Reviews for The Grey Matter
Gonnatryscience chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
I liked this a lot. You took an interesting premise and handled it better than I would have dared to hope for and I thank you for that. Your spelling and grammar were good- and the style seemed right for the story. I occasionally got confused as to whose point-of-view I was following, as it sometimes seemed like it hap maybe changed suddenly without a line break, but that might just be me. I liked how John's names for the colors became more and less sophisticated as time went on or he became overwhelmed. I felt that you handled the characters rather well also. It was refreshing to see that John's trauma-induced colorblindness at the end was not instantly or easily fixed, but was left ambiguous and ultimately irrelevant in light of his new life with Sherlock- it was a very nice touch I felt. Overall, you provided a very entertaining story deftly executed. Thank you very much!
Labmama chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Wonderful. Sad but beautiful
Doni chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Oh, that was beautifully done. Imagery was spectacular. It is a bit ironic and unfair for John to go back to grey...but there is something poetic about it, also. Lovely story.
Kokoroyume chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
That was a very good plot and well written, I liked it :)
Spooky-Girl chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
How does this not have more reviews?! It's just... fantastic. SO good.
midknightmist chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
Poor John! I hope he gets his color vision back. very interesting concept. THANKS for sharing and GL!
power0girl chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Wow, I don't think you need it, that blew me away. Amazing.

Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 8/31/2012
This is absolutely gorgeous! As a bit of an Anatomy nerd, I think my favorite aspect was the real science you included (rods and cones and foveal vision and such), but I really loved the fantastical aspect of it as well, because the concept is simply fascinating and, in my experience, unique.
Overall this is just an absolutely brilliant fic, and I wish you loads of luck with your competition!
hippysheep chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
that is simply amazing. ) thank you for a new take on the the Johnlock it!
shabs chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
That was absolutely unbelievably AMAZING! Great job you deserve tons of credit for this story. You are incredibly tallented
Catindahat chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
This is amazing! I love the whole premise and they way you built the development of colours up throughout. Its a shame John lost his colour vision but he got Sherlock, so you win some you lose some. This was really well writen and I definitely think you deserve to win your contest. Good luck!
InkySpectacles chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
Wow. Um, wish I had something better to say for what might be a first review, but with such a well thought-out AU and plot, I'll be stuck on "wow" for the next little while.