Reviews for The Long Game
AncientDoom chapter 1 . 1/6
Just finished reading it and I had trouble putting it down the entire time.

The only bad thing is that something bittersweet like this probably shouldn't be read while you are dealing with stuff you are trying to NOT be nervous about, and the suspense of the drama just means no sleep and in the end it just means you are more nervous about what you were trying to get your mind off to begin with.

Yeah, lets not get into that.

The writing is very well done. Its professionally written to the extent that I actually haven't seen a single grammar error. I might have found 1-2 spelling errors that left me confused or moments where there were too many "hes" and "shees" at once, but in a 360k story, thats damn impressive.

Yet it is also not so professional that you feel it is one of those best sellers that have no personality or personal style just to appeal to the general masses. This has a very intense writing style that brings out the drama and inner workings of Loki (God help us all... like that is what we need.)

I fell in love with each and every character, and would like nothing more than for Sigyn to see Fenrir, for Loki to apologize to Sif/Thor for a lifetime of lies that has resulted in them being unable to trust him, and for them to apologize back for doubting him... and for Thor to get his head out of his royal ass. I think you have hit his personality on the head. If Loki hadn't nearly destroyed his heart in canon to cause him to humble himself, he would have been the way you are portaying.

Although, Loki LETTING Sif, a woman who would, merely by her presence, have a negative influence on Loki's perceived character around Thor, when he feels alone and confused... Yeah. Loki probably should have allowed a more neutral person to be with him.

Whether Odin lives or dies, whether he is reconciled with Loki or not, doesn't really matter to me. Thats not the emphasis of the story, and he has had a good long life. I just hope Odin gets to see his grandchildren before he dies.
Alliprince chapter 57 . 11/18/2016
Omigosh DID YOU KILL HIEMDALL?!
Alliprince chapter 39 . 11/18/2016
Omigosh! HE was the one who killed her?!
Alliprince chapter 26 . 11/17/2016

Ow... my heart...
Alliprince chapter 8 . 11/17/2016
This is amazing and I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love it! But I will try, so here is a list of why your story is so great.

1. You totally planned the chapters. There's no way you could NOT have planned the plot out. Unless you're just truly brilliant. But the point is I'm loving the plot.

2. You have changed the events of Thor ever so slightly that I believe it is possible to actually happen. Well done!

3. Characters are all in character, so that's a big plus!

4. Sygin and Loki's daily messages. I don't need to say anymore. But I will because HOLY COW I DIDN'T SHIP THEM BEFORE THIS FIC AND NOW I SHIP THEM SO HARD LIKE HOW DID YOU DO THIS TO ME?!

5. You show Loki's emotions so well it's almost like you actually created him. You def. Understand him :)

6. I was suddenly put in charge of 7 children today (I got a big family) and to be frank, I felt exactly how you portrayed Loki feeling when he was put on the throne. It truly helped me get through the day and solve any squabbles that came up and deal with the anger of a child when they don't get their way. Thank you.

So, in conclusion, this is a great story and I am so happy theirs 60 chapters imma read them all!

-Alliprince
mybonded chapter 2 . 10/19/2016
So, I started reading the sequel to this story which I enjoyed. But, I stooped at the second chapter to start this one. Great creativity. Can't wait to read both. I just can't beleave I never read this yet...I don't think anyway.
Glitter Queen chapter 37 . 10/14/2016
I just came across this story and I must say you write a great, great concise, character-driven story. The characters are so well written that I envision each one as if I am in the room with them. Oh, Loki, how you have made him so beautiful, fractured, conflicted and transformed! Sigyn is just as conflicted to her duty as a Princess and wanting her independence.
So many stories written having Loki as full Jotun and here you come along making him half Vanir and what a way to be born! The mother is Vanir married to Laufey (physically how that works out?) boggles the mind, and then to carry Loki for 55years and to use his seidr to make the Casket of Ancient Winters. Wow?
Angrboda was BAD no matter who writes about her. What she did with her children, awful mother. Do need to know what happened in the years that Loki was missing from Asgard when he was a teenager, was he with Angrboda? I didn't read an explanation of that time.
Since I'm only at chapter 37 I can't wait to see what you come up with next. I want to see Loki's new powers really shine. I love long stories, because more thought is put into the plot line. Hope you write another wonderful Loki story.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2016
Awwww! I lived it!
Monkey Typewriter chapter 59 . 8/15/2016
This story is good, but damn, I really hate Sverrir. He's self-righteous, 100% a boot lick despite his words to the contrary, and loves laying the blame for all the evils at the feet of the classical warriors.
Still though, it's a good read, I I ignore Sverrir.
kristen.skillen.5 chapter 68 . 8/2/2016
THIS WAS THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO ME AND I CANT EVEN BREATH RIGHT AT THE MOMENT!
DO THEY FIND EACH OTHE ROMG THEY FRICKING BETTER THEYRE SO PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER I WANT MORE MY SHIP NY PRECIOUS SHIP OMG OMG OMG SJAKVDKEVDMS CSKLEBEKFHQGDJS WPDSOSHWHJSJSH
anonymoose chapter 50 . 7/1/2016
So he just... Jizzed... In his pants
CurdledMilkk chapter 26 . 6/30/2016
AAAAAAHHH THE FEEEEEEEEELS
Doclover chapter 68 . 6/7/2016
:) loved the stoRy it was amazing it took me like 3weeks to read it all but I enjoyed every minute of it
Crazy909 chapter 68 . 2/6/2016
Love this! It's interesting and well thought out. I like that we see Asgards problems on Asgard rather than through another. The way thet Thor and Loki are having trouble with each other rather than just forgiving each other is great. The twists and different linking parts are shown easily. Loki's famiy is an awesome confusing and very sad mess, I really like how it's portrayed and how all have to give reasons for how they are- not making themself the hero, or justifying themselves; but there is reasoning (even if it's family revenge).
I like all the Norse Mythology thrown in. This story is definetley a fav.
Almecestris chapter 48 . 11/1/2015
Who is connected to the Storm Giant? I CAN'T WAIT.
1,136 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »