Reviews for No Use in Crying
Ryah Ignis chapter 1 . 12/25/2012
That was so sweet. It really filled in the gaps about Dean and Lunas relationship. I'd always wondered about what they did with thetime they spent with each other at Shell Cottege, and this is perfect.
jack63kids chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
I saved this for my treat today - and treat it most certainly is. What a great canon-true story.

I can particularly hear Luna saying, "It's strange, isn't it, sort of like we never belonged here at all." - and her mention of Nargles at the end. I love Luna and people don't usually write her this well, so thanks. Just as she should be, little bit vague, embarrassingly outspoken and rather sweet.

Dean is a much neglected character. JK had written so much more for him originally and then the plot and length of the books didn't her allow it, so good to explore more about him too.

I like the style of your writing too. Enough happening, thoughts of the characters, background and description. It ties in nicely together.
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
Aww that was bittersweet. I loved it ;)
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Bittersweet, but cute too :)
Gamma Orionis chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I really liked the relationship between Dean and Luna towards the end. It was very Luna, and even though I don't particularly like them together, there was an excellent closeness portrayed here.
AmzyD chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
I like this, subtle sweetness, well written, love love love!
the lola chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
I've read this pairing as a side pairing once, and I really liked it and I really like this, you write it well, with perfect characterisation. I loved the description of the kiss, it was so perfect and had so much emotion attached to it. I like that they didn't end up together, though.
still kat chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
Since I kinda-but-not-really see Dean/Luna as a pairing, I think your story showed that quite well. You had those lovely romantic elements, but also kept both of them in character and had them decide to go their separate ways, for which I am eternally grateful to you. I think a story's a lot better when the reality isn't twisted; marvellous work!
The Last Poison Apple chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This is like, sadness at a sad party. I like the reunions and how you played out their interaction.
Ralinde chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
I find it a bit odd that they first say they don't love each other and then start kissing. And personally, I don't think Hogwarts could have been rebuild in just a couple of days, especially not when at the same time they're mourning and preparing funerals. But other than those two things, I liked this fic. Dean's feeling of not belonging anywhere, of not really fitting in, seems realistic for someone who just came out of a war.
inkteardrops chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
Nice. I really like it. You do write excellently and I really like the way that you have portrayed all the characters. I love Luna's honesty. Fabulous! :)
whatpassesformymind chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
It's always good when Luna is written well, and is still Luna, and I liked Dean and Luna's relationship. Lovely :)
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
This was really good! I think DeanLuna is kind of cute as a little fling, which is why I really enjoyed this story because it's very similar to how I would imagine them. I think you definitely have Luna in-character, and her dialogue is very realistic. I loved her telling him to watch out for Nargles, that sounds like something that she would do. I didn't notice any spelling or grammar mistakes, either. I like the interaction between Dean and Seamus as well - I can definitely imagine that things would be different after a whole year spent apart, and I also agree that for those who didn't stay at Hogwarts that year, they would feel a bit strange around those who had. In my personal canon, there definitely is a gap between people who were at Hogwarts during Deathly Hallows and those who aren't. Anyway, I love Luna's honesty, that's just very realistic of her since it's mentioned she's bluntly honest. Great job!
ProfessorSquirrell chapter 1 . 9/14/2012
Awww. I can totally imagine Luna telling him they don't love each other. She calls it how she sees it and it's awesome. Well done with her character. And poor Dean too. The idea of them bonding while they were at Shell Cottage is so sweet and I like the idea of them as a couple. But it's fitting that it didn't work out. Nice writing :D
kci47 chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Oh, this was so sweet. I've recently started trying to find all the Dean/Luna/on the run stories I can find and this has been one of the best!