Reviews for A Man of Few Words
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Eeeeeee another Charlie/Katie!

This was amazing because I felt that it fits in really well with Charlie's character and I loved the bit where he was showing her his scars or imperfections, as it were. It was just so overwhelmingly adorable. *squee*
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
This was very good. I like the way you write Charlie a lot - you do a good job of fleshing out his character based on what we see of him in the books :)
AmzyD chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Aww, I love this, very sweet!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 9/21/2012
Aw, so cute! I love this, especially the reference to the necklace which I didn't get at first but then was all "OMIGOSH I GOT IT" XDD awesome job!
Ralinde chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I like that you kept the notion of speaking without words troughout the story and you had some wonderful imagery going on. I also liked the mention of the opals, it's always nice when someone takes little moments of canon and incorporate them like this. Well done!
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
"Diamonds may be forever, but opals cut deep, and to be honest, she's still petrified."

That was such a brilliant line. It just spoke volumes to me. This was a fabulous piece of writing which was deep and which I thoroughly enjoyed.
the lola chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
I like how fleshed out Charlies character is - this makes sense, being of few words most the time. I love the comparisons between the two of them, they seem so perfect the way you write them. I loved the last line - aw! Adorable. I like that it had no dialogue, too, it was fitting.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Oh my goodness. There are no words to describe how much I love this. I LOVE the part about scars and I love Charlie Weasley and the way you have written him. Absolutely incredible :)
whatpassesformymind chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Yay Charlie :) I loved this story!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
This was great! Again, I don't ship the pairing but I love how you've written them. Charlie seems very in-character, I can definitely picture him being a man of few words unless he's asked about dragons, then he'll just talk on and on and on. I like the way you characterize Katie as well, how she's confident and fiery and a fighter, because I see her written in so many different ways. It's nicely-written, also, no SPaG errors. The last sentence is really adorable! I really like how you're writing about how Charlie is a man of few words and there's no dialogue in here - that just fits together really smoothly, I love that. Haha, I can definitely picture Charlie preferring pissed off dragons to emotional girls, that definitely seems like something he'd think. Nice job!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
This is awesome. I think you've done the dragon/Katie comparison before, but it works so well, and I really like the way you drag it out in this one. I love the sentence about diamonds and opals, as well as every other sentence... but that one especially. Your characterizations of Katie and Charlie are excellent and this is just so fluffy and awesome. :) Well done!
opaque-girl chapter 1 . 9/7/2012
I LOVED THE LAST LINE! :3 OMGGGG It was so sweet.. I loved it :) I thought it rounded off this fic perfectly and it was just WOW!
cherryredxx chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Cuuuuute.

It's rather refreshing to read a story that is devoid of dialogue because I think so many people depend on it to tell a story. It's definitely interesting, but I think to be a good author, you need to be able to tell a story using narration, also. Beautiful imagery and analogies here, and very high emotion - all of which I can appreciate.

As always, darling, I enjoy your work :).
l0stinl0ve chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
I love this. I like your 2nd paragraph, a lot. And I can't put into words why.

"He can't tame girls the way he can tame dragons" Now isn't that the truth?

"Opals cut deep" kudos for bringing that in, and in such a way.

"Scars tell stories" "the beauty of imperfection"

This is just very quote worthy.
Louey06 chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
For that last libe you deserve a few good "aww's" Super duper cuteness right there. I loved the metaphor (Or was it a metaphor really?) with the dragon. How with just a look in the eye they can see what a person/s like. I like that the idea that charlie learns about things from his dragons. They give him more than just burns. This was very good you did a nice job with explaining Charlie and Katies relationship in a fairly short amount of time. Nice work!