Reviews for Birds of a feather
Rob The Ara Macao chapter 12 . 2/8/2014
When I beging reading a story 2 things can happen, one: I get tired of it and stop reading or two: I can't stop and read on as far as I can.

Your story produced the second effect on me, thanks, I read it in every free time I had. I really enjoyed how you described Janet and Nico's life changing experience. I liked to read how a single fortuite action can unchain a long series of events. Plus I liked your characters, Janet and especially Frank. What more can I say? great job.

Guest chapter 6 . 1/4/2014
Que battle scars
Its a song
Look it up
Guest chapter 3 . 1/4/2014
Frankie is the new york twin of Rapheal
Jixstun chapter 12 . 12/11/2013
An awesome conclusion. I loved that you ended with a friendly singing & dance competition between the siblings. Music is an important part of Rio & I think you nailed it with those 2 performances. (though I gotta say I personally liked Flora & Janet's slightly more. I guess it's because I like that particular song more.)

I really glad it had a happy ending too. I'm a sucker for those, but I also like that you left the door open for a possible continuation. I would like to see what Janet, Frankie, Flora, Etc get up to next in Rio & it also looks like that things aren't over with the villains either! Will Bruno hold a grudge against Nico/Janet & attempt revenge? Who are we kidding? Of course he will!

Overall an awesome story, & I hope anything that we may learn about Rio 2 won't discourage you from revisiting it. There's nothing wrong with AU (Alternate Universe) & deviations from Canon when done well, which in my opinion this is.

And no, i'm not just saying that because of the shout-out. (Though thanks for that, By the Way ;))
Jixstun chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Rescued! Huzzah! :)

Loved this chapter. With the help of his friends Nico rescued & reunited with his sister & the bad guys got their comeuppance. (Well, except Maria. Hopefully Karma catches up with her at some point)

Now that the siblings are free in Rio all that needs to be addressed is their next move. I don't think Nico at least will be that keen to return to New York (in fact, we know from the movie he doesn't) but what about Janet? After almost losing her brother I can't see her being willing to leave him again, so maybe she can build a life for herself in Rio too?

I look forward to the conclusion, but don't worry how long it takes. I'd rather wait for a proper finale than a quick resolution.
Rio Judger chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Wrong with story:

Title of story is a complete fuck#ng rip off from another story and it's too short. :D

No story is without a sin.
Jixstun chapter 10 . 7/18/2013
Great to see a new chapter & Nico & Pedro's first meeting. The song was very fitting & really sold how these 2 could've met & become fast friends.

Things also seem to be coming to a head with Janet's predicament. I'm still holding out hope that her story will have a happy ending that can still fit into canon, perhaps now that Nico has some allies as well as an idea of where she is they can mount a rescue before Leandro gets double-crossed at his meeting? There's no telling what'll happen to her if she's still in his clutches when that goes down...

Guess I'll just have to cross my feath...err, fingers about that & await the continuation eh?
Jixstun chapter 9 . 3/30/2013
So Nico has gained his first allies in Rio...but Janet & Frankie arent being idle on their end either!

I liked that Nightmare sequence. It shows Nico's fears, but is also a pretty good prediction of how Bruno will react if/when he finds the Birds have "flown the coop". I can see his concern over his master loosing them merging with his anger/fustration over Maria's escape making him even more unhinged & dangerous than he was before.

Excellent work so far & I look forward to more.
Griffcraft chapter 8 . 2/21/2013
keep up the good work
Jixstun chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
Awesome update. It looks like things are really heating up, with the reveal of Bruno's reaction to Maria's escape & the glimmer of hope his angry actions has given our trapped Herod. where would we be without villain mistakes eh? ;)

That was Fernando making a little cameo wasn't it? Poor boy. I don't know of many Rio stories that feature him (a failing mine is certainly guilty of) so perhaps someday he can have more of the limelight.

Nico auditioning huh? Now I wonder what kind of other music-minded birds he might run into doing something like that... ;)

All in all, a great update. I look forward to more & I'm still crossing my fingers that the story of Nico's sister will have a happy ending. Good luck with future chapters!
Ricardo the Black Hawk chapter 8 . 2/15/2013
Very good story you got going on. Keep up the good work.
Jeff117 chapter 7 . 1/26/2013
Make a new chapter.
Jixstun chapter 7 . 1/2/2013
A really interesting story. I love stories that flesh out the backstories of characters, especially ones we know so little about like Nico & Pedro. Perhaps this story will have their first meeting?

As the story currently stands, I suppose it could go either way as being a Alternate Universe or one that could really have happened in Nico's backstory. I think the key here is what is going to happen to Janet. She wasn't in the film, so I'm crossing my fingers that nothing untoward happens to her, like when Bruno finally discovers that Maria has escaped. Will he become even more deranged? Will it be Nico who rescues her, or perhaps someone else?

Looking forward to finding out what Nico & Janet will discover now that they're both in Rio!
Winterbyrd chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
Sorry I couldn't review sooner, but I've been ridiculously busy. Anyway! This was a great chapter. Although I happen to be an avid fan of heavy metal, I liked your song scene at the top there. ;) I could picture that playing out quite nicely. Oh, and jeez, Maria turning out the way she has was a good and unforeseen twist, I must say! Nice job on that. I'm left wondering how the heck Nico is going to manage to get himself to Rio by the next chapter what with being trapped under a box now though. Kudos on this cliffhanger. :) Let me know when you update next and good work so far! (Forgot to login when I started typing this, by the way, so excuse the anonymity!)
HollyOnHiatus chapter 5 . 9/25/2012
The song scene was pretty unique for this fandom. I liked it! Never heard the song before, but I was picturing it and I thought it fit the mood nicely, so good choice there. Definitely helps to deepen Bruno's character. Now, Veronica! There was something unexpected. Bird OC's are certainly commonplace (understandably so), so it's always fun to see someone throw another creature into the mix. Oh, I'm glad you liked one of the names I suggested for Bruno's master, by the way. :) Anywho, good job on this! Don't get discouraged by the lack of reviews. This is a pretty tiny fandom in my experience, so it seems stories on here rarely get the reviews they deserve. Ah well, happy writing! I shall await your update!