Reviews for Caught in a Storm
Thunderxtw chapter 3 . 1/14
I have been waiting for you to update this; you have no idea. I didn't review the last 2 chapters but I've had my eye open for this. I've never seen king written in such a selfish, despicable way. It's an interesting change from your earlier depictions from untold and beyond. I enjoyed the dream sequences and how you synced everything so perfectly. It all felt so real and believable I felt like I was there in the hospital myself lol

I found it difficult to read some parts (in a good way) because I could remember going through a similar experience. Idolizing someone to be this great pillar of strength. And suddenly the illusion just crumbles and you realize it was a false image you painted of a person that never existed.

The end was a good way to close the story and now Peter can finally move on.

Loved the Anna cameo and her little quirks, btw (you know I did XD). Everything she said was on point. I hope to see more from you in the future.

Take care
Salysha chapter 2 . 9/29/2012
So there IS a conclusion to the story? ...Except I read to the end, and there never was.

No word of explanation. I got the completely wrong impression from "Did you really think I wasn't going to take you?" Somehow, I didn't connect it with the line a couple of sentences back at all, but instead, wondered if I'd ran into a plot twist. No such levity in sight.

The car accident was smuggled very nicely into the story; I never got that the beginning was actually the truth, just cut off in the middle when the dream took over. Very fluent transition, and I really like it that you can now go to the beginning and see for yourself that it was there, you just didn't read it right. Smooth! I approve.
Razer Athane chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
'There are plenty of ways to lose a loved one, but not enough ways to get them back' - Great opening line, Peter!

'In all the years he had known King, he never knew him to be a liar and a coward.' - Very true.

'But what that loyalty became was blind faith.' - True again.

Very sad piece, but well written.
Salysha chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Your writing is very easy to read. The flow is good, and the writing is very clear. The emotions came clear, but the cause for them didn't. Why did King walk out on the man he called son? Would you perhaps write a companion piece to this? You can even make us feel rotten (King's incapacitated and in peril somewhere) by making us understand the reason for the abandonment. Or send us cursing at the sky if no valid reason is given!

Italics would be better for thoughts; single quotation marks are very old-fashioned, typewriter days. If you use the single quotation marks, any punctuation goes inside them, just like with regular ones. Good writing, though; it made me remember I'd so love to see you continue that M-rated piece you once wrote. C'mon, give me more to admire. :)

I was delighted when I tuned in on the archive and found your name. Good to see you, JunKing.