Reviews for A Brother First
jenifer.a.raeder chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
Wow...your characterization never fails to amaze! You just seem to intrinsically "get" Sam and Dean in a way that makes reading your writing more like watching an episode of the show (albeit in my head) than literally just reading. Like, I can HEAR the guys saying every word they "speak" in your stories...again, wow. Can't sing your praises enough...and can't wait for the next story!
Laura chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Wonderful, as always. :) You write wonderful Sam & Dean.
ccase13 chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
I really love stories where grateful people acknowledge the boys sacrifices and give them a well deserved reward.
saschi chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Thanks for another great fic! I really enjoyed it :)
Indigo-Night-Wisp chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
These are my favorite kind of SPN fics, methinks. Where they're on a hunt (not from the show, just a made up one), and maybe one of 'em's sick or hurt, and they're a bit angsty ('cause c'mon, when AREN'T they a bit angsty?) but nobody's insane or dead or too mad at each other to make up before the end of the episode. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed the writing, the story, the dialogue, and your take on our favorite boys. :)
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Wow, what an awesome story!
I rarely love Sam more than Dean in a story, but y
Cheryl W chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Totally loved it! You got down pat their habit of misunderstanding one another before figuring out what the other really needs. And I'm a sucker for your hurt Dean storylines where Sam is all awesome, caring little brother.
CarolAnnly chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
You write the boys so wonderfully - the good AND the bad times. And here, you summed it up perfectly: '...he'd figured out home had been with him all along, wherever Dean was.' That is why I love those brothers so much. Your writing strikes such a chord in me; you know our brothers so well. Every story you write is a precious gem. Thank you so much!
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Good story.
Holliday1081 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I really like the idea that "home" for Sam and Dean will never be a place but will always be each other. You use this idea in a few stories and I love it every time :) I also really enjoy Sam's little epiphany that he doesn't long for normal anymore, that his life with Dean is the new normal and he fits in here, next to his brother, better than he ever did at Stanford. Another great story and some beautiful moments at the end. I also love any story where Sam gets a gift for Dean and Dean always seems surprised and truly touched that Sam would do that for him. Great, just great!
Emmers224 chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Oh, Boys. Their constant miscommunication and misunderstanding between one another will never cease to amaze me. You capture them brilliantly. I loved the simple hunt, their friction, sick Dean, and the added complication of one of Sam's Stanford friend. Awesome job! :)
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Awww the end is just the sweetest thing I ever read! ;) So so cute! I couldn't help but smile all the time. I know it's not possible for them to have this forever, because the hunt will always catch up to them, but, man, how I wish they could! They deserve happiness and peace so much for how much good they made in their lives.
I also love this part:
"Dean stared at him a long moment, several emotions flitting through his eyes before it settled on one. The one Sam saw the most, the one they never spoke out loud because they didn't need to.
"You do know where you are is in my bed, right?" Dean finally said, one eyebrow arching."
That is such a Winchester thing to do and Dean's line is just spot-on, the smart-ass LOL
Love it )
Kisses
R.
ackeberlynn chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I loved everything about this one.

Loved the originality of this metaphor and how well it fits: "Or how people confused Dean and him all the time, as if they weren't apples and lemons. The really sour kind."

Loved the painful "Who died and made you Dad, anyway?"

Loved how put in enough distractions to make the reader believe that Dean was depressed, when really he was sick. It truly was a mystery.

Loved the slow build-up and the climax while doing the ritual, how Sam saved his brother from injury, and how the anger from Dean's lack of focus was what finally opened Sam's eyes to the truth that his brother was ill.

Thanks for another great read!
Dymegurlie chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
This was great!
bhoney chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
I remember reading this story in the zine and adore it as much now as I did then. It's got all my favorites in it-sick!Dean, protective!Sam, a friend from Stanford, Sam choosing his new normal with Dean over his old life...loved it, loved it, LOVED it.

Glad for the chance to add it to my favorites!
50 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »