Reviews for Code Geass: Kallen of the Recurrence
DYnoJackal19 chapter 4 . 6/13
Oh, darn you for not even describing the Noodle Incident.
bladetri chapter 13 . 4/28
like XD
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 13 . 4/24
This is actually getting to be a really good story and that last part was a rather interesting insight into Charles' mind.

I also vote that Kallen should awaken Suzaku but that's just 'cause I love Suzaku and he did look genuienly upset when he killed Lelouch (hell, he was crying!) and would probably help out, if only to protect Euphie and, possibly, stop the Ragnarok Connection like last time. Eh, it's up to you though. Update soon.
Sellsword Oscar chapter 4 . 4/10
Wait Nunnallys eyes are closed. How did her Geass work on her?
Dragonjek chapter 13 . 2/9
"Well, the queen is the power behind the king right?"
Not the case. You have the royal regent and the royal consort. The regent rules; the consort is given power by virtue of their relationship to the regent. Typically, particularly is prejudiced societies (of which Britannia certainly counts), the King is the regent, and the Queen is the consort. At the King's word, she can be deposed of and all her political power and leverage removed. The consort has power because the regent gives it to them.

Although I've enjoyed this story, there are a number of critical flaws.

You've done virtually nothing to build upon any relationship between Lelouch and Kallen. Most of your writing has been rehashing events that we all know (sometimes even with the same dialogue!), with only minimal changes. The interest between them is entirely one-sided, and there's no development of love taking place at all-or even an indication of rising interest on Lelouch's part.

Lelouch comes off as an impressive act, as seen in other people's reactions to him, but his own intelligence isn't particularly evident. His plans work because everyone's going out of their way to make sure events happen the same way they once did. The Black Knights is inspired by Shirley. People predict Lelouch, and he doesn't manage to begin to keep up with the others' teasing at all.

Speaking of which, the teasing is too harsh (particularly consider you've got Nunnally, Kallen, C.C., and Milly (the previous two of whom are generally only mildly teasing) all working together on him). It's to the point that it would garner resentment, not fondness, which is particularly important in regards to C.C., who he *has* to build up a trust relationship with-but who is currently the worst/2nd worst of his teasers and who isn't doing anything to inspire trust.
Dragonjek chapter 12 . 2/9
"Of course, Shirley had been growing on him a bit more since the whole competition started, not that he would ever admit it out loud."
This really doesn't make much sense-except perhaps in considering that, compared to the others, she's being decent about it.
Being chased can be appealing, and being wanted can be desirable. Lelouch is *hounded*. Ever-growing irritation with them is a more appropriate response (especially for someone like Lelouch), and even the more erotic appeals of Milly and C.C. would have only a weak draw, since he knows that they're both only doing this to fool with him and see him react (as far as he knows, at least-if he's aware of Milly's more-than-friendship feelings for him then he doesn't view them as very strong, and he has no knowledge how C.C. actually loves him at all-just that she likes to screw around with his head).
Incidentally, is Shirley's father still part of the Code-R Project like in the light novels?

"'Of course, if the Japan Liberation Front does kill the hostages before Lelouch arrives, I won't be able to go back to Ashford. Oh well, it doesn't matter to me, though Lelouch might be happy'."
...
C.C. knows Lelouch well enough to know that he won't feel the slightest bit of happiness over her leaving when he learns that his sister and friends died.
Dragonjek chapter 11 . 2/9
Something to consider, that hasn't been brought up yet.

Why isn't Lelouch reacting to the changes in everyone?

Nunnally has experienced war, has death on her hands, experienced betrayal, and has ruled a nation.
Sayoko lived through the Black Rebellion.
Milly watched and recorded the suffering of the world.
Nina has the guilty of mass murder bearing upon her.

They've all *changed*. It doesn't matter how good an actor you are, you can't completely hide that, and Lelouch would become suspicious at the change in behaviors in so many people around him. He could never guess what happened, at this point, but there's no way he wouldn't start thinking that something was up.

"And Kallen, she's probably just as smart as Lelouch and we don't know anything about C.C."
That is, forgive me for being rude, bullshit. I'm sorry, but there's nothing, anywhere, to suggest that Kallen is remotely as intelligent as Lelouch. Or even much of a thinker-she's a girl of action.
"Kallen has some sort of elaborate plan in the works"
What? Kallen doesn't do elaborate *anythings*.

"I think Kallen will. I'm sure Brother's already interested in her and I like her."
Where does *that* come from? Lelouch hasn't demonstrated anything that could be considered anything more than general friendliness for her outside of that almost-kiss (which Nunnally, at least, knew wasn't remotely romantic (on Lelouch's side)). There hasn't been significant interaction between the Black Knights-to-be and Zero, so Lelouch hasn't gotten to know the Kallen Kozuki that he knows she truly is very well-and knows that the her that she presents to the world is fake.
Is she basing this on what she knows of history? Lelouch didn't start having feelings for Kallen this early, and even Kallen herself couldn't be said to more than admire him as a leader at this point. But their relationship is actually worse than in canon, because Lelouch is suspicious of her, to the point that he's considering breaking apart from the current group *just because of her*. Of course, Nunnally doesn't know THIS side of Lelouch very well... but I can't see why she thinks Lelouch would win. At the very least, she knows C.C. already expressed interest in him, and she has the advantage of being blatantly uncaring about her body and centuries of experience.

