Reviews for And A Doctor
DisappearingKangaroo chapter 6 . 5/17
Happy face

The fluff was most definitely enjoyable!
Am chapter 6 . 4/1
Super cute story. Loved it.
TheRedScreech chapter 6 . 3/2
It was all so wonderful! The fifth and sixth chapters were my favourite because dang it if I absolutely adore how you write Sherlock and John. :D
I just love this one. I love all John's BAMF doctor skills, and I love how impressed everyone he treated was after the fact. I also love how you included so many parts regarding John and Sherlock's beautiful friendship. Thanks!
AgentCarter15 chapter 4 . 1/20
I absolutely adored all the previous chapters, with chapter three actually bringing me to tears, but I couldn't resist reviewing this one especially after that last sentence. It took my breath away, it was so perfectly written and placed. Your writing is fantastic and the amount of time you've clearly spent checking up on on the medical jargon is astounding. Not to mention I feel like John can get overlooked as an individual character in this fandom, so this is absolutely perfect and wonderful. And you write the both of them so perfectly nuanced, it's absolutely lovely. Thanks so much for writing this! - Rey
Tori chapter 6 . 1/19
This story made my heart warm. Thank you.
WaywardDaughter617 chapter 4 . 1/7
This case is exactly what happened to my grandma two years ago. She passed, but good job on the description and Medical details.
panni2 chapter 6 . 1/1
Brilliant story! Loved to see this side of John :)
LimeJuiceTub chapter 6 . 12/29/2016
It's great to see how you've explored both Watson and Sherlock's characters - and how Sherlock isn't as inhuman as he seems to be on the surface.
maipigen chapter 6 . 10/27/2016
this was a great tale that splendidly does its job of showing of the badassery that is John Watson ;)
Henry Vyne chapter 2 . 9/15/2016
! This chapter did not disappoint!

Honestly, I know this isn't what you want to hear, but this is too good for a review. I will come back later and give a detailed review, but screw it it's late (or early) and I just want to keep reading, so for now this one will have to suffice.
Henry Vyne chapter 1 . 9/15/2016
I can't even begin to express my love for this chapter.

I feel John is a sadly underrated character, both in the show and fandom, and stories like this give me life. Seriously, I'm so excited to keep going, I almost didn't stop to leave a review just so I could get onto the next chapter.

Not only is the subject matter of this amazing, your writing is absolutely superb! You have just the right amount of dialogue and narrative, and you switch between the two perfectly. I'm no medical expert, but everything John said about Greg's indisposition sounded very doctory and authentic, so great job on that!

I absolutely -love- John dropping the mobile. At first I thought his arm was acting up, but you definitely surprised me! John really is a lot more clever than people give him credit for, and I'm so happy that you managed to tap into that aspect of him so well. Truly, he's an amazing friend, not only to Sherlock, and I love that this chapter focused on that, as well as not only his attentive medical attention, but his attention as a friend, too. So on point!

I love the distinction you draw between doctor and soldier, and truly, it's not something I had given a lot of thought before. It makes me so happy that their are still new aspects to the show and characters that I'm still discovering, so thank you for helping me along with that! While fluff stories certainly have their appeal, I really love ones just like this one - ones that really base themselves in canon and draw more attention to little things that are easily missed, things that while small and seemingly insignificant, actually hold a lot of value.

A lot of people seem to kind of sweep John under the rug while praising or focusing all their attention on Sherlock, and even while this is a very John-centric chapter (which I love), you still gave Sherlock credit and thought (which I also love), while keeping the main focus on John. Very well done! It's not only about John (amazing), but still... considerate, I guess, of the other characters, you know?

I love how it starts at the very beginning - just talking about John. It was small and to the point, but not rushed. You spent the perfect amount of time on it. And then you just go right into the scene with Lestrade, which I loved every bit of. Also, the beginning of that part. "Lestrade wasn't a leaner." Again, a little thing that I overlooked so easily, but actually holds a lot of value and speaks volumes for the character! Super cool, dude!

The interactions and dialogue were spot-on - I loved every bit of them, especially John recording Sherlock's mutterings for late research.

Also, the chapter was blissfully long! Thank you! Long chapters are the amazing, and paired with writing with quality such as yours, it's absolutely wonderful.

"Every profession does something that shocks someones who's not in it."

I really like that line, and the whole conversation around it, but that line especially caught my eye. :]

I feel like I haven't said enough about how perfect this chapter is, but anything else would just be me repeating myself and breaking the dam which holds back all of my adoration and respect for John, so I think I'll just end this here.

Wait, no! I love John's joke about how Lestrade will have to make it up to Anderson and Donavon for leaving them with Sherlock - another clever part. And how John respected Lestrade's privacy by not answering Sherlock's question without a moment's hesitancy. Super, super cool. And pretty much all of Lestrade's musings on John, specifically his similarities to Sherlock, and of course, that last line.

Absolutely amazing job! I can't wait for the rest of the chapters!
Toothtooth chapter 6 . 8/27/2016
Ok I love this chapter too. I love how much passion and feeling you out into writing and the characterisation of John and Sherlockmare the best. I'll come and look for this again and again because it's fantastic.
Toothtooth chapter 5 . 8/27/2016
This is my favourite chapter by far because it's so sweet and I can't even say how much I love it
Toothtooth chapter 4 . 8/27/2016
Oh my gosh I made a squeaking noise at the end because this is so sweet all the way through. I love your interactions between Sherlock and John