Reviews for Poison
safsren chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
You're really good with descriptions...and spelling words correctly as is scarily rare on a site dedicated to writing
Bonnaroo chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
Very cool and well written and enjoyable drabble/one-shot! I love how you've managed to capture Xan's gloomy persona, and how he feels about the Bhaalspawn. Overall: perfect!
Late to the Party chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
An enjoyable piece; I thought the relationships and interactions between the various was fun, and your characterisations excellent. I also really like the snippets of description you use. The poetry was fun too! ).
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
I remember reading the old version. :) It's good you're continuing to write about the characters you like; I hope you enjoyed writing this story! Xan's fatalism is definitely conveyed here.

One thing I noticed was that you used the word 'exotic' twice to describe the gypsy's accent and smell. 'Exotic' itself can be overused when trying to describe non-white characters-everybody is exotic to somebody, and in Faerun there are different cultural divisions to Earth.

I thought the story seemed a bit elliptical, as if it tried to cover too many ideas and moments for its word count. Maybe if it concentrated on the single 'first meeting' idea, or the single 'prophecy' idea, or the single Xan-thinking-about-the-Bhaalspawn idea, it would have given the story more force. But it's always good to see more BG fanfic, and I do hope you write more. :)