""Go ahead and ask Shirley, I'll answer you honestly" Kallen responded while also scratching behind Arthur's ears to distract him.
Shirley was silent for a few seconds before she spoke again. "You like Lulu, right?"
"Um, of course." Kallen quietly, knowing how much the other girl loved Lelouch. Shirley was her friend after all and she didn't want her getting hurt."
Where did this come from? Kallen hasn't outwardly shown any romantic interest towards him to anyone other than those already in the know. Milly suddenly roped her into the competition, which (plus the picture) is the only reason Shirley might have to believe this, but the way Shirley's talking about it makes it sound like A Big Thing. But Kallen herself has no reason to say yes, particularly since she hasn't been giving anyone any sign of that she likes him.

"Maybe he thought that if he held out long enough that he could collect all the money himself as no one won. It was worth a shot."
Naw, start loaning out money for people to bet on him. If no one gets him, he collects loads of money. If someone does, he still collects loads of money as people have to pay him back... plus interest.
But at this point, he's frankly unlikely to get involved with any of them. He and C.C. haven't started to build up a positive relationship (and her teasing has been even more ruthless this time around), he doesn't know Kallen well and considers her a potential risk, wouldn't ever pick Shirley considering the danger of his world, and Milly is... Milly. He'd never be able to actually *date* someone like her.
Dragonjek chapter 6 . 2/9
I think you're pushing C.C.'s teasing too hard. Be too forceful, and it only breeds resentment

(Also, a note to Lelouch-the way to deal with someone stealing your bed and hiding naked in it so you can't just pull them out is to untuck the edges of the sheets, pull it around the person in the bed, and then drag them off. Then hold one side, pull, and they'll roll out of your impromptu bag of bedding.

I would also like to point out that, at this stage, Suzaku wouldn't be considering asking anyone out, regardless of social stance. He's still in his "secret death wish over killing Dad" phase and just doesn't have the... *self-worth*, I suppose, to consider it.

But please don't take my criticisms as a mark against your story. I'm actually quite enjoying it, I just wished to point out points that could be improved (or could have been done better).
Dragonjek chapter 4 . 2/9
Pity that Lelouch already set up that meeting with the Black Knights-to-be. I don't think there's a single thing in the whole world he wanted more at that moment than to stay with Nunnally and celebrate.
Dragonjek chapter 2 . 2/9
I think waking up Nunnally isn't a good idea. She... was very innocent. And that innocence was utterly destroyed from the war-knowing what her brother did, pressing the button to destroy Pendragon herself, then learning that he sacrificed everything for her? Even if she has the chance to fix things this time, I don't think making her recall the past-er, future-is the best course of action.
Guest chapter 2 . 12/21/2015
Aaaaawwwweeeeesssssoooommmmeeeee idea!
Primus2021 chapter 11 . 11/28/2015
My bet is Lelouch with all 4 girls in a month or 3.
Sonicspeed258 chapter 1 . 10/23/2015
I absolutely love this. I discovered this today and I had to read through to where it has been left at. I hope you continue this and make it as good as it has been.
All the best for the future.
The King in White chapter 13 . 10/2/2015
Interesting story. I hope you decide to come back some time and work more on it. That being said, just going to raise a point about Lelouch-as-Emperor-or-not.

You're right in the sense that "Lelouch never wanted to be Emperor". But Lelouch is also fundamentally egotistic. He's not the kind of person that wants to live a quiet life on a farm with a white picket fence and three kids. As much as he protests it, Lelouch enjoys and desires power. He craves the ability to dictate the course of the world to his own vision of justice and peace. That's why his Geass manifests as it does.

Further, even if he sincerely didn't crave power and turned down the idea of becoming Emperor for himself, he'd never let Nunnally take the throne if there was any other choice. Even in a "gentle world", the monarchy is still going to be surrounded in the den of vipers that politics inevitably is. Lelouch would never agree to shove Nunnally on the throne to go through that, even if he had to take it himself. That's a flaw of his - seeing his sister as this eternally naive innocent angel to be protected rather than an Imperial Princess in her own right. Hence, why he never even considers telling her he's Zero. Nunnally becoming Empress after the Zero Requiem was a last option, since there wasn't anyone else possible but Schneizel, and Lelouch wouldn't trust him even with a Geass and Zero/Suzaku to watch him.
Shadow Crusader chapter 13 . 7/14/2015
It's a shame this story got abandoned :(