Reviews for Traveler
Noxlux013 chapter 43 . 4h
Well, damn. I found this story a few days ago and put aside practically everything to focus solely on getting caught up. In hindsight, probably not the best way to read a million word piece of literature.

I really don’t have the time or the space to go into everything I like about this, which is a shame. I loved the slow burn; the small hints at aura, the gradual reveal of the Birds. It gave them a sense of majesty I’ve not experienced ever before. I enjoyed the buildup of legendary appearances, yet at the same time, something felt missing. And I feel you’ve hit the nail on the head: character development was falling to the wayside. Ash’s team was starting to feel more like simply a strong group of pokemon put together for the sole purpose of battle, not the Brothers and Sisters they should be. I’m glad that you noticed it, I only did because I sped through to catch up.

I can’t wait to see what you do from here on. Will Ash get a hobby? Will he connect with Spencer and Molly? Will he be able to help his Mom now that she has the memories of two distinctly different lives? Will he learn more about Aura now that it’s been named? Will he finally learn control from Steven? These are just a few questions I hope will be answered soon.

Good luck and stay safe until next time.
Koshiro Unohana chapter 1 . 10h
Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 43 . 17h
Holy shit. This chapter more than satisfied me. I haven’t been on this site for a few months, but when I saw you updated I had to come back. I cannot wait to see what you have planned for the future of this story. Good luck with your final semester.
tsun chapter 43 . 9/22
this chapter... is good? okay to be honest. too long and while it has that awe affect。it's hard to read. I stopped most of the time and it was delayed and stretch for long before I finished it. I saw it the moment when it was mailed in my email as an update but when I read the few lines and read/daw that it's a continuation of the previews chapter (that I already forgot and need to reread) i stopped and just read some other story.

its cool and all but it's not my most favorite part. I like the lugia arc more. here, ash is too emotional and can't think straight. too much impulsive th a it cause more trouble than solve the problem. its annoying.

but cheers. for 1 M words.

magnificent story.
ShadowPhyr chapter 43 . 9/21
I could not believe when I saw an update for this story, it is one of my favorites. I am totally on board with sitter chapters and more updates but honestly speaking, as long as it is going to be updated at all is enough for me. really looking forward to the reveals you mentioned here to hoping it's a mega evolution! or some other power up.
arckane chapter 2 . 9/21
Not to be a asshole but i just skip the parts of jonathon and the girl no one cares about what they do just write about ash
SnakeGear chapter 43 . 9/21
I loved this chapter, especially how you portrayed the Unown, and how they altered reality and even created reality.

I'm a little surprised that Ash cuestioned Lance's judgement and his mother's, ultimately going for what he thought best. That alone speaks of incredible growth and confidence, and even if he has been the one to fix the messes of the legendaries, going directly against Lance can bring concequences for Ash.

In another note, Ash is less and less of a human with each disaster that happens, I mean, he is connected very strongly to 4 legends, the song of another is always with him, has traces of another, can assume control of a group of legendaries, and now is connected in some way to Molly. I'm starting to worry that Ash is each time less of himself because of his connections to other entities and Molly, but maybe I should be happy, Molly is at least human.

I'm really curious about how the persons that got mind controlled by the crystal are going to deal with the aftermath of this disaster.

In that note, I'm a little confused that Ash came to the conclusion that nothing could help Delia, because if you have the power to create a reality, I think that erasing a few memories, or helping to separate a set of memories from another, so Delia can know wich set is the real one, sounds easy in comparison, but then again, maybe it's just that Ash didn't want the Unkown messing with his mother's head again, or I'm just underestimating the complexity of neuroscience.

Last but not least, while I haven't really noticed before, you (and your other reviewers) are right that you have elaborated a lot more regarding the legends in comparison with others characters. While this haven't been a problem with me, it would be very satisfying that you develop more Ash and his team, because while they are not shallow or uninteresting, they are rather simple. While this is not a bad thing per se, complex characters, at least in my opinion, make a story much more interesting. Like they say, hindsight is 20/20, but I consider focusing in Ash and the team a fantastic idea for the story.

