Reviews for A spoonful of sugar
BoogieBoy chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
We've all felt the frustration of adults thinking you're stupid just because you're young.

Nanny rocks!
Daisy312 chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
I can't wait to see what you write next!
Daisy312 chapter 3 . 8/31/2012
I love the way that you personify Ursa. She seems like she would be a perfect mother-figure for Toph.
Daisy312 chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
Great beginning!
VampiressE12B chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
Yep I imagine azula was a tantrum thrower. I can't see zuko being one. I know my little sisters tantrums are intense (throwing chairs flipping tables kind of intense) but when I was little, I tried throwing a tantrum and just broke down laughing in the middle of it. Ursa sounds like an awesome nanny. Did tophs parents know her name? It sounds like toph only knew her as nanny number four, but I assume poppy would have asked her what her name was before hiring her.
Vaneria Potter chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
Well, after several years of suffering through Azula tantrums, Ursa would be something of a practiced hand.
titpuce86 chapter 3 . 8/31/2012
Yay! Go Ursa! It seems like a very interesting story and I'm most certainly looking forward to the next chapters.
SasaRea chapter 3 . 8/30/2012
That was hilarious! Toph was really in character and i can picture her adding salt to her nannies food in my head. I hope you update soon!
Azhwi chapter 3 . 8/29/2012
Yay! Toph is getting some sensible training!

And... was that a Pride & Prejudice quote? 3
Astrid Goes For A Spin chapter 2 . 8/29/2012
Hahahahaahahahahahaahahahaha . This is beautiful! I love the way you write with third person present, MASTERFULLY. I'm very, very impressed. XD. It's also clever and ingenious. Ursa, being cast out of the Fire Nation, meets Toph? Remarkable! I also like the way you touched on how Toph really does (especially at the age of six) crave the attention of a parent - she got on well with Iroh, why not Ursa? XD
blinkenlights n spitzensparks chapter 3 . 8/29/2012
Oh this is fantastic! I really love that in writing your stalking series, you're filling in so many blank spots, plot holes/questionable occurrences, and details of character backgrounds, with your own headcanon. I'm really looking forward to see how this plays out - the battle of two very sneaky and wily characters! XD
AnnaAza chapter 3 . 8/29/2012
Again, poor Ursa. Wonder if she knew she was the great-granddaughter of Roku, or if it was a closely guarded secret? Wonder if Ozai ever cared for her when they were married.

I always wondered if Toph was hidden from the world, why did they bother with all the accomplishments (aka manners and such)? Was it just for the house? To achieve a sense of normalcy?

Looks like Ursa is going to be a rebel! (this is probably how she will get fired later on)
AnnaAza chapter 2 . 8/29/2012
Yes, Ursa is very sneaky! Poor Toph, though—that's, however, the consequence of letting other people raise your child. Maniacal Nanny Nukber Three probably scared the others into submission—luckily Toph is also a sneaky lady!
AnnaAza chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
An excellent idea! Poor Ursa certainly has her work cut out for her—everyone has wondered at one point where and what she did after the banishment, and this is a cool idea!
KnowledgeandImagination chapter 3 . 8/29/2012
AHH! I recognized that quote! XDXD, sorry, I've been on a pride and prejudice rereading session. XD, now that I think about it, Toph's mother DOES resemble Mrs Bennet in some ways, especially the 'make a good match' category.

anyways, it was nice to read from ursa's pov again. I feel so sad about what happened between her and azula... I do hope there will be a chance for things to get better for that family XD

can't wait to see the next chapter. i do wonder what Ursa's lessons about being a lady will be like :D
315 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »