Reviews for A spoonful of sugar
Anna Williams chapter 4 . 9/4/2012
I like how you’ve paired Toph and Ursa for this story, very original! The characters are spot on. Toph is an awesome little trouble maker and would totally try to drive off her nannies.

I also love the new depths you’ve given to Ursa. Let’s face it, all we know from the show is that she loves her kids and will take extreme measures to protect them. In this fic you’re given us a peek into her childhood so we get to know her as more of an individual person. Ursa sees a lot of herself in Toph (ie: being only seen as good marriage material by her parents) and is now taking steps to give Toph the upbringing that, in hindsight, Ursa wishes she had. Their interaction has been great thus far and I look forward to more.

I’m also going to have to read these “stalking” fics to see how it all ties together. :)
Guest chapter 4 . 9/4/2012
This story is amazing, please write more!1
AnnaAza chapter 4 . 9/2/2012
Ursa must have had her share of temper tantrums from little Zuko (just LOOK at him in Season One) and Azula when she couldn't set things on fire. I'd imagine Toph, as stubborn as she is, could have gone on for quite some time.

I bet Toph's liking of vibrations helped her Earthbending later on. It's also easier to get someone to do something if they enjoy it, like Toph with music.
Charmed Ravenclaw chapter 4 . 9/2/2012
It's really interesting how experience with Azula should help with this, although I wonder how Ursa was like with Azula first time round - she wouldn't have been as perfect as she is here! Otherwise Azula may not have as many issues with her as she does now.

Rambles aside, awesome stuff. I look forward to a new chapter.
Ignorant Sparrow chapter 4 . 9/1/2012
thanks for writing this. When u mentioned abt Toph's fav nanny in 'not stalking Zuko', I thought it'd be Ursa. I even asked u that. bt u evil creature did not reply! i was running out of good stories to read. so thanx again!
grandiose6 chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
I'm loving this story! liked the 'like polishing firewood' in ch 3 and also Ursa's patience and listening with Toph here.
Gabubu chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
This is wonderful! More please!
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
awww, that's so cute! XDXD. I love Ursa's firm nonchalance during toph's tantrum. haha, guess azula gave her a lot of experience
Somariel chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
This is a great chapter. I really love how Ursa gets through to Toph.
BoogieBoy chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
We've all felt the frustration of adults thinking you're stupid just because you're young.

Nanny rocks!
Daisy312 chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
I can't wait to see what you write next!
Daisy312 chapter 3 . 8/31/2012
I love the way that you personify Ursa. She seems like she would be a perfect mother-figure for Toph.
Daisy312 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Great beginning!
VampiressE12B chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
Yep I imagine azula was a tantrum thrower. I can't see zuko being one. I know my little sisters tantrums are intense (throwing chairs flipping tables kind of intense) but when I was little, I tried throwing a tantrum and just broke down laughing in the middle of it. Ursa sounds like an awesome nanny. Did tophs parents know her name? It sounds like toph only knew her as nanny number four, but I assume poppy would have asked her what her name was before hiring her.
Vaneria Potter chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
Well, after several years of suffering through Azula tantrums, Ursa would be something of a practiced hand.
309 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »