Reviews for And A Doctor
Riyuka chapter 6 . 2/8
I was really impressed by your John. Now you convinced me that he is totally underestimated as a doctor. I liked how you compared his medical analyses to Sherlocks deducting. You didn't leave any cliffhangers at the end of a chapter, but nonetheless I was in a hurry to read more. The cases were thrilling and well written, it's a great story!
The medical jargon confused me, but it also lend a lot of credibility to the story. It makes me wonder whether your a medical student or doctor yourself. If not, I can't even imagine how many hours of research went into this story.
I also really liked how the most important things weren't really spoken about, just conveyed in short remark, a glance, some milk in the fridge... It's fitting for their characters and relationships. And the part with Lestrade was nice, he is often not enough appreciated.
Thanks for writing and sharing this wonderful story!
Remmy18 chapter 6 . 1/11
Great story! Would have been neat to see John work on Mycroft or Athena though. Keep up the good work!
Tidmag chapter 6 . 1/3
He is good. I might want him to be my doctor.
Mistress Steff chapter 6 . 1/3
Great fic! I really loved this take on John, especially how he reacted in the last chapter!
SnapeSeraphin chapter 6 . 11/18/2014
Excellent story, superb characterisation. I really enjoy how you made John Watson the focus of attention; in many of the character's eyes he's probably all but overlooked next to the much more flamboyant - and infinitely more irritating - Sherlock.

Also, thank you so much for writing a story where the medical information is correct, well though-out and appropriate. Are you in the medical profession by any chance? In any case, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate a good story with properly researched medical facts. Well done.
Guest chapter 6 . 11/15/2014
So satisfying! All six ...excellent narrative...smooth...infused with an intensity that rushed me along at breakneck speed, leaving me breathless. And I so appreciate those splashes of pure poetry in your prose. I love your writing :)
erik chapter 6 . 9/27/2014
Probably the best insight into Doctor Watson that I've read. The only downside was the completed part of the story details.
SpitzeFeder chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Thank you very much for this great story! I especially loved the first chapter!
random4ever chapter 6 . 9/4/2014
This was the absolute perfect blend of action, emotion, and technical details. Usually the balance tips in one way or another, but this was pure genius. Thank you for the truly amazing read! xxRandom
Nimthiriel Eruhin chapter 6 . 8/8/2014
Adorable and brilliant and perfect in every possible way. Medical information alone would have kept my interested. Characterization is spot-on. Writing is fantastic. Got me emotional. And thrilling, too. And, most importantly, not way overdramatic and over emotional with a ton of crying or whatever. Honestly, thank you. I love it.
Wynsom chapter 6 . 8/5/2014
Wonderful in every way...magnificent in scope and detail...thank you for breathing REAL life into these characters!
Heather Snow chapter 5 . 7/17/2014
I've read and reviewed before back when you first finished this, but I'm re-reading and enjoying it so much I had to comment again. I love the chance to see John shine. And I love how you write, the turns of phrase you use. In this chapter are a couple good examples:

"I've never experienced that procedure before," Sherlock gasped.

"Well, congratulations. Now you have. Let's try and avoid experiencing it a second time, shall we?"

and

"Yes, well, I figured dramatic coats are replaceable. Dramatic consulting detectives on the other hand..."
Guest chapter 6 . 7/2/2014
That was really sweet. I always felt that John was slightly unappreciated. You wrote a brilliant story with every single person in character. Well done.
Sparrow49 chapter 6 . 6/19/2014
I adored every last word of this beautiful fic. Simply fantastic.
chocovic-chu chapter 6 . 6/16/2014
You gave this medical-ignorant reader so much knowledge (yet those jargons fried the brain, though, haha).
Your John character was brilliant and awesome! Loved to see someone like him in a real life. :)
Thanks for sharing!