Reviews for And A Doctor
8annie81 chapter 6 . 7/11/2013
People always have Mycroft get involved whevever John is hospitalized and it tends to ruin the moment. It makes for good humor when John shocks the med staff by chastising the Holmes brothers, but it just misses the depth and beautiful, beautiful subtext. I have a fluff dealer, a feels dealer, and now a subtext dealer! Epic!
8annie81 chapter 5 . 7/11/2013
Omg the subtext. Omg the subtext!
I can see their body language. God the subtext. It's beautiful.
8annie81 chapter 3 . 7/11/2013
"She's fine." Another reassurance, yet so different than the ones he had given Mrs. Hudson moments ago. Both compassionate at the core, but honest, gentle emotion at the forefront for Mrs. Hudson, while Sherlock was favored with simply delivered facts; his doctor's training, always unconsciously assessing and adjusting his responses for different needs. "I'm off to Mrs. Turner's."

That's just beautiful. And really, really fitting of John and just doctors in general. Brilliant!
8annie81 chapter 2 . 7/11/2013
The "I'd have hung up on Mycroft" line, what did Sherlock mean? Was he just stateing a fact or playing the days events off in his own way? Was he having a moment of confidence and addmiting he cares? Idk I freaking love it. And yes! Of all the ways I've seen Harry written this just about fits all the usual head cannons for her. She's rude, but also kind of cool in a weird way despite being a bit of a bitch...
8annie81 chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
You sound like a doctor! I'm convinced by the jargon! And the deductivness only added another amazing layer to John. His abillity to quell the storm that is Sherlock Holmes Just awesome.
SJBHasADayPass chapter 6 . 7/8/2013
I loved this! It's great to see this side of John. In the show, I can't see either side of him, the soldier or the doctor. So read this will definitely make me want to look hard to see Dr. John Watson :D
haaaftsfas chapter 6 . 7/8/2013
Really enjoyed this whole story, each chapter was very individual, original and well written ) Thanks for writing it!
ohmytennant chapter 6 . 7/8/2013
Absolutely amazing story. Thank you for sharing this.
Louey06 chapter 6 . 6/26/2013
How wonderful. I love Doctor!John, he is such a badass, i could read about him doctoring all day and it wouldn't be enough. i liked how it wasn't all trauma either, it shpwed John;s full scope of awesomeness. great work i loved this!
Kage Hasu chapter 6 . 6/26/2013
Bloody brilliant story. Love that John is an actually presence and not simple Sherlock's shadow. You portrayed him wonderfully
Fiddledee chapter 3 . 6/26/2013
This chapter left me wanting to hit back and get away, but I kept reading. I don't regret it. Very accurate tale of a cancer patient dying; vividly reminded me of my mother's death in a hospice, with just me at her side and a cardinal bird outside the window to keep her company as she passed away. As a past veterinary tech/student and current nursing student, your descriptions of medical scrutiny, medications, symptoms, and patient/medical staff/relative/scientific response is wholly accurate and lacks melodrama of TV med shows. Yet it isn't disengaging, and one without background in medicine would still be very entertained and sometimes educated. Wonderful prose and characterization. I look forward to finishing it.
englishtutor chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
These stories are absolutely wonderful. Thank you for all the work you obviously put into them to make them believable and real. I love seeing John as the doctor rather than the soldier.
rose chapter 6 . 6/5/2013
this was fantastic! great job :)
flower pot girl chapter 6 . 6/4/2013
Another great chapter.
flower pot girl chapter 5 . 6/3/2013
I love the detail in this and may have got a weird kick out of your mention of an incentive spirometer, something I haven't seen for years!
334 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »