Reviews for A spoonful of sugar
Fireborn101 chapter 13 . 1/15/2013
That is my favorite quote EVER thank you for having it in here. Go Ursa! I love how even though she should be the Firelady Ursa is willing to surve not only her charge but also Poppy Bei Fong. It shows that she would have been an amazing Firelady given the chance. I really want Toph to reunite with her in NSFZ. Can she? Please?
AnnaAza chapter 13 . 1/15/2013
Oh, I bet that Avatar Kyoshi was an awesome, feminist avatar who said lots of wise things. I know a few people like Granny Beifong—and they're not pleasant. At least Toph gets to develop her truth detector! Gotta love Poppy's worry rant.
Vaneria Potter chapter 13 . 1/15/2013
I think that Avatar Kyoshi was enough of a bada$$ that no-one made her feel inferior, period.
Komo Pineconeseed chapter 13 . 1/15/2013
To be honest, I've never understood the meaning of "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent". I think I get what Eleanor Roosevelt is trying to say (aka "ultimately, you have control over your own emotions"), but I'm not sure I completely agree with that statement. It strikes me as "when someone puts you down, you need to have the emotional fortitude to deal with it" aka "suck it up and just deal with it", and I personally prefer the "let's not be a bunch of douches, please" idea. See, the whole "suck it up" mentality feels like something bullies would use to justify their actions. But I can't see Eleanor Roosevelt agreeing with that sort of mentality. Am I interpreting her words incorrectly?

...um... as for reviewing the actual drabble itself... I loved it! I can totally see Toph's mom drinking as a way for dealing with her mother in law. I guess what I love most about this chapter is that Toph's parents and relatives are getting some complexity. It's going to make meeting up with the Bei Fongs so exciting in the main series.

...but I'm still worried about Ursa. Where is she?

Hmm... (the plot thickens!)

Komo
Stormbirdie chapter 13 . 1/15/2013
Yeah. You're most definitely right about that. I can't imagine Avatar Kyoshi ever feeling inferior. Please, update soon!
Beloved Daughter chapter 13 . 1/15/2013
Love the quote from Eleanor Roosevelt! :)

Thanks for another great chapter update!
BookWormGirl93 chapter 13 . 1/15/2013
Really good! Update soon plz! XD
BookWormGirl93 chapter 12 . 1/15/2013
This is really good! You should update soon! XD
Charmed Ravenclaw chapter 12 . 1/11/2013
This brought tears to my eyes. I wonder how Ursa reacted when she heard of her son's banishment...
AnnaAza chapter 12 . 1/10/2013
Aw, poor Ursa! Wonder if Toph will find out about her being a Firebender later. I never really bought into the Ursa being a Firebender thing—I'd imagine she'd come from a long, long line of affluent, Firebending people, but it skipped her generation—Roku probably would have been blotted out or mentioned as a "traitor," but that Firebending had to come from somewhere.
BlueLion chapter 12 . 1/10/2013
Somewhat surprising how much Toph really cares for her mother ... glad you're still on track!
Kimberly T chapter 12 . 1/10/2013
My headcanon says Ursa is a firebender as well, for the same reason.
jalfal chapter 12 . 1/9/2013
Yay! An update to this excellent story! More please! More!
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 12 . 1/9/2013
This one was very emotional. It really makes me wonder if ursa is indeed still out there and all right, since she hasn't contacted Zuko or Azula in your stalking universe yet. I'm very curious as to what you have planned.

on a completely unrelated note though, I love having steam when I have a cough and congestion as well.
FashionablyHospitable chapter 10 . 1/9/2013
I click on the refresh button for my favorites page for what seems like the tenth time today. Of all the stories I have faved, only one has updated since I added it. The others seem almost frozen in time.

I set my eyes on the most recently updated and see THIS FIC.

AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEAHHHH.