Reviews for And A Doctor
Very good.
TwilightSymphonycat chapter 4 . 8/30
This chapter makes me so happy. John saved a life, and I like how even sherlock is impressed.
Jaely chapter 1 . 7/19
I loved this first chapter. It reminds me of my doctor. She is very much like how you wrote John’s bedside manner. Watching the show I sometimes feel like the writers completely overlook the Doctor side of John except for when he goes to the clinic. It’s like the clinic is just a means in which to remind people that he is a doctor, but otherwise this side of him isn’t seen really out side of that context. Even when he examines the bodies after Sherlock, the writers don’t really give John’s character the chance to really show his skills and knowledge. So I really enjoyed reading Sherlock having to ask WHY Lestrade was dehydrated. Showing that though Sherlock might know the symptoms of many medical conditions they are not always as clear cut as it might seem and that is where a good doctor comes in. I’m really looking forward to reading the rest of these one-shots! But I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I enjoyed this first one.
Miko Eiko chapter 6 . 4/28
Que haríamos sin nuestro querido Doctor Watson
Guest chapter 6 . 12/29/2018
I know I'm years late on this. But this was absoulty fantastic. Perfectly in character!
QueenWaffleWriter chapter 1 . 11/5/2018
I love this! After I read the story, the emotions were brilliantly placed. I reread it again and again, and it's so brilliantly written! The dialogue! The reactions! John is an amazing doctor, and I love how Sherlock begins to understand this. John, realistically, will use this through his life, and it makes me feel as if these scenes are what John has done outside of the episodes we can watch. Please continue to write!
Guest chapter 6 . 8/11/2018
You are a brilliant writer. There is honestly nothing more to say except I hung onto every word.
My utmost respect to your skill.
azulkan2 chapter 6 . 6/21/2018
Great story.
Estel Kenobi chapter 6 . 6/14/2018
Ee gads I don't even have words for how amazing this all was. Truely... I don't. Just a constant huge goofy grin, the occasional delighted squee, and the hours I should have been sleeping but spent excitedly clicking "next chapter" instead. The was an absolute delight... The side of John I wished we saw more of laid out in absolute perfection. Though Sherlock sometimes felt a bit "off" in his brief appearances... But not in that last chapter, there I could shake off the niggling notion of "not quite right" and relax into the familiar feeling of "Ah, there he is". So SO good. Delightful.
Kay Hau chapter 6 . 3/27/2018
Oh, wow! After reading this excellent fic, I completely agree that most fics tend to gloss over the 'doctor' part of John Watson! I fear I've been guilty of that myself! Thank you for giving us such a fantastic view into a 'very good' doctor's deductions instead of always focusing on Sherlock's! It actually makes perfect sense that, as excellent as Sherlock's store of medical knowledge may be, it certainly could not and cannot compare to actual medical experience. Well done and great story!
dramaQ19 chapter 1 . 3/18/2018
I completely love the way you showed off John Watson's doctor aspect of his persona in such a flattering and admiring way! I want more
fictionismyaddiction98 chapter 4 . 2/14/2018
Sherlock Holmes was originally inspired (if I remember correctly) by a doctor that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle knew of that could diagnose someone with just a look. This kinda brings things full circle. Thank you for that.
DizziZilla chapter 6 . 9/3/2017
amazing! bravo! Are you in the medical field, or did you research all this? It's awesome!
Guest chapter 5 . 8/21/2017
While Sherlock is dangerous in his own right. I have always maintained that John Watson is absolutely deadly if pushed. It's the quiet ones that you have to watch!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2017
Well now...it is wonderful to see someone doing justice to Dr. John Watson. I am very much enjoying this.