Reviews for Feathers 3 : Hope Sings
Guest chapter 1 . 10/10/2016
Jessamine is like the spider, caught in the web of its own making. An ever growing web of lies. As the web continues to grow, one wonders how she would ever get free. Just how do you tell your son, about the past or the present. As a parent, Jessamie would want to do everything in her power to protect, not hurt, her son. But she is caught, and can not see her way free.
To have someone else help explain the truth, would be one answer. But, even there, it could not be just anyone.
To have a man explain Jessamine's past, to Grady, is brilliant. And there could be none better, than Johnny. His sensitivity, his examples, his careful wording, on so many levels, is beautiful and artistically done.
Johnny's relationship with Grady, is God sent, for both of them. One gets a peek into the kind of father, Johnny will become. His past, will actually help him developed into the father that he wished he had, growing up.
Johnny's relationship with Jessamine, is another God send for both of them. One smiles at:"the storm blew in here a couple of hours ago. It blew me off my feet." They are good for one another. Even Jessamine's sweet tune calling, brings a smile.
The quote by Emily Dickinson, given at the beginning of this story, is so fitting. At the end of the story, one wishes that life will continue to let "Hope Sing".
October 10, 2016
derrx004 chapter 1 . 2/10/2015
When I first read this story I told you it was my favorite. It still is. The love that Johnny shows for Jess and Grady warms my heart, and the promise of a better future for all of them makes me happy.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I am so enjoying this feathers series and the beautiful relationship you have created for these three characters. I applaud how well you wrote the dialogue for jonny and Grady, given sinsitive nature of the topic. Can't wait to see how the rest of the family responds to the marriage. Will Murdoch be concerned given how his whirlwind romance with Maria turned out? Will Scott be disappointed that Jonny did not confide in him. How does a woman adjust to being head of her own household to married and living with the inlaws, perhaps feeling more like a guest at the ranch, than at home.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2012
Love this story - so well written and in keeping with what might have eventually happened. Look forward to the next one...