Reviews for Living to die
motherfucker why arent you updating
Fernix13 chapter 3 . 4/8
I had some misgivings about this story but fuck yea, kriegsman vs catachan pleb is what im talking about!
SIRROUGE chapter 9 . 7/11/2019
nice more plz
Emilio amico chapter 9 . 5/8/2018
I love your story there were scenes that made me hurt,cry,hate this is quite something this is of high rate you should keep going you have the passion for it , the wait for it and the mind for it , you're good ,very good ...
Guest chapter 8 . 1/19/2018
So...this won't be a HumanXEldar story?
Another S.T.A.L.K.E.R chapter 6 . 12/10/2017
Damn how I hate Walker! Always needing people to cover for her. Just uses those around her
Another S.T.A.L.K.E.R chapter 5 . 7/30/2017
I appreciate the accuracy of the information regarding the concepts of trench warfare. Takes me back to the Military History course in High School (8.5 years ago). Did you actively research this information or was it already known to you beforehand?
Another S.T.A.L.K.E.R chapter 3 . 7/29/2017
Pfft. The trooper shouldn't have cared whatsoever about Commissar Amy. He is raised and trained on Krieg to not lie, especially to superiors and now he just starts lying for everyone? Where is his sense of honor, truth and justice? Sure, Amy could have been executed, but she should have carried out her duties more carefully.
Another S.T.A.L.K.E.R chapter 1 . 7/28/2017
Quite good.
The Darkest wizard chapter 9 . 4/6/2017
This is a fantastic story! Can't wait to read the sequel
Guest chapter 1 . 2/11/2017
You clearly put a lot of effort into this story, and it shows. You certainly didn't just roll this out without many hours of work, but the story feels too much like you're shoving a square block into a round hole with the setting. You're trying to make a big story with larger than life characters who are powerful, unique, and incredibly gifted. You want nobles and politics, ancient lineages and skilled blade-masters, big egos and beautiful women, and i can't help but feel you picked the entirely and completely wrong setting for that sort of story. Warhammer 40k, and the Death Korps especially, is really not what i would have recommended.

Firstly, in order to make the basic concept of your character being a noble from an ancient family work, you had to entirely re-write to concept of Kreig the point it become unrecognizable. The Kreigers don't have nobles, they don't have families, the don't have ancient heirlooms, they don't angst, they don't love, they don't have civilians, they don't have anything at all of the sort of story you wanted to build. A Kreiger is a faceless, mass-produced warrior with a heart and soul of cold steel. He feels no pain, no remorse, no love or affection, he has no family but the Korps, no father but the Emperor, takes no lovers but the sweet embrace of death and redemption. He feels no emotions but boundless hate for all the foes of mankind. He is more automaton than man. He is a symbol that humanity, in our struggle to survive the harsh world of the 41st millennium, has had to give up everything that really made us human. A Kreiger is not the character you wanted, and the story feels hamfisted and entirely ill-fitting in such a setting.

More than the Kreigers, Warhammer 40k is not the setting you wanted. Your story feels, as i have seen other comment, more suited to an anime or other more light-hearted series. The Grim Darkness, tragic struggle, black humor, and deep cynicism of the universe clash horribly with the more light hearted and, in contrast, almost cartoonish aspects of the story. Furthermore 40k is a universe that thrives on the depth, internal consistency, and sheer volume of it's lore. Working in a setting such as this is as much a work of research as it is of creative effort, and while you don't lack on the latter, I feel a distinct disdain of the former. Lore inconsistencies run rampant, especially in the first chapter where every description of Kreig, or the life on Kreig, flies in the face of every piece of established and published background. Established characters like Jain Zar are thrown about and killed by original characters, despite being some of the most powerful and world shaking entities in the entire universe. These are characters whose actions shape the fate of the entire galaxy, yet they are tossed out like cheap antagonists to serve as a thrilling and exciting fight and prove the strength of the original characters, without understanding or care of how such a thing shakes up the established universe.

As I've said, you've clearly put effort into this, more so than many have the time, effort, or creative will to dare and for that I commend you, but in my opinion this story shows a great deal of work is required. It comes off as ill-conceived and poorly considered. A work to build on, something to learn from, but i simply cant recommend it.
Shadow of the Hitokiri chapter 9 . 8/30/2016
great story!
That0neGuy7 chapter 2 . 6/12/2016
i just wanna move on to the next chapter but by god this damn-well written story.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/12/2016
i just read one chapter and Holy God Emperor that felt like many awesome story
acelenny chapter 9 . 4/11/2016
Fantastic story, give me more, in the Emperor's name!