Reviews for Letters
Guest chapter 5 . 7/27/2017
Worst finale ever. Just imagine being in there, ready to kill. Then the 2 otehr tributes kill each other. That's just boring ...
DeletedAccount3498 chapter 7 . 6/29/2013
Aww, this was so sweet! Keep updating!
DeletedAccount3498 chapter 6 . 6/29/2013
Wow, this chapter was AMAZING! One of your best chapters yet !

Rue's characterization was spot on, I literally read this in her voice, and I love the description or the hot cocoa and cookies, it's just like her to be attentive of that. I like how Rue keeps using the phrases 'I think' because it shows that she's hesitant, and the line

"I keep thinking of myself as a murderer. And it's so bad. I don't even like myself anymore."

was really sad. I thought you did a brilliant job on her, and keep up the good work! I can't wait to read more of this story, and the other letters!
DeletedAccount3498 chapter 5 . 6/29/2013
Ehh...Clove seems like she has a LOT of anger issues in this chapter. It's funny because although I imagine her with this attitude, I imagine her to be a bit more creative in the letter, since if you look at her lines of dialogue in the Hunger Games, you'll find she has an interesting way of saying things, and she likes to gloat and outline her victory when she's about to kill people (namely Katniss), which gives you the opportunity to go wild on the sentence structure of her letter, and make it a notch or more gruesome, or twisted or deranged, and make her seem insane. Instead she only appears as downright angry.

But besides that, I thought the way she was portrayed in this chapter was also good, and I'd imagine she'd think of Glimmer like that.
DeletedAccount3498 chapter 4 . 6/29/2013
This chapter was a good attempt at writing Katniss, but personally, I thought the tone was a little off, and that this Katniss was different to the Katniss in the books.

In Mockingjay it took Katniss twenty minutes to write out a list of things she wanted in return for being the Mockingjay, and it did mention she had trouble concentrating. I don't believe Katniss was always like that, but after what she went through in both the books and the contents in this chapter I think her letter should've been more deranged, and the sentences broken and choppy to show she has trouble concentrating.

I also think some parts were slightly more descriptive then they needed to be for someone actually going through the pain because it seems slightly like Katniss is simply recounting it from the outside, but apart from that, this chapter was really good, keep it up!
DeletedAccount3498 chapter 3 . 6/29/2013
Wow, you really got Glimmer's after-games-life, and the darker part of her character across. I love the tone in this story and how you tell it! Because the way things are told are certainly the way the particular character you're wriitng about would say! I love Glimmer's subtle dislike of her dress and her slutty role afterwards, because I think that's how she would've felt, and some parts of this story were really sad, like this line in particular:

"I don't know, maybe it was because you told me that you fucking loved me that fateful night before the Games? Remember how you said that after we were done and we were sharing the covers?"
DeletedAccount3498 chapter 2 . 6/29/2013
Aww. Another brilliant chapter! This was so fitting for Thresh, and I like how the tone changes for each letter. The tone is how something is being told, rather then what is being told, and the tone actually tells more about a character then the latter, so brilliant tone!
DeletedAccount3498 chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Aww, so sweet, even though at first I was a bit confused because I saw the name 'Clove' and thought she was writing it instead of Cato, and I was trying to figure out who she could possibly have been passed away but couldn't do anything about xD
thenightshow chapter 5 . 10/8/2012
This portrays Clove's character VERY nicely. Keep writing :) -B
Estoma chapter 7 . 9/22/2012
I'm really enjoying these, so, wonder who will be next?
Estoma chapter 6 . 9/22/2012
She doesn't like herself anymore, oh that's so sad. Well done!
Estoma chapter 5 . 9/22/2012
You're luckier than me, that's good.
Estoma chapter 4 . 9/22/2012
The cakes aren't as pretty. Oh. Gorgeous!
Estoma chapter 3 . 9/22/2012
I like the tone for these letters you've adopted, it's a little humorous but not simply that either.
Estoma chapter 2 . 9/22/2012
'You were never one for violence'. Lovely.