Reviews for Living to die
That0neGuy7 chapter 2 . 6/12
i just wanna move on to the next chapter but by god this damn-well written story.
i just read one chapter and Holy God Emperor that felt like many awesome story
acelenny chapter 9 . 4/11
Fantastic story, give me more, in the Emperor's name!
SomeGuyOverHere chapter 9 . 1/7
Let me just say that this was a very, very well written story.
Everything in here feels like Warhammer 40k, you definitely nailed the feeling of the world.
The characters were both interesting and well developed, for a while I was afraid you'd made too many to keep track of like some authors do but by the end I knew each and every one of them.
The story is well paced and fun to read. I felt like I was reading one of those historical war novels about WWII.
All in all a really great story and I can't wait to read what comes next.
SomeGuyOverHere chapter 5 . 1/7
Great war scenes, very well written.
Also, Colonel Stanton and Commissar Osei are still probably my favorite characters. That part about the Colonel's brain was pretty hilarious.
SomeGuyOverHere chapter 3 . 1/7
I really like the Colonel and Osei's dynamic.
Also, I will admit that I was a little afraid you were going to make Eric one of those Imperial citizens who actually isn't prejudice against mutants, glad to see he's relatively regular on that part, not a lot of authors allow their main characters to have that trait.
SomeGuyOverHere chapter 1 . 1/7
The Baron Von Shreider is a badass
Guest chapter 9 . 7/11/2015
Next update have the eldar elrich beat down talk with farseer and her paths leader about elrich
Guest chapter 4 . 5/3/2015
frak it now theres a deamon on board and I she ether wants 0817 or gina maybe both
John Spangler chapter 1 . 12/4/2014
Hi, I just wanted to say that I've read your story and I've loved it. It's a perfect depiction of the 40k world. Keep it up! I look forward to read the other stories of the series.
GuntherRiechwald chapter 9 . 11/29/2014
NOOOO! Well at least a new one is coming. Can't wait!
Thuzan117 chapter 9 . 11/27/2014
an excellent chapter as always. am i to understand from the comment at the end that this story is now over and "dying to live" will be the continuation? I think you did a fantastic job with erich and most of the characters and eagerly await more, hopefully we won't have to wait long.
rudolfoaligieri123 chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
Wow. That was just terrible. And I made this evaluation after only frst chapter which was

freaking 32k words long...

First of all it is a little bit too anime-like for my taste. Not that I have something

against anime, but those two genres just don't mix gracefully. Warhammer 40k is a universe where technology has been long forgotten, where when you need to do the dishes you do not just "turn on the dishwasher" but burn incents and murmur prayers while performing rituals to wake "dishwasher machine spirits". In such world modyfing genetic code of servants just for a whim would be either too expensive or too blaphemous. Enviromentally sealable maid costume? Seriously? HAZMAT suits look like garbage bags for a reason - the more creases and folds you have the harder it is to spot the damage (and damaged enviro suit is worth sh*t).

On the topic of anime-ness what with all the giggles and emo stuff? Ever heard of Chekov's Gun? If you put an element in the story make it significant. What was the point of stable girl if she was not mentioned ever again? You introduce and name characters that have no significant purpose throughout the story.

There are also some canon indiscretions. Krieg before Purging was a hive world (Courusant type planet) not paradise world, there were no lush gardens as most of the planed was covered in cities.

Baron Hans von Shreider isn't even a main character and yet you MarySued sh*t out of him. Small squad of Space Marines couldn't even take one of the xenos down, and got shot down like a bunch of sissy cocroaches under the boot, and Hans has taken down dozen of them in close combat having disadvantage of their numbers? And what with the bullet slicing mid-air? This character is completely unbelieveable, overpowered. You could show he is a master swordsman in one dramatic duel with an Eldar duelist, you could show him fighting back to back with a MArine and keeping up despite the lack of enhancements and armour, but noooo, you had to overcook the epicness by lowering everyone elses competence to the level of dabbling jelly-babies (Space Marines Emperor's best of the best of the best). In the end he is not epic, he is just a exxegerated laughable parody of virtues.

First chapter is too long. It should be divided into at least 7 chapters. It spun over couple of years, you could make jumps in time divisions between chapters. You could start a new chapter between the scene of the fight and the music lesson, there are dozens of places where it would be proper to break the text into smaller parts. Clearly a composition error. Besides what's with all those enviroment descriptions in the middle of the conversation? After reading three paragraphs of Hans' thoughts after looking at the ruined city I forgot what was the question/what were they talking about.

One thing I liked was the transition between Erich's training and Hans' swordfight.

Anyway - lot's of work ahead of you - WORK ON YOUR WRITING!
Adam chapter 9 . 11/16/2014
Amazing..simply amazing i love this story it was fantastic love the demolition trooper and his thing for fire i cant wait for the next part! 10/10!
Lord Sadacchus chapter 8 . 10/26/2014
Now, THIS is what I'll call a fitting end to such an excellent series. Congratulations!

For those browsing the reviews section, when the final chapter was first released, it was quite rough around the edges and while readable, were a far cry from the quality that those that have been following this fic have come to expect. As of October 20th, that has been remedied.

Props for the Farseer talk, I was wondering how'd you handle that. The extra scenes between the commanders are also greatly appreciated.

This story is definitely being put on my favourites list, and I shall expect great things from you in the future, with luck, even outside the fan fiction range.

PS: Review posted as chapter 8 due to 1-review-per-chapter rule.

Cheers & Salutations,