Reviews for Parallelism
Little Miss Novella chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
This was amazing to read!
Gershwin073 chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
Really great story! I always liked the idea of Stiles with Allison but there are just not that many stories of them together, and even fewer which are actually good. But I really enjoyed this one, the build up was very realistic and I could almost see this happening on the show if it wasn't for the fact that they've gone the Allison/Isaac direction which isn't all that great. But I'm glad I found this story to read;)
allisonarrgent chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
Ahhh oh my god I love everything about this so much that I’m going to cry. The way the title ties in to the first line and the last line and the overarching theme of parallel lines turning into intersecting ones was perfect, and Stiles and Allison started breaking my heart in the very first section. A scene where they subtly discuss the loss of their mothers is one that I’ve always wanted to see on the show, and my disappointment at how it’ll likely never happen is overshadowed by how beautifully you wrote them here. Their awkwardness in the library was spot–on as well, because despite how strained they seem at some times, they truly are super comfortable with one another at this point, a fact that’s just confirmed by the fact that Allison chose to sit with him rather than sit alone.

Then they keep running into one another and I’m struck by so many feelings because they’re such strong individuals together who have the potential for an amazing friendship turned into a relationship if the show was courageous enough to pursue developing it, because underneath it all Stiles is extremely compassionate and loyal and Allison is determined to fight and be strong and they both believe in the best in one another. They also share so many parallels – being motherless, for one, and human and broken and brave, and that could all make for such interesting conversations on the show (if only this fic was canon).

I adored how realistic the slow progression of their friendship to the what-if-this-was-something-more stage was (“Perhaps this is a factor in what draws her to him: he is relatable, because Allison knows what it's like to feel alone.” and “He's not stupid, though; he knows that clinging onto this false hope that one day Lydia would reciprocate his affection was always a sort of mechanism to keep away pain and grief. It was as if no matter what happened, Stiles would at least have his love of Lydia to hang on to, and to focus on.” – Gorgeous lines). Not to mention: “‘Yeah, I mean- you're Stiles-’ / ‘And you're Allison-’ Stiles counters this with mock disgust and Allison hits him playfully on the arm.” I’m screaming because THOSE ARE MY BABIES AND THEY’RE SO CUTE I CAN’T EVEN COPE.

Basically I’m in awe of how brilliantly you captured all the facets of their dynamic, including them simply being teenagers with hormones that end up harboring feelings for one another (the Harry Potter references and them playing video games and watching Seinfeld together absolutely killed me). The Scott/Stiles and Lydia/Allison (“Lydia turns around, an eyebrow raised. ‘Why do you have a guide to Call of Duty sitting on your dresser table?’” – I’m laughing) conversations were also excellent, because Scott and Lydia were just as in–character as Stiles and Allison, and I’m glad you included them because OT4, man, OT4. Stiles putting Scott’s happiness before his own was beautiful and heart–breaking because it is definitely something that he would do if this happened on the show (and Scott reciprocating those feelings I AM DONE they are the brotp to end all other brotps). Also Scott/Isaac yes good.

I’m forever thankful to you for writing such a wonderful fic surrounding all the potential Stiles and Allison have. Don’t ever stop writing! xx
Ensign Cole chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
That was great!
Writteninthestars08 chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
I absolutely LOVE this! :D Everything was so perfect and not rushed at all. I could definitely see something along the lines of this happening with Stiles and Allison. Amazing job! ;D
Newbourne5 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I really enjoyed this. I've only recently imagined an Allison and Stiles pairing but your story has cemented it for me. You captured both characters quite well and I found myself really rooting for them. I think my favorite passage was when you wrote about Allison's smile not reaching her eyes. Great imagery there. Nice job on this.
Pypera chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Lovely :)

This was a beautiful piece of work. Everyone seems very in character. Great job!
alessfansama chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
I really like this story, and I think that you did a great job! :D
sassyjenglish chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
That was the first Stiles/Allison fan fic that I've read mostly because Ive never shipped then before but your story's totally changed my mind, that was so cute I loved it
xoxButterflysTornadoxox chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I loved this! The character writing was perfect and everything went very smooth! Fantastic job!
samanthaxama chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
awwwww so cute ! i never thought i would ship them it was very cute XD
me chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
this was so good! perfect!
readingwithenvy chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
so cute! i've totally been lusting for some Stiles/Allison. i'm stuck on the human love
MagnusXXN chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
A stiles/allison fic, of course I'm happy! They usualy only get a half way maybe something could have happened kind of deal. Or that one fic where stiles kills her...

But I'm lovin this. Very sweet. Though I'm starting to get it into my head to write a darker stiles myself, but sweet goofy stiles is still good. And allison pairing is great too.

Scott/issac...maybe. lol.

): )
usoverlooked chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
UM WOW SO I LOVE THIS. When you mentioned writing this/shipping this, I was initially wary but omg you've converted me. Scott is spot-on and Stiles and Allison have the cutest sexual tension ever. I LOVE IT A LOT OKAY.