing so much, I want to read all the fanfics with Loki&Sigyn.

It took me shamefully long to understand why there are Ey and Svana, and how many of each there are, and what is so different between them that they aren't all called Ey or Svana... The explanation was very much appreciated. And it was quite interesting to see what life Sigyn leads. The bomb Ey dropped when they've said "Mikilfengleg Kona… we know you've been having an affair with King Loki." was beyond shocking!

I'm SO glad that Kvasir didn't go to part with his head the moment Loki returned. He really helped him. I get all teary-eyed just thinking of the old man. Sverrir also is a fine OC, but there are only hints on his history with Loki - which I would've liked to see very much. I have no idea how he could have grown in Asgard, and be so feminist. Also, pranks with him seem like such a fun! Please, write something about him in your collection of oneshots.

I loved scenes from the Earth, but they are quite confusing to me. Why did SHIELD listen to Loki? What was Loki thinking, making such request? Why, when SHIELD stopped listening to
Loki, he didn't do anything? I doubt he really was so busy that he didn't check on Thor even once. But maybe he was. Or he thinks something else now about Thor being an agent. I don't know. Argh! This is so frustrating! Did Loki really want to help Thor with his actions? Does he want to help Thor now? Will he see Thor watching Sigyn's recordings? Will he summon them to himself? What would be Thor's reaction to the recordings on the long run? I really hope he would come around and stop being angry at Loki.
Oh, and wait till Jane hears about Sigyn!
I was pleasantly surprised that Captain and Thor don't get along. They are usually considered natural allies.
And I am totally, completely not able to comprehend explanation about Thors goats : "They had been Thor's pets for centuries, they pulled his chariot, and when he had had his own Aesir magic, they had fed him."
They. Fed. Him. And - a chariot with goats? Princes chariot? With goats? Thor has magic, by himself, does not he? What the ? I think it calls for its own chapter in the "A Long Life". Or was it a call to go and read actual Norse mythology? Someday I will. Probably.

As a result of finding all these wonderful chapters you have written, I've spent most of this week stuck to my phone, unable to stop reading - and rereading particularly enchanting pieces in the chapters - unable even to get up to go to the institution to see what happens with my exams until I've read the story till the end. Now I'm hungry, I don't know what marks I've got and what is still needed from me, but I'm extremely happy that I've read this story. Wouldn't exchange it for anything. Just remembering all that happened in "The Long Game" makes me grin like crazy. Thank you very much for writing this story! I enjoyed it very much.

There are still so many unanswered questions (and Loki still didn't show what a silver Gungnir can do!) I could spend days just listing them. I really hope to see more to this fanfic.
Or its sequel, as it seems to be.
(Many, many, many new chapters in "No More Shall We Play" - that is totally going to be my Cristhmas, New Year, and Birthday wish.)

I wish you merry Christmas and happy New Year! And a productive in 2015 year. )
1CharmedPhoenix chapter 68 . 12/11/2014
There are no words that I can use to describe the brilliance of this story. I am really so anxious to see how far you've come along for the sequel. Thank you so much for gifting us with this awesome story.
Amalthia chapter 68 . 12/6/2014
Your story was a joy to read. I loved the character voices, the plot, the concept, and seeing how Loki handled the responsibility of being king. Loki and how his kids came to be broke my heart. I could not put your story down. The ending was awesome and I look forward to the sequel.
Khaleesi Cosima Laufeyson chapter 68 . 12/5/2014