A great chapter and I can't wait for more.
woodxvii chapter 43 . 9/21
Kudos to delia for being the one to call out lance. I feel like they all often forget that ash is only 12, dont get me wrong I love lances bombastic personality but hes too used to getting his way. Ash should being seeing licensed psychiatrists for this shit hes gone through. It's weird that the mountains of trauma hes accumulated goes mostly ignored by his peers and betters, even they dont know about most of what hes seen the barest details of his travels should be cause for concern I'd think, enough for a cursory examination at the least
God damn that was an amazing chapter. I loved it. Update soon please
foxsadist712 chapter 43 . 9/20
I liked this chapter, and I am glad to see another update from this story at all. But I am ready for the story to go back to a tale of Ash, his team, and their journey, and less about the various Legends that inhabit their world. It truly does feel like all the chapters involving Legendaries belong in an entirely separate story, because the only connection they seem to have to the rest of the story is whenever one of the characters appears again like at the Conference, or whenever Ash feels a flash of power left behind by them. I for one am more interested in Ash's path to Pokemon Mastery, and the team he will have backing him up when he gets there.

And seriously, it's good to hear from you again. I hope there is more coming soon.
BigBlimpin chapter 43 . 9/19
One of the best, most original Pokémon fics I've ever read. I've never liked Ash's portrayal both in the show and on this site, but you've made him both believable and interesting to read. I actually want to root for him for the first time. Great job!
The Trainer of Legend chapter 43 . 9/19
Wow, where to begin lol. It’s absolutely fantastic to see that you’re back with an update. The wait has been grueling, but I respected your dedication to making this chapter perfect and handling real world stuff first.

In terms of the chapter, I have always preferred the regular adventure arcs over the Legendary Arcs, but this one has made me appreciate them more. The detail and imagery in this chapter was astounding. I really could imagine the effects the Unown were having on the world and it made the chapter extremely immersive.

I think this chapter was excellent for character development. We saw Ash’s wit as he tried to work his way around each obstacle that the Unown or Molly threw his way. Also we saw his struggle with power when he absorbed the Potential of the Unown. Defining the Unown as Potential was a beautiful touch by the way. Also we saw him really get in touch with the forces inside his body from the Legendaries. I can’t wait to see more of that. Delia and Lance also had some growth here. We saw the negative side of Lances power driven mind and we finally saw Delia show her grievances against the League and what they have done to her son. I’m interested to see the interactions with Ash and these two characters in the next chapter.

The lore of the Traveler world was really revealed in this chapter. The explanation of the effects of distortion energy and dark type energy was really cool and I hope to see more of that knowledge shown in training and how Ash can use it to hone more dangerous techniques and make his team stronger. The visions that Ash saw were really well done. Some being ambiguous and some being blatantly obvious really kept me engaged. Hopefully all of those visions will be explored at some point down the line.

Finally I’m excited to get back to what we all love most about Traveler, traveling ,exploring, training, and battling. I’m really excited to see the interactions between Ash and his team again it’s been a while and there are some areas of interest that are bound to come up soon. Examples being Oz’s true intergration with the team, Bruiser’s evolution, Sneasel’s nickname, and the introduction of Anorith. Also I really wanna see Ash meet and battle some new strong trainers that are more on his level rather than getting curb stomped by Steven and other Master level trainers haha. Hopefully we’ll see more of Jacqueline Durand soon because I found her introduction extremely interesting and really like her character so far. And thank you for the Cynthia cameo, I’ve been waiting years to see your interpretation of her so hopefully that will come soon( fingers crossed).

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!
The Whimsical Ermine chapter 43 . 9/18
I like how you ended that. I look forward to your plans for this
Chaos537 chapter 43 . 9/18
I won't lie I really was debating about not reading this chapter because like you said the story used to be about Ash and his team and stuff but now it's more focused on the legendaries which is cool and all but it's kind of a chore to read but I'm glad that you won't do a legendary event for awhile. I kind of knew that Ash would lock the power away and not give it to the league because they can get corrupted and stuff but it's still interesting. Don't sweat it about not updating because it's your life and I can understand how life gets busy and stuff but until next time good luck in your final semester.
Goldenyoshistar1 chapter 43 . 9/18
I think this story is difficult to compare to the many other pokemon stories with Ash not starting with Pikachu. However, this story is the best one that starts Ash with a different Pokemon besides the one with Ash starting with a Riolu. Honestly there are 4 Pokemon Ash could start with on his Journey, and that is Pikachu, Charmander, Riolu, and Froakie. However, I can definitely say that Nidoran can be added onto the list. Mewtwo is definitely an interesting character and does it seem possible that Gary, Amelia, and Johnathan would accidentally meet up with Mewtwo? (I've noticed that alot of the Pokemon Movies don't really show actual proof of happening in the time of the Pokemon Games, except for the Mewtwo Movie.)
The Crystal Entei battling against the real Entei, Raikou, and Suicune is very cool. I do wonder how the Celebi event would even occur with Ash in Hoenn. Either way, great story.
5,178 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »