Reviews for A Brother First
Teachergra chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
I have decided I will stop reading anything altogether that you have not written ... Even my textbooks. I don't think that'll sit well with my professors now that I'm working on my master's degree but just as when I was working on my bachelor's degree that never stopped me from reading your work! This story is just like a breath of fresh air. Never retire! Thank you!
masondixon chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
I loved this story. I always marvel at how naturally you are able to write stories from the early seasons of the show. Those were my favorite episodes and I enjoy reading stories that take place back then. Loved the natural dialogue here and the SickDean and the comforting- and worried- Sam. And the location of the hunt was enjoyable also.
A very enjoyable story; I loved the SickDean :)
This goes in my Favorites file.
Thank You.
WeirdyMcWeirderton chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
This was a cool story...I really liked it!
irismay42 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Nice little flashback to simpler (for the Winchesters anyway!) times. And so like Sam to think Dean was hiding something from him when he was actually ill!
7kstar chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
"Find me an Impala tomorrow," Dean ordered in his raspy, drowsy sick-voice, thumb still rubbing the edge of the Mustang's box.

Sam smiled. "Yeah, all right."

Dean always wants just a few simple things. I think it was how he could see his life half full while Sam wanted normal. So when it became clear that Dean was really getting sick instead of slacking off and Sam missed it, it provides a powerful incite to the brother's personalities.

It is the one thing I think you do well. Defining their quirks and keeping the relationship strong and full of hope even when they are pulled apart.

Also how nice they got a soft place to land for Dean to recover. I always enjoy caring Sam and Dean whump. A nice reward for my lazy Sat. morning. Enjoyed it.
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Wonderful, just wonderful. You are surely the queen of hurt/comfort. :) Great story - more of a character study with a little "hunt" on the side.

Yeah, Dean was really off in this. I kept thinking, that it just didn't seem like grief or depression, and of course, it was much worse. Enjoyed getting into Sam's head as he tried to figure out how to deal with his brother.

Loved the fancy digs at the end of the story. Also really liked that Sam was able to enjoy a bit of New York's finest offerings - he is, after all, a geek at heart. ;) Great idea with the model car, but of course Dean wants an Impala.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I always look forward to any story from you. Until next time...
Nana56 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
I was getting pretty annoyed at Dean for a while even though I'm well aware of how much depression sucks! Seeing it from the outside really makes me appreciate how patient people have been.

Can't really blame Sam for his reaction and wanting to escape for a while. *pets him* Seeing an old friend like that must have felt like a breath of fresh air for a bit. Assumptions are easy to make. Thank goodness he was able to see what was really wrong with Dean, tho...and thank goodness the manager was kind enough to get them that place so Dean could have a real chance to recover. *pets him, too* :)

Nicely done. :)

Oh, will you be coming to Chicago this year? Hope to see you. :)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
What a wonderful story.

I couldn't figure out what was going on with Dean and felt sorry for him when Sam became irritated with his behavior. It was a surprise to learn Dean had mono.

I enjoyed the mystery and it was nice the brothers were paid to solve this one.

I loved the ending when Sam told Dean "I'm where I want to be." Dean also allowed Sam to take care of him. Wonderful brother moments.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I really enjoyed reading this one. :)
zekeschance chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
This was such an in depth introspective of that time of their lives. I loved it! You really have them figured out in a way that I totally agree with. This was such a good story with the plot and other characters. I'm Mr. Arkosy was a play on your name? Maybe? Thanks so much for writing this piece on a troubled time between the brothers that only you can do. Thanks again!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Adored this story. Perfect time set and it had everything. Trust Sam's emotions to get in the way and he misunderstands Dean, thinking he is going back into depression like he did when their dad died when in fact he was getting sick with mono, or what we call Glandular Fever in the UK, no wonder Dean was more than a little off, and off everything too. Great that you threw an old Stanford friend into the mix, creating a little more tension between the boys and loved the more simple hunt. Well the purification was quite simple despite Sam getting injured hauling Dean out of the way but the research certainly wasn't! Great ending, Sam and Dean spending time in a luxurious apartment, care of one of Arkosy's friends whilst Dean recovered and Sam getting his fix of 'geek' whilst knowing just what was really home. Loved all the little Winchester touches too, like Sam keeping the pie hidden until Dean has eaten the chowder and sammiches (had to Google that!) knowing his brother would bypass them if he knew pie was on the menu.
A really great read and a definite fave :)
Madebyme chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
I thoroughly enjoyed this fic, thank you so much for sharing!

I really liked how you played on the tension between the boys in this season due to the death of their father. It was a delicate time and the perfect place to add an old haunt from Stanford, fuelling some misunderstandings.

I liked how it also lead to Sam misreading Dean's behaviour and missing that he was actually sick. It was very skilfully done and beautifully written.

I also enjoyed the ending, seeing the boys live in luxury for a little R & R - they certainly deserve it!

Looking forward to your next fic already! Take care, :)
deanssammy chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
That was a really nice story.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
I love the end of this story where they get to live normal (and luxuriously) for a short time. They certainly deserve it and it gave me warm fuzzies on their behalf.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Awesome story, loved it. I enjoy stories that take place in the early seasons, kinda back to the roots ;)
sylia91 chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Sick Dean is adorable and oh so vulnerable. I liked reading along and watching Sam figure out the mystery of Dean's behavior. That seemed more difficult than their case. Dean's pleasure in the small things of life that we take for granted always breaks my heart as well as Sam's longing for the mundane. Excellent fic as usual.
50 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »