Reviews for The Longshot
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 2/4
Long shot inded. I guess what grabbed me here is that they were finally at the same place at the same time. Throughout the series, especially during season 5, I'd always think, God they should so get together here! I guess the powers that be had the same thought, waiting for them to be in the same place at the same time? I enjoyed this OS:)
bexie25 chapter 1 . 11/10/2014
Loved it :)
mspteach chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
It was very nice. Interesting way to view the way their relationship finally, "paid off ".I enjoyed it.
delia84 chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
This is really beautiful. Normally, I have to force myself to read something with no dialogue, but this wasn't a forced read at all. Well done.
Mosaika chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I like your Brennan here.
KatsBonesCrazy chapter 1 . 9/26/2012
It was great. Wonderful writing. Always look forward to your stories!
Lliaaame chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
Awh, Booth is her Longshot, lovely. :)
threesquares chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
1. I loved the insight into Max. Not "inveterate" but a risk taker in a very particular way.

2. Aw. Brennan loved horses? Slightly heartcrushing.

3. Max wanted *Brennan* to know about the art of the longshot. I think that is really...right. I know it's your story and all but that somehow seems true in the cannonical sense. Russ is a different kind of gambler. No kind of gambler really. That is part of why he couldn't stay. Brennan, though. That's a different matter. No truly creative individual, no one with the spirit of a scientist can suceed without ignoring safey for the risk of greater rewards. More, the longshot, as you describe it, is a good parallel for a subset of scientific inquiry and achievement: those insights or results that came from seeing even the glimmer of a connection between two things that no on else would put together. A really interesting concept and very well played.

4. I like "baby girl", the fact that she went to a dictionary first (I do that!) , and the way that she held onto that idea and tried to figure it out all this time.

5. . "But, in that momentwhen she first stirred, and she awoke to realize where she wasand with whom, in that moment, simply being with him wasenough for her" ah. This. Just this.

Great writing, with a really interesting idea at its heart.
a2zmom chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Excellent. I could see Brennan feeling this way.
Caprigirl60 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I loved this. I too am a fan of the longshot. :)
freelancer73 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
So sweet! :)
redgirlang chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I love this little one and how you give us what the show didn't. I so wanted to see their reactions & feelings after 6x22 and here we see Brennan's. Really glad to hear that your still working on your other stories! I look forward to reading them at some stage in the future!
nnasurb chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Awnn, I loved this!
luckywynner86 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Awww this was so sweet!
mef1013 chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I really enjoyed this story. Well written and insightful.