Reviews for Stargate: Thirdspace
Amonits chapter 2 . 7/31/2014
If this is in the future of Stargate, why the gray hair of the Tau'ri captain? I'm pretty sure that they could easily find ways to prolong life or even become ageless, of course they wouldn't be truly inmortal, but they wouldn't age or get sick with all the technology they had at their disposal after a few years.
Amann0407 chapter 10 . 3/21/2014
Looks like Sheriden and Lefcourt have accurately seen the situation for what it was. I am sure they will play it cautiously and not aggressively attack the Minbari since the Tauri won't actively fight the war for them, but it could give them breathing room to negotiate.

I did notice the Battlestar Galactica reference with the number of refugees. Nice touch.

And looks like the Minbari warrior caste is planning something truly nasty. A black operation "off the books" as it were. I think they'll find the Tauri to be more formidable than they realize.
Amann0407 chapter 9 . 3/21/2014
So Delenn will become the ambassador to the Tauri. I wonder how that'll impact the timeline. And a good analysis on the part of Commander Sheriden on spotting the Tauri are obviously some sort of refugee fleet, which is close enough to the truth.

I can understand Shore's fustration with Sheriden's bypass of protocol in a war, but he should obviously realize Sheriden has something important if it is a Priority Zero, and most of the officers that know Sheriden would know he doesn't break rules for the fun of it, so I would think most of them would give Sheriden the benefit of the doubt. It's a case where the priority overrides the protocol.
Amann0407 chapter 7 . 3/21/2014
I wonder who the cloaked figure is? Will this person be revealed? My guess is an Ascended, though I wonder why so cloak and dagger?

The Minbari are in for a massive shock when they realize just how powerful the Tauri Federation really is, and I can see the Tauri actively defending Earth, but not attacking or fighting the actual war.
Amann0407 chapter 6 . 3/21/2014
Looks like the Tauri have discovered the jump gate network, which is eerily similar to the super gates and the actual stargates (of course B5 came first, so who ripped off who?).

Also I find the characterization of the Minbari surprisingly accurate to the show. Even if they weren't warrior caste, we see a measure of arrogance among even some of the religious caste, and the warriors are the worst of all. They have become arrogant and complacent over the years, even if they are isolationalists for the most part.
Amann0407 chapter 5 . 3/21/2014
So Laura Pierre is a great great descendent of Sheppard 500 years down the line eh? Interesting to see if she has as much of his fighting abilities as her ancestor.

The suicide attempts I can foresee becoming more common as people are cut off from their families and stuck with no way to return.

Also, good idea for the Tauri to fall back upon the list of known worlds they can find since they have a good idea of the planetary resources, despite the variations of the alternate reality.
Amann0407 chapter 4 . 3/21/2014
An interesting character and personality clash, between a military commander and a governor. I can see this becoming a point of friction between the two leaders, and even the crews perhaps. Loyalty of the fleet crew to their Admiral, and the loyalty of the mostly civilian Rivendell crew to the governor.
Amann0407 chapter 2 . 3/21/2014
Are these the Thirdspace Aliens by a different name? Or something new? They sound just as formidable as the Thirdspace aliens were in Babylon 5, and it took Sheriden's Alliance to take them down and it wasn't even most of their fleet. Kind of curious to see that they can compete with Ancient technology, since I thought it would normally shred them.
Amann0407 chapter 1 . 3/21/2014
This is a redo of AJW's Thirdpsace right? It is a good rewrite, and it is exciting to see this being rewritten. I hope to see more of the Tauri Federation in the future.

I admit I got a chuckle out of seeing city ships named Rivendell and the AI named Arwin.
Dur'id the Druid chapter 10 . 3/15/2014
Why does this say it is updated, but no new chapters are being written?!
karthik9 chapter 10 . 3/14/2014
It is excellent chapter.I look forward to future updates.
edboy4926 chapter 8 . 3/14/2014
Awesome chapter.
Malix2 chapter 10 . 3/14/2014
Interesting new chapters. Although you might have to alter this last one. In this version John says he doesn't know what happened to the tau'ri, but in the rewritten chapters they give a false story about a super-nova. Unless John doesn't want to tell them that for some reason.
Talismann chapter 10 . 3/14/2014
Haven't you already posted this chapter?
orionastro chapter 10 . 3/14/2014
very good new chapters , i hope the war with the minbari and earth ends , and the tauri humans start to grow in numbers , and form a new homeworld , and colonies . Can't hardly wait for the next chapters .