Reviews for Hanging By A Thread
Guest chapter 5 . 1/29/2013
Yay, another update! I'm sorry about the dog, that had to have been difficult. I can't wait to see how everything plays out though. I'm liking Mrs. Cupcake so far :)

Although I should tell you, the text from chapter 3 has been replaced by chapter 4 on the site...I'm not sure why, but it even says "Chapter the Fourth." Just so you know.
mrspencil chapter 5 . 1/28/2013
I am definitely warming to the Cupcake family, and hope that their motive in helping is true and honourable. A safe place for Watson to recover.

And I really like the idea on Watson having a change of pace by learning to fish! A great idea.

Mrs P:-)

Sorry about your room-mate's dog, upsetting for both of you.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/27/2013
whats next?! is sherlock going to get watson back an help him recover his memory?
Bluerosebud chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
I'd wager the trauma of the whole night would make Watson have dissociative amnesia.
I'm glad to see an update, this story is coming along really well. I like Cupcake and his family, and now I feel sorry for Holmes because he's getting nowhere close to finding Watson now.
mrspencil chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
A pretty puzzle indeed!

jack63kids chapter 3 . 10/18/2012
Short but sweet - I'm left wanting to know more though. How did 'Cupcake' find Watson? How did 'Cupcake' get his name in the 1880s? ;-D

Nice descriptive passages. Very enjoyable story.
jack63kids chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
Ah, only Sherlock Holmes would think someone's footsteps were distinctive! Masterly.
jack63kids chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Beautiful prose and some action too - I'm liking this.
mrspencil chapter 3 . 10/3/2012
A very neat shift of direction, although I am a little worried about the redness on the shovel. I like your new character, Cupcake, and hope Watson hasn't put him and his son in too much danger.

Guest chapter 3 . 10/3/2012
Ooh, this is an unexpected turn! Well, I'm certainly glad if my thoughts on the story helped you, I look forward to seeing this to the end.

Comments on the chapter proper: Really liked the part where this Cupcake fellow accidentally broke the coffin, though I hope Watson's wound isn't too bad! Now I'm also wondering who 'they' are...
ElizabethSnow17 chapter 3 . 10/2/2012
Watson, you are one ridiculously lucky man. :D Little on the short side, but definitley worth reading nonetheless, excited for more! Hope to see more from you, too. ;)
Guest chapter 2 . 9/24/2012
This is good so far, but the problem is that I've seen this story literally ten times before-someone calls for a doctor, Watson comes, they clout him on the head (or in some cases use chloroform) and put him in a coffin to bury him alive. Then all the focus goes to Holmes trying to find him and Watson slowly suffocating. Knowing this formula so well takes a lot of the interest out of it for me-I'm hoping you might take a slightly different angle on this as you go-for example, maybe more effort done on the villain who concocted this morbid scheme.
Madam'zelleGiry chapter 2 . 9/23/2012
Oh no! You've gone and stuck Watson in a coffin! Right. Many things about this are not good.

At least Holmes is on the case! I just hope that he can get to the good doctor in time!

The only suggestion that I would have for this chapter is that you smooth out the transition from Watson's POV to Holmes. Even just a line of asterisks across the page would help. I just found it a bit confusing that we switched POVs without a lot of warning.

But, other than that, this was a very entertaining chapter! I'm eagerly awaiting an update! Well done!

Madam'zelleGiry chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
What a lovely way of starting off the chapter! Your description was so vivid that I could really picture the autumn day in question. That coupled with the images of Watson strolling through the beautiful London scenery really made it quite pleasing.

And now, someone has dared harm our good doctor! This cannot be good. I eagerly move on to the next chapter!

cmee57 chapter 2 . 9/23/2012
Oh my! Don't know about Sherlock, but I sure want to ! Looking forward to the next chapter!