Reviews for And A Doctor
my metallic semingo chapter 6 . 10/9
I love how you write John. He is an amazing doctor. I also love the friendship between John and Sherlock. Every chapter is wonderful and I enjoyed them all. Thank you for sharing.
Aslan's Princess chapter 6 . 9/11
I love seeing John being able to show off his medical knowledge and skills, and just being all around competent. And you are possibly my favorite supplier of such stories. :-)

I enjoyed seeing John diagnose and help friends and strangers, showing Sherlock-level brilliance in his field. And diagnosing himself is most impressive.

I just overall enjoyed this awesome story.
spicasblack chapter 6 . 9/9
This is truly beautiful
Silverdragonstar chapter 6 . 5/1
Its funny to think that Sherlock would say good job to John not needing him to preform CPR! I can easily see that happening. Great job with the characters.
Silverdragonstar chapter 5 . 5/1
Aww so good. I love BAMF John.
Silverdragonstar chapter 1 . 5/1
I could so see this happening in cannon. John was never without intelligence. His being a Dr. gets underplayed in my opinion. This was a great chapter.
Silverdragonstar chapter 3 . 5/1
What a sad but lovely chapter. It's hard to read this in a way, as I have helped to loved ones. You treated the topic quite well. thank you
HarrietSilverwynd chapter 6 . 4/12
Love this fic. Platonic bro Johnlock is the best :)
spiritghostings chapter 6 . 11/17/2019
i stumbled upon this fic from a rec list, and i'm so very glad i did. what a wonderful portrayal! i loved absolutely every second of this fic, it was a joy to read.
Mysteryfan17 chapter 6 . 10/30/2019
Some of these remind me of listening to the stories at dinner, not so much the context but the content. I smirked wondering how many readers just let the words wash over them or skipped them vs either taking the time to look them up and learn or know already one way or another. I know I'll look up places to get the view described or certain historical comments will send to to research mid chapter and I'll get back to the fic the next day after fully reading about a person, a place, a moment (and sometimes more than one off shoot either in family or cause or effect of what was mentioned) simply to get it better. I hope some readers did that with yours, simply in that medical knowledge, while I wouldn't say to act on it themselves, they might not take an old woman on blood thinners falling or fainting spells so lightly... or text typos ;) (granted, while I try to spell everything right, I do need corrections on some words and my sis would just tease me for it but the lack of punctuation woulda sent up the red flags). 10/10
Mysteryfan17 chapter 1 . 10/29/2019
I loved the 'you look at crime scene photo and eat lunch' thing cause my mom was an RN and my dad was a cop. Growing up, dinner time was when everyone talked about their day so it ranged from playing on the swing set in our back yard or hide and seek or all those things, mom talked about her patients and if this one relapsed or this ones weakened vessel and my dad had accident photos since he was in accident reconstruction so cars in shop fronts, blood and all on occasion, as well as discussion on the autopsies were common enough my friend and pretty much brother learned enough that he described one to his grandparents at 4 or 5 years old (I woulda been 6 or 7 at the time) but it was then that they realized we were listening to them as much as they listened to us. But it didn't really change and we were never told that people outside of the family might be squeamish about the stories. I found out on college when I was telling a story to my dorm mates and one of them went 'Eeew, we're eating' and I just went. 'Yeah? That's why I'm telling it, cause we're all here.' Seems she didn't like stories about partially decaying corpses. Ah well, it was a funny story to me and my family. I read this while eating my pizza and will continue doing both. ;) 5/5
Guest chapter 6 . 9/15/2019
Very good.
TwilightSymphonycat chapter 4 . 8/30/2019
This chapter makes me so happy. John saved a life, and I like how even sherlock is impressed.
Jaely chapter 1 . 7/19/2019
I loved this first chapter. It reminds me of my doctor. She is very much like how you wrote John’s bedside manner. Watching the show I sometimes feel like the writers completely overlook the Doctor side of John except for when he goes to the clinic. It’s like the clinic is just a means in which to remind people that he is a doctor, but otherwise this side of him isn’t seen really out side of that context. Even when he examines the bodies after Sherlock, the writers don’t really give John’s character the chance to really show his skills and knowledge. So I really enjoyed reading Sherlock having to ask WHY Lestrade was dehydrated. Showing that though Sherlock might know the symptoms of many medical conditions they are not always as clear cut as it might seem and that is where a good doctor comes in. I’m really looking forward to reading the rest of these one-shots! But I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how much I enjoyed this first one.
Miko Eiko chapter 6 . 4/28/2019